PDA

View Full Version : Landslide in Jackson Country (Kansas City) Missouri for Ron Paul

Phantom
03-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Landslide in Jackson Country (Kansas City) Missouri for Ron Paul

Posted March 16th, 2008 by bedr1 Daily Paul (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/42876)

Kind of a funny story about Jackson County Missouri. This was Ron Paul's Missouri state coordinator's county. They go into the convention and have overwhelming numbers for Ron Paul, but they didn't want to alienate the party leaders so they tried to broker a deal where the Ron Paul people when get a large majority of the delegates. However, there where about a dozen or so Ron Paul supporters that the RP County Coordinator didn't know and they didn't want the deal, they wanted to take everything. So they were able to convince the delegation to vote the deal down, the Republican County chair threw a fit and walked out of the caucus with a dozen or so Republicans. So the caucus Secretary was voted in as state chair and new elections were held and the caucus continued for hours and they passed resolutions and elected all 187 Delegates for Ron Paul to the State Convention and District Conventions.

Link (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/42876)

AJ Antimony
03-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Wow!

Banana
03-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Um, there's a Kansas City in Jackson county, Missouri? :confused:

It sucked that other RPR didn't know about the deal- I don't like to alienate people. Hopefully, they will make peace somehow.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
03-16-2008, 12:12 PM
nt

Phantom
03-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Banana
Um, there's a Kansas City in Jackson country, Missouri?

Jackson County is a county located in Northeast Kansas, Missouri.

Banana
03-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Northeast Kansas in Missouri? Is that a special meaning of the word, not referring to the state Kansas, but rather to a group of counties in a state?

Phantom
03-16-2008, 12:30 PM
I have no idea Banana

Banana
03-16-2008, 12:32 PM
All right- just as well, as I'm off the topic.

Anyway, keep scoring victories!

xCakex
03-16-2008, 12:39 PM
sweetness.

Thanehand
03-16-2008, 12:49 PM
"Threw a fit and walked out."

I don't know all the circunstances, but this seems childish anf just goes to show what we're dealing with -- people who just want to get their way regardless of what the rest want.

Rhys
03-16-2008, 01:14 PM
if only we could get every republican who's not a RP supporter to throw a fit and leave.

speciallyblend
03-16-2008, 02:00 PM
if only we could get every republican who's not a RP supporter to throw a fit and leave.

+1 ,or at least wise up and vote for Ron Paul 2008

Verad
03-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Kansas City spills over the border from Kansas into Missouri, and that part of it falls in Jackson county.

Truth Warrior
03-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Actually, KC, MO is a whole lot bigger than KC, KS.

phixion
03-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Sounds awesome - what does it mean - and cal all those delgates end up at the actual convention or can they be blocked on their way somehow through state/local convention things?

Pete

Banana
03-16-2008, 03:02 PM
Kansas City spills over the border from Kansas into Missouri, and that part of it falls in Jackson county.

Aha, now that makes sense!

Believe it or not, I actually thought Kansas City was in middle of Kansas, not on the border. :eek:

Time for me to re-take geography! :o

libertythor
03-16-2008, 03:09 PM

Believe it or not, I actually thought Kansas City was in middle of Kansas, not on the border. :eek:

No problem.

Here is another interesting fact on Missouri counties and municipalities.

Another one that gets people is that Saint Louis is its own county, and Saint Louis County doesn't contain and is completely separate from Saint Louis (Saint Louis city is a different county.) LOL Saint Louis is its own county. Saint Louis County actually contains the bulk of the population that makes the area a metropolis. Saint Louis city doesn't really have that many people. (300,000 vs 1.something million for the county)

FreeTraveler
03-16-2008, 03:11 PM
What's the total number of delegates that go to state in Missouri? Does this 187 represent a significant percentage of the total state, since it's one of the most populated counties? How have the other large counties done?

I'm wondering what our chances are of seeing something similar to this at the state convention.

libertythor
03-16-2008, 03:14 PM
What's the total number of delegates that go to state in Missouri? Does this 187 represent a significant percentage of the total state, since it's one of the most populated counties? How have the other large counties done?

I'm wondering what our chances are of seeing something similar to this at the state convention.

Its significant, but half of the state's population lives outside of the metro areas. The smaller counties together carry a lot of clout, but it looks like a lot of them were carried by RP supporters as well.

MozoVote
03-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Missouri was a cliffhanger for McCain on primary day... I think he lost the rural counties to Huckabee and it was the metros that carried him, right?

libertythor
03-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Missouri was a cliffhanger for McCain on primary day... I think he lost the rural counties to Huckabee and it was the metros that carried him, right?

Yep, and it was only by a percent or two.. The rural counties carry equal weight. That is why it is a swing state. Missouri now allows concealed weapons permits, but in the 90īs when the referendum was first held, it failed by a percent. The urban residents voted no to concealed weapons, the rural counties voted yes. When the proposal was resubmitted, it passed narrowly, being carried by the rural counties.

I don't see the rural counties rejecting Ron Paul. At the very least a lot of the platform amendments on the Animal ID initiative should do well either way. But lets wait and see. Some huck supporters have been organizing for similar reasons, and they might split the rural counties with Ron Paul. In that case, an alliance could be made at the state convention to unbind the delegates, and then most would go to Ron Paul and the rest to Huckabee. Most Huck supporters despise McCain as well.

Anyways it is something for people to think about. If any hucksters get in at your county, organize with them to unbind the delegates at the state convention. That will benefit all and take away from McCain. In that case Ron should get most of the national delegates, and Huck will get a few extra.

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-16-2008, 03:29 PM
B-E-A-utiful!!!

I read this thread through and had all my questions
answered by the time I got here. Thanks all! :)

kirkblitz
03-16-2008, 05:49 PM

hehe so did i, i think a lot of people make that same mistake

Give me liberty
03-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Thank you Jackson county Missouri :)

molly_pitcher
03-16-2008, 06:15 PM
You guys are soooo effin SEXY!!!!!!

mczerone
03-16-2008, 08:57 PM
This anecdote opens up a strategy for those who have conventions to attend yet: Have a group willing to compromise, and a small group holding back. It may not end up the same way (with huge RP numbers) - but it at least gives the appearance to the old guard that we have big enough numbers to have that rupture, and If we give a little, but have a group unwilling to move that we can try to work with the enemy to try to appease - Have them help us come to an agreement or get out of our way.

wowabunga
03-16-2008, 10:48 PM

I lived in Columbia Mo for a year and when I found out that Kansas City was not in Kansas... I was shocked. Am 100 percent for taking over the legislature here in Missouri and change'n the name from KC to the more senseable Missouri City. LOL

Way to go Missouri Delegates...!

runderwo
03-17-2008, 10:47 AM
http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/10514