PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's Campaign sabotaged.

Feelgood
03-15-2008, 10:55 PM
http ://www. modbee.com/opinion/letters/story/239664.html

Probably alot of truth to this, unfortunately. Especially the 9/11 Truthers. :rolleyes:

GoPaul08
03-16-2008, 10:55 PM
http ://www. modbee.com/opinion/letters/story/239664.html

Probably alot of truth to this, unfortunately. Especially the 9/11 Truthers. :rolleyes:

What race are we talking about now? Making people ignore you for being a delusional crazy person by sayingthat Ron Paul still has a chance to be the GOP is not the way to spread the word.

I just don't understnad why you think that Ron Paul is an idiot. After all, he freely admits that he is not going to be the GOP nominee. So you must be calling him stupid.

How dare you.

As for this story..this is EXACTLy why Ron Paul was wrong for not outright condemning the truthers and refusing their donations. However, it may have hurt him, but the notion that without them he was sure to win is pretty absurd. Same with the notion that he had the best chance to beat the Democrats.

0zzy
03-16-2008, 11:00 PM
It's always about the "Jews", eh?

HollyforRP
03-17-2008, 10:25 AM
What race are we talking about now? Making people ignore you for being a delusional crazy person by sayingthat Ron Paul still has a chance to be the GOP is not the way to spread the word.

I just don't understnad why you think that Ron Paul is an idiot. After all, he freely admits that he is not going to be the GOP nominee. So you must be calling him stupid.

How dare you.

As for this story..this is EXACTLy why Ron Paul was wrong for not outright condemning the truthers and refusing their donations. However, it may have hurt him, but the notion that without them he was sure to win is pretty absurd. Same with the notion that he had the best chance to beat the Democrats.

Whatever. Even if he condemned the truthers and whoever else the media went after, Ron Paul would have had the same treatment.

I don't see the media pinpointing groups of others supporters and trying to tell a candidate to pick and choose because basically they were trying to split up his supporters and have them fight for their differences.

HollyforRP
03-17-2008, 10:29 AM
This article is very amateur:

"Ron Paul's campaign sabotaged
last updated: March 15, 2008 08:53:22 AM

The High Five
Most Emailed Stories
A 6-pack of trouble
Beaten man won't survive, mom says
2 CHP officers hurt in 4-car wreck
5 arrests in Modesto brawl; victim critical
Ron Paul's campaign sabotaged
The High Five are the five most-read stories, updated hourly.

Artist profile: Jan Rapp
Modesto beating victim declared brain dead
Stockton diocese says no base for abuse allegation, reinstates priest
Key figures in big projects spent plenty of time with Modesto, Stanislaus County politicos
Three charged in Riverbank counterfeiting
There is a reason why Ron Paul will not be president. It has nothing to do with fraud or Diebold machines. The reason why he lost is that a small but vocal minority of lunatic fringe elements (particularly Holocaust deniers and 9/11 "truthers," people who believe 9/11 was an inside job done on behalf of a larger Jewish conspiracy) used Ron Paul's campaign as a vehicle for the dissemination of their propaganda.

They had their own agenda and they didn't care if it hurt Ron Paul's chances. Their public statements and antics gave the establishment media the ammunition to unfairly link Paul and his real supporters to the subversive views of a tiny handful of malodorous cranks. Even after Paul made it abundantly clear that their views were not his, they continued to hang around his neck like the dead albatross, scaring away people who otherwise would have voted for him. The 9/11 "truthers" and Holocaust deniers should be expecting a thank you note from the Democrats very soon for sabotaging the presidential run of the only man who could have beaten them in November.

CHARLES BYRD

Modesto"

Alright my 2 cents

STFU thought police. These people are clearly trying to claim that it was a specific breed that ruined Ron's chances and that is a lie. It's people like this who act like they are trying to be helpful by playing the role of the thought police.

I've heard Ron Paul labelled anti-semitic for his ideas on war. I wouldn't be surprised if the person who wrote that article supports Hillary.

acptulsa
03-17-2008, 10:39 AM
How dare you.

Where the hell did this rant come from? What does it have to do with the article? Just any old excuse to be a naysayer?

sratiug
03-17-2008, 10:41 AM
It's always about the "Jews", eh?

Who owns the lease to the World Trade Center for the next 99 years? Why would anyone have EVER even considered rebuilding on that site? Can't we all admit that Zionism is bad? Or like the ADL and Wolf Blitzer do you consider me an anti-semite for taking that position? If that is the case WHEN are we going to give the US back to the "Indians"?

HollyforRP
03-17-2008, 10:51 AM
If that is the case WHEN are we going to give the US back to the "Indians"?

I hear that rant commonly to excuse behavior of now :rolleyes:

It's okay to attack arabs because well, Americans did this and that in the past.

Also, I often hear slavery brought up to justify actions of today :rolleyes:

------(This part is not directed at your quote or to you) v

We fought our own civil war. What do you see in the news? Oh yeah you see covert racism making people fear black men, hispanics and old white men.

Blacks are pinned against hispanics in the news and that only happened after hispanics seemed more anglo.

Jews are now officially a race even though they carefully try to proxify their labels yet label everyone that doesn't agree with this war anti-semitic even thought semites aren't just for Jews but also arabs and their culture as well as Persians.

Then the holocaust is brought up. Okay well, you want my sympathy?? Quit acting like guilt trip morons, quit hiding behind your stupid attempts of speech suppression because you can't handle criticism while you criticize everyone else and label them racists.

Why do jews that are pale claim they hate white people? Your skin is white, you are white. White is a color not a race. I love how people manipulate others to not say such things about their own group but will do the same.

Also, if jewish people want my sympathy for the holocaust, why don't Israel jews and supporters of Zion quit doing what Hitler did to them onto Palestinians.

That was then and this is now. For some reason alot of supports of Israel's decision to wipe away arabs really want people to keep silent about their disdain and also tell people what America's constitution means to suit their own agenda naturally and keep racism alive as well as guilt.

Germans were guilt tripped too. If you live in the past you'll stay there but some people who aren't really racist would like to move on yet these past dwellers won't allow that to happen and it's all about mental control and manipulation using guilt and suppression.

I don't care what I am labelled as a result because I can guarantee you that the people who do that do so because they are manipulative dickheads.

IllMortalD
03-17-2008, 01:41 PM
If you don't want me involved because I have questions that aren't answered or aren't answered properly then fine, but don't tell me who or what I am like you know every single type of "truther".
Have you looked into it at all or did you just accept everything that was told to you? Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. To say that someone is hurting the movement for trying to more accurately understand what happened to us on that day is absurd. There is a lot of emotion involved for some people others are zealots that's true for any cause but we are all not one type of crazy conspiracy theorist. When you tell me that it's not okay to ask questions, that it might hurt the movement then you suppress my liberty and possibly my safety in the event there is something nefarious happening. Anyways here's another rant. Peace

acptulsa
03-17-2008, 01:45 PM
If you don't want me involved because I have questions that aren't answered or aren't answered properly then fine, but don't tell me who or what I am like you know every single type of "truther".
Have you looked into it at all or did you just accept everything that was told to you? Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. To say that someone is hurting the movement for trying to more accurately understand what happened to us on that day is absurd. There is a lot of emotion involved for some people others are zealots that's true for any cause but we are all not one type of crazy conspiracy theorist. When you tell me that it's not okay to ask questions, that it might hurt the movement then you suppress my liberty and possibly my safety in the event there is something nefarious happening. Anyways here's another rant. Peace

I don't know why Americans wouldn't ask questions. Look at the good that came of Woodward and Bernstein asking questions about Nixon. I don't know why a person interested in truth and justice wouldn't support Dr. Paul. What other candidate would have fewer sacred cows of his own--or would hold those cows less sacred?

