PDA

View Full Version : I need YOUR input...please vote for your preference

BLS
08-18-2007, 10:22 AM
MDH (member here) and I are working on a project for ALL RP Supporters across the world. (Although MDH is doing most of the work)

We are going to setup a FREE email server, hosted overseas and managed by MDH and myself (in an administrator role only).

We would like to find a way to give everyone who wants one, a free email address to share RP related information, without having to use your work or home email. RP related information only. It will be a way to collaberate with all other RP supporters.

We need input on the domain name:

Please vote for the one you like best.

nullvalu
08-18-2007, 10:35 AM
how about

rpmail.com or ronpaulmail.com

EDIT: LOL - i like ronpaulspammers.com but i'd be afraid the addresses would be blocked by spam detectors.. :(

Razmear
08-18-2007, 10:38 AM
postal4paul.com ?

AdamT
08-18-2007, 10:38 AM
ronpaulrevolution.com

BLS
08-18-2007, 10:42 AM
BUMP...sorry..took me a while to get the poll ready

nullvalu
08-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Not sure what stage you guys are at, but I have an account with 1and1.com and have close to 500 addresses left.. (& could always get more if needed)

if you don't have a provider yet, you can use mine. The mailboxes offer webmail, POP or IMAP access with SMTP authentication, as well as built-in spam and virus protection.

EDIT: PM me if interested, I can set up an admin login for you into my account at 1and1 for you to use.

BLS
08-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Oh, he's got a provider. It's HIS server. He's got ridiculous bandwidth, and supposedly is very secure, so we don't have to worry about getting hacked or brought down. Plus the user count is endless.

nullvalu
08-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Oh, he's got a provider. It's HIS server. He's got ridiculous bandwidth, and supposedly is very secure, so we don't have to worry about getting hacked or brought down. Plus the user count is endless.

That's cool. Just wanted to offer it.. I've been using 1and1 for several years now and their service is really astounding... They're cheap and I've never had a problem (i've got about 5 domains with them now)..

I've hosted my own mail server before moving to them.. It was a constant headache.. every day it's an uphill battle against spammers, server crashes, having pissed off people if their mailbox gets wiped.. it just wasn't worth it anymore so now i outsource it.. :D

BLS
08-18-2007, 10:54 AM
That's cool. Just wanted to offer it.. I've been using 1and1 for several years now and their service is really astounding... They're cheap and I've never had a problem (i've got about 5 domains with them now)..

I've hosted my own mail server before moving to them.. It was a constant headache.. every day it's an uphill battle against spammers, server crashes, having pissed off people if their mailbox gets wiped.. it just wasn't worth it anymore so now i outsource it.. :D

No, don't get me wrong. I really appreciate the offer.
MDH insists he is adequately prepared for all contingencies.

And I hear ya...it can be a royal pain.

Spirit of '76
08-18-2007, 11:07 AM
I like takingourcountryback.com!

BLS
08-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Please Everyone...tell Everyone Who Is A Supporter About This.
We Plan On Giving An Email Address To Everyone. Let Your Local Meetups Know.

mdh
08-18-2007, 11:27 AM

Server crashes? Mailboxes getting wiped? Ouch... you must've been using a microsoft platform. :p

One of the groups I work with use 1and1 and has a shared hosting account with them, which they pay more for than I pay for my dedicated server... the service is fine, but that is kinda silly on the expensive side of things...

Spirit of '76
08-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Server crashes? Mailboxes getting wiped? Ouch... you must've been using a microsoft platform. :p

One of the groups I work with use 1and1 and has a shared hosting account with them, which they pay more for than I pay for my dedicated server... the service is fine, but that is kinda silly on the expensive side of things...

Yeah, yeah. Hit the ROAD, buddy! :p

I'm heading out the door myself right now. :D

mdh
08-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Yeah, yeah. Hit the ROAD, buddy! :p

I'm heading out the door myself right now. :D

I already hit the road... it hit back... sent you an email, argh...

Spirit of '76
08-18-2007, 02:30 PM
I already hit the road... it hit back... sent you an email, argh...

Crappy. We had a nice little meetup.

Check your mail.

Oh, yeah: *bump*

lintsniffer
08-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Are you giving them out yet?

Man from La Mancha
08-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Why 238 views at this time and only 74 can make a decision in an uncontroversial topic to help out someone. Amazing

UtahApocalypse
08-18-2007, 03:40 PM
ronpaulrevolution.com

I second this

Razmear
08-18-2007, 03:43 PM
doesn't matter to me, just make sure Ron Paul is in the subject header so they get filtered into the right folder in my inbox.
I'll take eb@whatevernameyouchoose.com and you can forward it to eb@anyofmy20orsodomainnames.com

eb

mdh
08-18-2007, 04:24 PM
ronpaulrevolution.com is actually taken... unless David Gallagher would like to donate it to our cause, we won't be able to use that one.

McDermit
08-18-2007, 04:41 PM
rp08.com!

mdh
08-18-2007, 04:45 PM
rp08.com!

Also already owned. Looks like they will sell it for $255. In my opinion, too ambiguous to be worth that amount. Google gives loving pagerank++ to sites with words in the domain name portion of the URL.

BLS
08-18-2007, 11:04 PM
bump for the night walkers.

mdh
08-19-2007, 03:52 PM
One last bump before we get cracking.