PDA

View Full Version : Need some RP help...........

born2drv
08-18-2007, 11:34 AM
need some educated people with good responses here :)

http://www.hannity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289331

Slugg
08-18-2007, 11:37 AM
need some educated people with good responses here :)

http://www.hannity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289331

I'm gunna regret this......

LibertyEagle
08-18-2007, 11:48 AM
http://www.reason.com/news/show/29318.html

" If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. I think conservatism is really a misnomer just as liberalism is a misnomer for the liberals–if we were back in the days of the Revolution, so-called conservatives today would be the Liberals and the liberals would be the Tories. The basis of conservatism is a desire for less government interference or less centralized authority or more individual freedom and this is a pretty general description also of what libertarianism is.

Now, I can’t say that I will agree with all the things that the present group who call themselves Libertarians in the sense of a party say, because I think that like in any political movement there are shades, and there are libertarians who are almost over at the point of wanting no government at all or anarchy. I believe there are legitimate government functions. There is a legitimate need in an orderly society for some government to maintain freedom or we will have tyranny by individuals. The strongest man on the block will run the neighborhood. We have government to insure that we don’t each one of us have to carry a club to defend ourselves. But again, I stand on my statement that I think that libertarianism and conservatism are travelling the same path." -- Ronald Reagan

"I don’t believe in a government that protects us from ourselves." -- Ronald Reagan

Slugg
08-18-2007, 12:33 PM
My response on their forum:

I like Dr. Paul, I know he's polling low, but that's not the debate here. The debate is his stances. So, let's look at that:

He didn't vote to cut spending, he voted to not increase it. You seem to think that means he didn't want the government to buy proper equipment. This, I'm afraid, is horrible logic. Let's follow it through, shall we?

1) We have so much wasteful spending (I'm not even talking pork 'earmarks' either) just wasteful spending. Give the Department of Defense 1.5 trillion dollars...and they lose it? LOSE over a trillion dollars? But, we know they didn't really LOSE it, they spent it on things they were not supposed to. This isn't a politician mistake, it's a DoD mistake, and they've been doing it for years.
2)We could have still increased the money to our troops by cutting back on other programs (Iike welfare, the failing Department of Education, the failing Department of Energy, or any other number of stupid government 'services')
No, he voted no and offered other means to get the money. He didn't say no to giving the troops more money, he said no to giving them more without cutting other fundings.

If all of congress worked like him, the troops would have MOROh, and mE money. They would be cutting everything else to support our troops. But instead, we have an administration that is giving 30 billion dollars in weapons to Saudi, then complaining that Ron Paul voted against another over sized budget. WTF?

The fact of the matter is that we have more than enough money to pay for the war, and the Neo-Cons could do it too, but they don't have the political power to defeat the dems on any social spending issue. Period. So, they just borrow more money....then blame someone who's looking out for our best interest. AGAIN, THE MONEY COULD COME FROM ELSEWHERE!!! That was the point, listen to his speech "The End of Dollar Hedgemony"

What's next? Oh yeah, earmarks....you can sling this at him if you like. I don't care... I'm not trying to get you to vote for the guy.

My favorite, "Only defending ourselves will not defeat your enemies"...

Well, as of now our strategy is to sit in Iraq and hope our enemies on the GLOBAL war on terror travel to our military. It appears that if the GLOBAL war on terror is going to be fought and won, we need to pull back; find our enemies, and go get them. But, we can't do that now, cause we're stuck in Iraq (and probably Iran next). One more time:
We sit in Iraq and hope the terrorists come to us. As if bin Laden is going to ride a horse and lead his men to battle in Iraq. It's retarded, we're playing the defense game now...if you want to get aggressive, you gotta leave Iraq. It's a sand trap.

And don't try and tell me, "He's an isolationist, he won't go get them" Because he has made clear, many times, we should not be involved in the INTERNAL affairs of other nations. This means, no regime change, no fighting other's civil wars, or no funding of revolutions. And best of all, stop enforcing U.N. Resolutions. But, interventionism got us stuck in Iraq; now we can't get Bin Laden, can't touch Hugo Chavez, can't touch North Korea, and can't touch Russia.

Oh, and God forbid China decides to sell our dollar. We would be stuck in Iraq and couldn't fight China to prevent an American Depression....

Your whole, "You can leave billy alone, but he's still gonna take your lunch money"

Not if you kick his ass he wont....that's Ron Paul's point. We're fighting the wrong fight. Bin Laden has gotten away, al quida is stronger than ever, and we're stuck in Iraq....."So, billy is still gunna try to get our lunch money cause we're busy fighting bob (who had nothing to do with the lunch debacle to begin with).

And, "Non interventionism cause two World Wars."
Nope. Other countries foriegn policy of interventionism caused WW1 and WWII...They got involved with us, we kicked there ass...that's how its done.

But, the world learned. We defeated the soviets economically, never had to fire a shot. That's PERFECT non-interventionism. That's what Ron Paul supports. We win wars by playing chess, not GI Joe.

shadowhooch
08-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Good post Slugg.

Slugg
08-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Good post Slugg.

That turned into a big argument...heh....I was right...I did regret it. :(

Shink
08-18-2007, 04:40 PM
My eyes!:mad: You're doing well there.

Slugg
08-18-2007, 04:58 PM
My eyes!:mad: You're doing well there.

Thanks, I think it 'might' be over....we'll see. :)

born2drv
08-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks a lot I really appreciate it ;) my handle over there is assyrian... tried to register born2drv but it wouldn't let me ....

i'm really proud of all the intelligent people who stand behind RP... thanks again :D