I would just hope that, if asked by Dr. Paul to take it elsewhere for the good of the campaign, they would have sense enough and courtesy enough to comply. That's all. But I won't be flaming all "truthers" over the actions of a few.

wowabunga
03-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Hack Article. Meant to further divide.

We had some 9-11 truthers at a big event a few months back. The local Ron Paul Meetup crew saw how the 9-11 crew was handing out free T-Shirts at the event. We got together ( it was our event ) and nicely asked the truthers to put away their free tshirts... and get this... they did... problem solved.

The next time we met up with the same folks... no problems. We respect their right to believe what they wish, and they respected our requests. Good people.... all of us working for a good cause.

I have some "pet beliefs" that I feel strongly about... but I don't force this down others throats. Matter of fact I've posted over 300 times here and have yet to mention one of the reasons I'm a big Ron Paul fan..... my Great Grand Parents were married for over 50 years and I have the highest regards for couples who keep their promises. :)

TheInvestigatorOfFreedom
03-17-2008, 08:26 PM
the answer is that people who have the compelling of the 9/11 truthers plus the holocaust deniers is breaking this they need just support instead of convincing the people that 9/11 was an inside job or the holocaust never happened i would say let Ron Paul do his Job and just get people to vote for him. the problem with this campaign is the people trying to convince public that strategy won't work. or trying to hit on obama point of view even tho obama did say something about Pakistan he should let the obama supporters hear that and let them decide who to vote for. The second problem is we need to think more like a supporting campaign then a truth movement. The reason why some people won't vote for Ron Paul is because of some his supporters which is true. the spirit of Ron Paul campaign should never die out but we need to work hard and stop convincing the public of the dangers because that strategy will not bring new people into the Ron Paul revolution. The only thing that will convince the people into the Ron Paul revolution is the policies that Ron Paul brings to the table to put out a good statement that Ron Paul made or what he would do if he was president. Just keep your cool until Ron Paul wins then you can look in the back of your mind.

HollyforRP
03-17-2008, 10:34 PM
the question is that people who have the compelling of the 9/11 truthers plus the holocaust deniers is breaking this they need just support instead of convincing the people that 9/11 was an inside job or the holocaust never happened i would say let Ron Paul do his Job and just get people to vote for him.

Yeah, I agree with not cross promoting. I don't however think that all truthers are in on the same cross promoting plot. If anything those that cross promote are probably just media moles trying to make Ron Paul and all his supporters look bad. They purposely are doing a disservice and wouldn't surprise me if they supported someone else but decided to troll the streets.

It made it so that anyone who claims to be a truther must be a mole or a troll. Media made this happen.

IllMortalD
03-19-2008, 11:58 AM
True. Who does media represent? That's the question. I hear people talk about greed and corruption but no one ever wonders what the people "beyond money" have as goals. What I mean by beyond money is simply those elite that have the means to sustain themselves regardless of the economic situation their fellow countrymen and women are in. We always point the blame at money, but if money means nothing to you then you tend to turn to more ideological pursuits. We see that sometimes with Warren Buffet or Bill Gates giving a ton of money away with charity. Is it not true that there would also be those that use their influence or power to further goals not in our country's interest? Again I say that this is not the only possible explanation, but it is possible. Corporations that are transnational are beyond any one country they are in, is the same not true of those elite so wealthy they are in essence transnational. The greatest lie the devil ever told was that he didn't exist, and he seems to hold so much authority everyone believed him.If I'm wrong then all we have to deal with is some money hungry crooks. If I'm even half right this movement won't be the only one that's needed.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
03-19-2008, 01:40 PM
I have never encountered a Holocaust denier, either in person or on these boards. Truthers, yeah...

OptionsTrader
03-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Meant to further divide.

Precisely.

If Paul was concerned about this association, he wouldn't have gone on AJ's show so many times last year.

Let people believe what they want to believe, be tolerant and respectful, and this perceived problem goes away.

Sir VotesALot
03-19-2008, 05:46 PM
I have never encountered a Holocaust denier, either in person or on these boards.

