PDA

View Full Version : Stock Market & Money Crash Helping Ron Paul???

mello
03-16-2008, 12:23 PM
How much do you think the stock market & the value of the dollar
needs to drop in order for Congressman Paul's chances to improve
to the point of winning the National Convention?

I just read recently that a penny in 1909 was actually worth 47¢
when you compare it to a penny today. That blows my mind!!! $100
would be worth $4700 in friggin' 1909!!!

Shed
03-16-2008, 12:45 PM
It certainly adds credibility to what he's been saying. I'm less confident it will have an impact on the Convention or Election, though. Maybe if things go downhill fast before then.

Zera
03-16-2008, 12:47 PM
If Paul does get the nomination, it would certainly be helpful. Neither of the Democrats know much about economy, and are both hardcore liberals (McCain is pretty much, too). That's a huge downfall to our current economy.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-16-2008, 12:53 PM
It certainly adds credibility to what he's been saying. I'm less confident it will have an impact on the Convention or Election, though. Maybe if things go downhill fast before then.

I agree. We're dealing with a lot of people who want to put their fingers in their ears and scream "LA LA LA LA." The party leadership has made it clear from the beginning that Paul is not what they want. The media has made it clear from the beginning that Paul is not what they want. Those people aren't supporting the likes of McCain because they're stupid or just can't grasp what Paul is saying.

They simply don't care that he's right, and it turns out that they were powerful enough to squash the biggest grassroots movement in political history, and they really didn't even need to fight that hard. They won't change their mind no matter how bad things get. If Paul ran independent, we could try, but don't expect help from the people currently running things.

Rhys
03-16-2008, 01:15 PM
they'll blame the problem on not enough regulation in the morgate broaker industry, and pass new laws. if it gets real bad, they'll bring us a hitler. Ron Paul wont be part of it unless we make him so.

Anyeong
03-16-2008, 01:36 PM
If Paul does get the nomination, it would certainly be helpful. Neither of the Democrats know much about economy, and are both hardcore liberals (McCain is pretty much, too). That's a huge downfall to our current economy.

I completely agree, this is why McCain has dodged debates with Ron Paul. If he ever got questions on the economy, like right now with the state it's at, Ron Paul would be all over the two pinhead democrats and a former democrat. ;)

It's funny how people forgot that McCain was a democrat before, I remember the speech by George W. Bush welcoming McCain back to the Republican party in some MSM gathering or party event, I think this was also the same event where Bush mocked the Iraq war, "Hmm...there's no WMD here, not under here..." lame jokes that should have gotten enough Americans mad enough to storm that place.

GoPaul08
03-16-2008, 01:52 PM
The reason why people are not voting for him is not because they thing that the economy is all hunkydory. They just don't think that he has the answers to fix it. THAT is what you have to try to convince others. Saying Ron Paul correctly predicted this. That doesn't help at all.

And seriously...enough of he national convention. Ron Paul is NOT GOING TO BE THE GOP NOMINEE. Continuing to suggest there is ANY chance otehrwise makes you worhtless to the cause. You can't help the cause when you are (rightfully) ignored for being a crazy person. The movement needs people who live in reality now.

RP4EVER
03-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Whys Ron still running then? If he doesnt have a chance; he could save face and you would be thrilled. But he's still in it......I dont think its solely for the message now; theres enough Liberty Candidates that he could bow out and the message would still get spread; so again I ask; why is he still in it?