PDA

View Full Version : Should I distribute anti-McCain flyers before County Convention?

RPTXState
03-15-2008, 08:32 PM
I'm headed to the Hays County, Texas Convention on the 29th. I'm working on putting together resolutions for our RP groups here. One of them is an anti-McCain resolution, that I think is important to pass, even if it's only symbolic.

Question is, should I distribute anti-McCain flyers before the convention starts as poeple enter, in order to get them thinking? Or copies of the Resolution itself? Or a full anti-McCain and pro-Paul packet? Or nothing?

This is assuming that there are no rules against this, and that my printing supplies are limitless (they nearly are).

Mr. White
03-15-2008, 08:37 PM
A symbolic anti mccain resolution printout may be good, but for gods sake don't tie it or yourself to paul when handing it out. a seperate person with whom you have no connection handing out rp stuff would be a nice compliment.

nullvalu
03-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Heck yeah, why not. But I guess it depends on who you want to "befriend" within your GOP and what their opinions are. You know, it depends on what kind of infrastructure is already set up in your county and what your plans are to improve it. Maybe you don't want to step on too many feet. It's up to you to feel out your situation.

Zera
03-15-2008, 08:39 PM
I don't see how it would hurt, BUT!!!!

BUT!!!

Don't do it yourself. Get a friend or something, and do not seem like you are associated at all with the friend. And, never say you are a Paul supporter. The GOP caught onto us in recent times, and we don't need them trying to foil our honest attempts.

Kotin
03-15-2008, 08:40 PM
hey man i am also a delegate to the Hays County convention..

precinct 315.

what about you?

and how are things looking for us?

ItsTime
03-15-2008, 08:40 PM
do not let them know who you are! read the other threads on how Ron Paul might win MO!!!

DO NOT LET ANYONE KNOW WHO YOU ARE A DELEGATE FOR!!!

RPTXState
03-15-2008, 08:45 PM
hey man i am also a delegate to the Hays County convention..

precinct 315.

what about you?

and how are things looking for us?

Precinct 334 here. We sent 7 delegates (all RP). I don't know all the details. Ask Craig Young (Our new Republican Party Chairman for Hays County) :D:D

Phantom
03-15-2008, 08:45 PM
RPTXState, if I were you, I would talk to derby who is posting in the Missouri Caucus Results (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=128628) thread.

The way his group organised was awesome.

RPTXState
03-15-2008, 08:58 PM
There are a few county delegates with no intention of going to State Convention (Texas is a large State). I will be conserving with one who will likely distribute these for me.

Kotin
03-15-2008, 09:40 PM
thats great!!