Nice to meet you. Don't worry we're quite normal and friendly.

Friedrich Paul Berg (AKA Fritz Berg) is also registered here but has only posted once. He has a degree in engineering and has been a "holocaust denier" for many years. Watch him here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcA5NnEsTA8

notcarljung
03-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Nah. Ron Paul won't be President because:

1. He never really developed the name recognition thanks to the mainstream media. It may not have been coordinated or even intentional, but they usually referenced him as the guy who "didn't have a chance". (can't help but think of CNN's Kiran Chetry practically begging him to drop out after he raised the 6 million bucks)
2. Some of his libertarian positions turn off large numbers of the population. Most people think the drug war is working, and that entitlement programs are the only way to "help" the poor.

I think these two things sum up most of it.

VoteForRonPaul
03-20-2008, 02:41 AM
As for this story..this is EXACTLy why Ron Paul was wrong for not outright condemning the truthers and refusing their donations.
Condemn who man? Condemn the people who are seeking the truth? condemn the people who do not trust their government?
9/11 truthers are the fruits of this country believe it or not! And if you condemn them then you are a major part of the CRISIS!

Luft97
03-20-2008, 02:46 AM
I hear that rant commonly to excuse behavior of now :rolleyes:

It's okay to attack arabs because well, Americans did this and that in the past.

Also, I often hear slavery brought up to justify actions of today :rolleyes:

------(This part is not directed at your quote or to you) v

We fought our own civil war. What do you see in the news? Oh yeah you see covert racism making people fear black men, hispanics and old white men.

Blacks are pinned against hispanics in the news and that only happened after hispanics seemed more anglo.

Jews are now officially a race even though they carefully try to proxify their labels yet label everyone that doesn't agree with this war anti-semitic even thought semites aren't just for Jews but also arabs and their culture as well as Persians.

Then the holocaust is brought up. Okay well, you want my sympathy?? Quit acting like guilt trip morons, quit hiding behind your stupid attempts of speech suppression because you can't handle criticism while you criticize everyone else and label them racists.

Why do jews that are pale claim they hate white people? Your skin is white, you are white. White is a color not a race. I love how people manipulate others to not say such things about their own group but will do the same.

Also, if jewish people want my sympathy for the holocaust, why don't Israel jews and supporters of Zion quit doing what Hitler did to them onto Palestinians.

That was then and this is now. For some reason alot of supports of Israel's decision to wipe away arabs really want people to keep silent about their disdain and also tell people what America's constitution means to suit their own agenda naturally and keep racism alive as well as guilt.

Germans were guilt tripped too. If you live in the past you'll stay there but some people who aren't really racist would like to move on yet these past dwellers won't allow that to happen and it's all about mental control and manipulation using guilt and suppression.

I don't care what I am labelled as a result because I can guarantee you that the people who do that do so because they are manipulative dickheads.

Good post. :)

Peace&Freedom
03-20-2008, 02:50 AM
Nah. Ron Paul won't be President because:

1. He never really developed the name recognition thanks to the mainstream media. It may not have been coordinated or even intentional, but they usually referenced him as the guy who "didn't have a chance". (can't help but think of CNN's Kiran Chetry practically begging him to drop out after he raised the 6 million bucks)
2. Some of his libertarian positions turn off large numbers of the population. Most people think the drug war is working, and that entitlement programs are the only way to "help" the poor.

I think these two things sum up most of it.

1. IT WAS DEFINITELY INTENTIONAL. Did any anchor ever beg Huckabee or Thompson to quit in the face of successful fundraising? Did they overtly call any other non-front tier candidate someone who didn't have a chance? Was any other candidate left out of as many GOP polls throughout 2007 as Paul was?

