PDA

View Full Version : Can we get rid of this sort of crap?

CGeoffrion
03-15-2008, 02:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJenFWD6Sng&feature=related

Michael Moore is in no way related to our goal, he's just causing drama to manipulate a stupid public into giving him attention. I think people see him do things like that, and then agree with his actual ideals and agenda without really looking into it, furthering his profits and this habit. I dunno, what do you guys think of Moore?

Kludge
03-15-2008, 02:03 AM
That fat SoB with a camera won an Oscar...?

idiom
03-15-2008, 02:14 AM
Mostly his movies are rants against being sheeple. Thats pretty legit.

kpitcher
03-15-2008, 02:23 AM
His early stuff wasn't so bad. If you've ever spent any time in Flint, getting someone to hound the auto industry ala Roger and Me to try to get some straight talk is good.

Also I think the point he made in bowling for columbine was apt - blaming guns, the media, music, etc for some people going mental is simply plain wrong. You might as well blame the bowling class the columbine kids had that morning for setting them off.

The amusing part of Fahrenheit 911 was when elected officials said they never read the full text of the patriot act, it was too long. Showing our hard working officials at work!

I'm glad he's had a decent career by pointing out some glaring issues and getting an audience to watch and at least think about them. Even if you don't agree with his perspective or his attention seeking spectacles, it's all too rare to get most people to just think for a few minutes on important issues.

familydog
03-15-2008, 08:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJenFWD6Sng&feature=related

Michael Moore is in no way related to our goal, he's just causing drama to manipulate a stupid public into giving him attention. I think people see him do things like that, and then agree with his actual ideals and agenda without really looking into it, furthering his profits and this habit. I dunno, what do you guys think of Moore?

Yes. Michael Moore is looking out for Michael Moore. I saw him speak once, before the 2004 election, and he promoted himself more than any of his ideals. He's too much of a partisan to be of any use to this movement.