PDA

View Full Version : "To Save Homeland or Empire? - The Existential Struggle of the GOP" -- AmChron.com

Spirit of '76
08-18-2007, 10:04 AM
To Save Homeland or Empire? – The Existential Struggle of the GOP

R. Kent Nowviskie
August 18, 2007

In November of 2006, the citizen-voters of the United States swept a Republican majority out of the Congress and handed dominance of that august body over to the party of the Democrats. In one fell swoop, the GOP, which had been riding high on having a Commander in Chief in the White House and a majority in both houses of Congress, found themselves suddenly under the sway of a Democratic majority.

It is unlikely that this election was fought over social policy, as a number of the Democrats taking seats from incumbent Republicans were socially conservative or “Blue Dog” Democrats, like Virginia’s Jim Webb, whose narrow slide into the Senate tilted that house's balance toward the Dems by one vote. It is fairly clear that people weren’t looking for moral leadership from the Democrats. So on what issue was this election decided?

Read the rest @ http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=35398

klamath
08-18-2007, 10:42 AM
I couldn't agree more. Great article.

CurtisLow
08-18-2007, 10:47 AM
To save Homeland or Empire? Which shall it be? This is the crossroads at which the Republican Party finds itself. Let us hope they choose the right path.

Let's just not hope, Lets help make it happen!

Spirit of '76
08-18-2007, 11:05 AM
I couldn't agree more. Great article.

Thanks. :)

Let's just not hope, Lets help make it happen!

Absolutely!

Hurricane Bruiser
08-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Great article to forward via email to everyone in your address book.

Wyurm
08-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Thanks. :)

Absolutely!

You taking on that insane writer at American Chronicle has been awsome for the campaign. You did, as usual, an awsome job with this article :)

Spirit of '76
08-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Thanks. :D That guy Sumcad is insane, but you're right: He got us our foot in the door, and I don't think we have to worry about him anymore. :cool:

You know, if someone wanted to digg this article, I sure wouldn't mind. ;)

torchbearer
08-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Digg here: http://digg.com/political_opinion/To_Save_Homeland_or_Empire_n_The_Existential_Strug gle_of_the_GOP

Spirit of '76
08-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Thanks, Torch! :D

Spirit of '76
08-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Ain't too proud to bump... :cool: