PDA

View Full Version : I have a great idea

BLS
08-18-2007, 09:45 AM
One thing I realized this morning was that when an military man or woman, active or retired, speaks up, people will listen to them, and are carried in a bit of a higher regard.

Maybe it's because they likely have fought in a war, or that they are a servant to the country. But to me, I always have utmost respect for military folk.

That being said, it sure seems military folk are big Ron Paul supporters.
So, that being said....wouldn't a youtube consistently filled with interviews of military personel stating why they agree with Ron Paul be a great way to break through to those war mongering NeoCons?

jj111
08-18-2007, 09:48 AM
That is a great idea.

There was talk about starting a "Veterans for Ron Paul" organization. I don't know if that was followed through.

Are active military ALLOWED to express their political opinions and choice for President on video, or is that against military code?

Cowlesy
08-18-2007, 09:49 AM
A lot of people really like the idea of a serious payhike for military personnel, something I think Ron Paul should get behind bigtime.

Ozwest
08-18-2007, 09:55 AM
I am 49 years old. Iwas raised in America until the age of 23. Australia is now my oe. My 47 year old brother is a U.S. citizen and lives in New Mexico.

Spirit of '76
08-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Are active military ALLOWED to express their political opinions and choice for President on video, or is that against military code?

I'm not an expert on the UCMJ, but as far as I know there's nothing in there that prevents anyone from endorsing a candidate, so long as they don't badmouth the current Commander in Chief or use their rank/position to influence junior personnel.

LibertyEagle
08-18-2007, 09:59 AM
That is a great idea.

There was talk about starting a "Veterans for Ron Paul" organization. I don't know if that was followed through.

There are a couple of them, but I'm not sure that anyone is actively approaching veterans to get them to signup. And remember, we are missing a huge portion of the voting public, by acting like all Americans live their lives on the internet. But, I agree, if we could round up these supporters and spread Dr. Paul's message to others, this would be an extremely good force for the campaign.

Any ideas of how we can do that?

BLS
08-18-2007, 10:04 AM
There are a couple of them, but I'm not sure that anyone is actively approaching veterans to get them to signup. And remember, we are missing a huge portion of the voting public, by acting like all Americans live their lives on the internet. But, I agree, if we could round up these supporters and spread Dr. Paul's message to others, this would be an extremely good force for the campaign.

Any ideas of how we can do that?

I was thinking that if we can find a RP supporter in a Military town, he/she could interview people, discuss who they support and talk about RP on video.

I live near St. Paul, and there's not much here for Military bases. There's a small Air Force base here, but that's about it. I have a few friends and family members who are ex military, so I could start there. Maybe we could just do a compilation and let Aravoth do his thing and make a couple youtubes with that data.

jj111
08-18-2007, 10:33 AM
I do not know of any Ron Paul military organization yet. Does anyone know of one?

In the meantime, I have created a new Google group called Military for Ron Paul. This is a bulletin board for active US military as well as veterans who support Ron Paul for President 2008.

Here is the info:

Military for Ron Paul Google Group

Current web address:
http://groups.google.com/group/military-for-ron-paul

Current email address:
military-for-ron-paul@googlegroups.com

Feel free to spread the info about the new group far and wide.

BLS
08-18-2007, 10:43 AM
I do not know of any Ron Paul military organization yet. Does anyone know of one?

In the meantime, I have created a new Google group called Military for Ron Paul. This is a bulletin board for active US military as well as veterans who support Ron Paul for President 2008.

Here is the info:

Military for Ron Paul Google Group

Current web address:
http://groups.google.com/group/military-for-ron-paul

Current email address:
military-for-ron-paul@googlegroups.com

Feel free to spread the info about the new group far and wide.

Joined. Good Work.

DeadheadForPaul
08-18-2007, 10:48 AM
We had John in the chat/on the radio last night who was a Marine who served in Iraq. He was very well-spoken and he should definitely be involved. There are also 1 or 2 "military for paul", "vets for paul", etc that we could contact

BLS
08-18-2007, 10:52 AM
We had John in the chat/on the radio last night who was a Marine who served in Iraq. He was very well-spoken and he should definitely be involved. There are also 1 or 2 "military for paul", "vets for paul", etc that we could contact

Can you contact him and ask him to join the google group created above (3 posts up I believe)?

RP08
08-18-2007, 12:03 PM
I am 49 years old. Iwas raised in America until the age of 23. Australia is now my oe. My 47 year old brother is a U.S. citizen and lives in New Mexico.

Here's a 'welcome to the Ron Paul Forums' from another guy in New Mexico.

Ozwest
08-18-2007, 01:45 PM
I am 49 years old. Iwas raised in America until the age of 23. Australia is now my home. My 47 year old brother is a U.S. citizen and lives in New Mexico. Having having become aware of this forum recently, (my first blog? Ever!) I am inspired by the enthusiam of its contributors. For two days I intently watched the Iowa full page add come together. Better than any Mitt Romney sponsered marketing program could ever achieve. It was ground breaking stuff and I believe the construction of this amazing add and the dialogue preceeding it will be a part of internet/political/advertising history. As I am an Aussie (I still know the pledge of allegience by heart),you may wonder as to my concern for the U.S. elections? I can vote for the new Prime Minister of Australia(and I will) but it will mean Diddly Squat! You are the lucky ones! A truly honest and untouched Presidential candidate. Itwill be a long time coming before a person of this calibre arrives again. If ever. You are also the un-lucky ones. Whilst the media repeats mantra-like that America is above all other nations and a beacon to the rest of the world - The rest of the world knows better. America is becomming a fascist country. WHAT HAPPENED. I may be an Australian but god damn I still love America. Everyday I search the Ron Paul sites. I am a Ron Paul junkie! Ron Paul is the Man! But he a'int go'in nowhere without you. Do everything you need to do beauracratically necessary to ensure Ron Pauls election. Then,dont go step on toes. CRUSH THEM!!! Ron Paul Revolution!!! P.S. First time doing this not sure how to do ANYTHING next.Sorry.