PDA

View Full Version : Caucus Outcome for Douglas County

Suzu
03-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Ron Paul people outnumbered everyone else by about 5:1 and we got everything we wanted. All our delegates and alternates are for Ron Paul and we passed every platform amendment we wanted and voted to unbind Missouri's delegates. In short, we RULED.

:D :D :D :D :D

4RP08inKCMO
03-15-2008, 12:45 PM
I wish I could say the same about Platte County. We would have had the majority, but the "regulars" realized there was a good number of Ron Paul supporters there and at the last minute they started calling more of their people to show up. So all the Ron Paul people were there before ten o'clock but they continued letting people into the caucus and we ended up being outnumbered by about seven people. We only got two amendments passed before the majority voted to close the floor to any more proposals. :(

Cowlesy
03-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Ron Paul people outnumbered everyone else by about 5:1 and we got everything we wanted. All our delegates and alternates are for Ron Paul and we passed every platform amendment we wanted and voted to unbind Missouri's delegates. In short, we RULED.

:D :D :D :D :D

AWESOME, grEAAAT WORK!

pepperpete1
03-15-2008, 12:54 PM
I just hate it when the standing GOP at whatever level can break the rules and get away with it! Didn't I read that the doors were to be closed to the caucus at 10 o'clock?
We all know what would have happened if those late comers were RP people.
Good effort people. Keep on Keepin' on.

Banana
03-15-2008, 01:01 PM
I wish I could say the same about Platte County. We would have had the majority, but the "regulars" realized there was a good number of Ron Paul supporters there and at the last minute they started calling more of their people to show up. So all the Ron Paul people were there before ten o'clock but they continued letting people into the caucus and we ended up being outnumbered by about seven people. We only got two amendments passed before the majority voted to close the floor to any more proposals. :(

You should go to the next convention, and get a delegate to put forward a resolution to censure this precinct's breaking the rules and do something about it.

For others that doesn't have precinct have, you can stop any rule breaking by doing this:

1) Call point of inquiry to inquire about the rule, get the chair to admit that the rule is being broken and should be enforced.

2) If the chair refuse to enforce the rule or admit that there is such rule, you can then challenge the chair's decision, which brings a vote on chair's decision before the assembly.

3) In case where you do not have the majority, do it anyway and get it recorded on the minutes, then go on to the next convention to bring the attention of infraction in the convention. You will have to check with your state party's rules to see how would they deal with such infractions and follow those rules.

4RP08inKCMO
03-15-2008, 01:11 PM
They tried to justify it by not allowing anyone else to get in line after ten, but the doors were still kept opened and several people were allowed into the caucus after ten o'clock.

MrHellebusch
03-15-2008, 01:14 PM

It went somewhat similar in Boone county, except we passed about 10 amendments. The big loss came at the end though, where the amendment to change the allocation of delegates failed. Overall, we did pretty well... we had 55 delegate slots here, and exactly 55 people that signed up to be delegates, so there was no voting and everyone who signed up became a delegate. Of those 55 approximately half were RP folks.

4RP08inKCMO
03-15-2008, 01:36 PM
The opposition had a full slate of 34 delegates and 34 alternates in Platte, but most of the delegates listed were not even present at the caucus. We tried to rule that to be a delegate you had to be present, but they overruled us.

I forgot to mention that at the very beginning of the caucus, the committee tried to say that the gentleman organizing the Ron Paul people was not a faithful Republican and therefore did not meet the requirements to be there! Their logic was that he had donated to a Democrat candidate before. Luckily we shut them down on this issue and it was not brought up again.

WizarDave
03-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Harrison County

4 long time local Republicans got delegates.
All 4 Ron Paul supporters here got Alternates for both regional and state.

They said the platform usually is amended and such at the later meetings so we didn't even discuss it...

A local kid (low 20s) is running for Congress, thought that Ron Paul had dropped out of the race. ::: rolling eyes ::: Said he hates McCain, but will vote for him instead of Obama or Hillary...

Cowlesy
03-15-2008, 05:29 PM
You know what kills me, is that if all these "mainstream" people truly believed in Republican principles, they'd be swooning over Ron Paul.

They think he and us are a scourge on the party and somehow left-wing liberal.

It's a *bang-head-on-desk* conundrum.