2. Paul didn't emphasize libertarian positions on drugs and welfare, instead stressing the the war, the Fed, IRS, and civil liberties. There are positions he should have more fully embraced, such as 9/11 truth, that would have resonated with large segments of the public and diffused the "but they did it to us" emotionalism underlying the war on terror. Conservatively, about half the movement supports 9/11 truth (see below thread), so it was a mistake to spurn such a widespread concern of his supporters. It was his ambivalence, and later distancing from 9/11 that helped divide the revolution and deflate his support:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=122416&highlight=truth+poll

diesirae
03-25-2008, 10:36 PM
FYI it's not an article; it's a letter to the editor.

ftsmallwood
03-26-2008, 12:43 AM
Who owns the lease to the World Trade Center for the next 99 years? Why would anyone have EVER even considered rebuilding on that site? Can't we all admit that Zionism is bad? Or like the ADL and Wolf Blitzer do you consider me an anti-semite for taking that position? If that is the case WHEN are we going to give the US back to the "Indians"?

You hide behind Zionism as a code word for anti-semitism. I am a Zionist why do you call me bad? What is wrong with my Zionism? What do you want to do with us Zionists? Round us up and gas us or just deport us to Israel or Aushwitz.

ftsmallwood
03-26-2008, 01:07 AM
1. IT WAS DEFINITELY INTENTIONAL. Did any anchor ever beg Huckabee or Thompson to quit in the face of successful fundraising? Did they overtly call any other non-front tier candidate someone who didn't have a chance? Was any other candidate left out of as many GOP polls throughout 2007 as Paul was?

2. Paul didn't emphasize libertarian positions on drugs and welfare, instead stressing the the war, the Fed, IRS, and civil liberties. There are positions he should have more fully embraced, such as 9/11 truth, that would have resonated with large segments of the public and diffused the "but they did it to us" emotionalism underlying the war on terror. Conservatively, about half the movement supports 9/11 truth (see below thread), so it was a mistake to spurn such a widespread concern of his supporters. It was his ambivalence, and later distancing from 9/11 that helped divide the revolution and deflate his support:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=122416&highlight=truth+poll

People such as yourself claim widespread support for your pet projects, such as 911 truth. Ron Paul doesn't support your view, period. He doesn't change his positions to match your wishes. He just doesn't believe your theories. You don't help the campaign by inserting your pet project into it. Most of us RP supporters and the general public, just don't buy it, regardless. That's why the media used the issue to ridicule us. You 911 truthers didn't care, you enjoyed making our candidate into a laughing stock for your project. Who cares about the campaign, I got my pet project on national TV. Great job!! helping Ron Paul go down in history without winning, and making RP and us look like a bunch of kooks.

Oh no, you're wrong, we could have done so much better, if we would have pushed this issue that we don't believe in? Any other issues, you wish the good doctor would have supported, that he doesn't believe in?

Yes, that's the problem kooky people can't even see, we were the deer in the headlights, they ran us right off the road by telling the public, we are kooky, just like you. So, when you lose, the kooks say, you see that, if we had just used our kooky issue, we would have done better or won. Yo'all kooks lack common sense. In a political campaign, you keep your kooky ideas to yourself. As a libertarian "kook" I didn't run around campaigning on getting rid of public schools, public roads and drivers licenses? Why, because the public isn't going to buy those ideas right now. If I or we or us libertarian "kooks" pushed these ideas, I would have hurt not helped the campaign. So, I kept silent the whole campaign about my "kooky" ideas. That is just plain common sense. After the campaign has passed, I don't complain, if we had just campaigned on my "kooky" ideas, we would have won. Why don't you 911 truthers, join the real world? Instead of imagining that everyone supports your "kooky" idea? But, that's why others, including myself call you truthers "kooky", because you don't even understand that not even most RP supporters, can buy your 911 truth ideas. Once you understand that your ideas are viewed as "kooky" you just shut up, at least that's what us libertarian kooks decided, but not you 911 kooks, you ran around the whole campaign trying to convert other RP supporters into fellow kooks and the public to your own pet cause.

Ron Paul set the important issues that he wanted to run on, leaving out the lesser "kooky" ideas. Abolishing the IRS and withdrawing the troops, isn't that radical enough for the public. What more did you want from the man? He was fighting against 200 years of statism, but 911 truth would have won the day. You can't get much more "kooky" than that.

