PDA

View Full Version : Whatcom County County Washington State Caucus takes 32 out 38 delegates!!!

Phantom
03-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Whatcom County County Washington State Caucus takes 32 out 38 delegates!!!

Posted March 16th, 2008 by krmaya Daily Paul (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/42861)

Yesterday was fierce for our RP group we were outnumbered 60% - 40%. Amending the platform was difficult but we made small ground and we were able to add an amendment that stated something to the effect that the platform will follow the rule of law and the constitution. (which nullifies 3/4 of the platform) It was hard for me personally listening to all the pro war rhetoric all day long but I am so proud to be associated with these patriots as we all stayed for 12 - 14 hours!!!! Not one real gripe other than "OMG are these people for real?" I kept looking at Ron's photo that was at his campaign table which helped me stay strong and remember why I was there. In the end the convention chair who had been very fair stated to us that he could have torn our slate apart which would have resulted in a less favorable result BUT he sees new enthusiasm and welcomes it and was very impressed by the level of commitment of our group. He did say that this better mean that we stick around once this "thing" with our candidate is done. This is the part the GOP does not understand..... that this is a movement that will not end with Dr Paul's candidacy one way or the other. So today I raise my glass to a toast and asking you to join me in celebrating a small but sweet victory!!! March on PATRIOTS the battle has just begun.

Link (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/42861)

rockandrollsouls
03-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Ok, so I have a question. It seems like we are getting alot more paul delegates through than McCain delegates....so it seems like at the national convention, if this is any indication, we'll have a LOT of paul delegates there. Can we get them all to not vote for the bound candidate? In NJ, even though they are supposedly bound, they can vote for whoever they want but they can't be a delegate in the future. Can we pull this off?

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Whatcom County County Washington State Caucus takes 32 out 38 delegates!!!

Posted March 16th, 2008 by krmaya Daily Paul (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/42861)

Yesterday was fierce for our RP group we were outnumbered 60% - 40%. Amending the platform was difficult but we made small ground and we were able to add an amendment that stated something to the effect that the platform will follow the rule of law and the constitution. (which nullifies 3/4 of the platform) It was hard for me personally listening to all the pro war rhetoric all day long but I am so proud to be associated with these patriots as we all stayed for 12 - 14 hours!!!! Not one real gripe other than "OMG are these people for real?" I kept looking at Ron's photo that was at his campaign table which helped me stay strong and remember why I was there. In the end the convention chair who had been very fair stated to us that he could have torn our slate apart which would have resulted in a less favorable result BUT he sees new enthusiasm and welcomes it and was very impressed by the level of commitment of our group. He did say that this better mean that we stick around once this "thing" with our candidate is done. This is the part the GOP does not understand..... that this is a movement that will not end with Dr Paul's candidacy one way or the other. So today I raise my glass to a toast and asking you to join me in celebrating a small but sweet victory!!! March on PATRIOTS the battle has just begun.

Link (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/42861)

Great job!

Q: By 'our group', I take it that you mean 'Ron Paul group'...
As mentioned a few places elsewhere, a Conservative Value slate
would get way more co-operation in reforming the GOP and in
getting delegates elected all while staying covert!!!!!

Banana
03-16-2008, 10:55 AM
w00t!

Let's hope all other counties keep this up! :)

kigol
03-16-2008, 11:30 AM
:cool:

orlandoinfl
04-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Bravo, what about the other counties?

torchbearer
04-06-2008, 10:38 PM
It looks like we are a bunch of Ninjas crashing through the windows at these conventions...
They can't see where we come from... and then - BAM!
Full slate of delegates....
Your convention is belong to us