HollyforRP
03-26-2008, 05:10 AM
Was 9-11 an outside job?

What do you think of this theory?

http://iamthewitness.com/DarylBradfordSmith_ZionSummary.html

GigiBowman
03-26-2008, 06:10 AM
If Ron Paul had McCain's supporters he would have the nomination lol

Do you know I have not met one person who actually voted for McCain? How did he win the nomination anyway? hmmmmmmm Perhaps it was "written in the stars"

Or is it that Ron Paul supporters are thinkers

John McCain Supporters are sheep

Sheep who are told what to do......by Rush Limbaugh lol

What a sad sad world when the thinker is persecuted and labeled by his own people for not conforming......

I guess what amazes me most are the actual NON-THINKERS who support Ron Paul......are you sure you are in the right place? How did you get out of line with the rest of the sheep? Did someone leave the gate open again? :eek:

constituent
03-26-2008, 06:35 AM
You hide behind Zionism as a code word for anti-semitism. I am a Zionist why do you call me bad? What is wrong with my Zionism? What do you want to do with us Zionists? Round us up and gas us or just deport us to Israel or Aushwitz.

dumbest post of the year award.

in this post, you do exactly as the member in question said that you would.

think, please.

sratiug
03-26-2008, 05:50 PM

I believe that Zionism is responsible for about a hundred years of war. I hide behind nothing. I say Zionism is racism. And being anti-Zionist is to be anti-racist.

I hate Christian Zionists as much as Jewish Zionists. And I believe the old testament is racist, too. So that includes all Jews, Christians, and Muslims I think. Now you know how I really feel.

Stealing land based on race is racist. Let's give America back to the Native Americans before we worry about imposing justice on other people across the ocean.

By the way, I hate NAZIs, communists and bankers, too.

sadunkal
04-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Was 9-11 an outside job?

What do you think of this theory?

http://iamthewitness.com/DarylBradfordSmith_ZionSummary.html

I think this is the most important thing to know today on our planet. I've been researching all kinds of conspiracy theories for some time now. And Zionism answers all questions. Even the ones that I never asked.

Athan
04-09-2008, 04:38 PM
The thing about the Truthers.. is they have a completely different agenda than ours but at the end of the day we both want the same thing. Ron Paul to be elected.

So squabbling and dividing does nothing. We simply need to have an understanding. We are for Ron Paul. They can do whatever the hell they want as long as they don't tie what they do as campaign positions of Ron Paul. Everything else is something to squabble about AFTER WE HAVE KICKED THE FUCKING MSM, NEOCONS, AND DEMOCRATS ASSES!!!

Focus on the ball guys.

Peace&Freedom
04-10-2008, 07:51 AM
The thing about the Truthers.. is they have a completely different agenda than ours but at the end of the day we both want the same thing. Ron Paul to be elected.

So squabbling and dividing does nothing. We simply need to have an understanding. We are for Ron Paul. They can do whatever the hell they want as long as they don't tie what they do as campaign positions of Ron Paul. Everything else is something to squabble about AFTER WE HAVE KICKED THE FUCKING MSM, NEOCONS, AND DEMOCRATS ASSES!!!

Focus on the ball guys.

You can't kick the enemy and get our constitutional ball back, so long as you don't take down their gigantic emotional shield. We keep squabbling because mostly ignoring the 9-11 elephant in the room deeply hurt Paul's campaign. Unless that major error is understood and corrected, the movement may go on failing. I documented, with poll numbers, the wide agreement of Paul supporters (and the general public) with 9-11 truth in the prior post, and Paul's own agreement with many of these concerns (in his words, from the transcript) is cited below. The agenda IS basically the same, period, so let's accept that documented fact and move forward:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=132026

Danke
04-11-2008, 06:41 AM
dumbest post of the year award.

in this post, you do exactly as the member in question said that you would.

think, please.

1+