PDA

View Full Version : so whatever happened at the anti - REAL ID rally in PA?

Jeremy
03-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Can someone who went tell us what happened and such... like on turnout... and any pics/vids?

robert4rp08
03-14-2008, 09:33 PM
Around 80 people showed up. Impressive considering there was absolutely no press release or media attention. They also held it during both U Pitt and CMU's spring break... convenient, huh? The committee chair must've been impressed because he kept taking pictures of the crowd. In the first hour, each of the 3 members of the panel gave an opening statement. In the second hour, there was a Q&A, which was lively to say the least. After the official hearing, Aaron Bolinger held a press conference. Video is currently being edited. It should be released within the next few days hopefully. To hold you over until then, here's some pics. (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1834/photos/?photoAlbumId=314681&photoId=3473975)

Jeremy
03-14-2008, 09:40 PM
looks great! cant wait for the vid

humanic
03-14-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm actually watching/capturing the video from my camera to my computer right now. It's going to take a while to transfer everything and edit it (days, maybe longer). Between the hearings and the press conferences I got nearly 3 hours of footage. As soon as I finish I will definitely post a link on here.

Their "panel" consisted of a guy from the National Conference of State Legislators, a guy from PennDOT, and a guy from the Coalition for a Secure Driver's License who got angry and yelled at the audience for not accepting his sales pitch for Real ID. At times people in the audience laughed out loud at their scare tactics. Not one person outside of the panel spoke out in favor of Real ID; once it was opened up for questions and comments from the public, it was an hour straight of passionate dissent, with many people getting strong applause and cheering after their statements.

Aaron Bolinger of the NVCCA and Restore The Republic, and who also appears in the section about PA [which begins around 7:38] in my original video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1344134382517909492&q=real+id+pittsburgh&total=8&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0) that I posted here last week, held a press conference after the event with a representative from the ACLU and another member of the NVCCA. A member of the Amish-Mennonite community also spoke against Real ID during this press conference, as did a gentleman from the Anti-NAIS coalition. I spoke with Aaron on the phone today and he felt the hearing was a success, so that was encouraging. If anyone would be able to gauge that it would have to be him.

humanic
03-14-2008, 10:51 PM
Ok I threw a couple clips together real quick into this short little teaser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hShXgJjmftE

That's just a tiny fraction of the footage, just a little something to hold you over.

soapmistress
03-14-2008, 10:58 PM
oh wow

Soccrmastr
03-14-2008, 11:42 PM
Around 80 people showed up. Impressive considering there was absolutely no press release or media attention. They also held it during both U Pitt and CMU's spring break... convenient, huh? The committee chair must've been impressed because he kept taking pictures of the crowd. In the first hour, each of the 3 members of the panel gave an opening statement. In the second hour, there was a Q&A, which was lively to say the least. After the official hearing, Aaron Bolinger held a press conference. Video is currently being edited. It should be released within the next few days hopefully. To hold you over until then, here's some pics. (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1834/photos/?photoAlbumId=314681&photoId=3473975)

Nice, looks like it was a very good event. Everyone attending any political/government/party event should also make sure others know somehow they're ron paul supporters. Looks like you guys did which was good.

amy31416
03-15-2008, 06:54 AM
Wow, there were Amish people there, how'd you guys get the message out to them?

OptionsTrader
03-15-2008, 06:58 AM
so whatever happened at the anti - REAL ID rally in PA?

Will I be sent to the FEMA camps if I am caught with an anti - real ID? :eek:

123tim
03-15-2008, 07:22 AM
Wow, there were Amish people there, how'd you guys get the message out to them?

From what I saw in the video I think that they're actually mennonites.

I asked one about Ron Paul the other day he seemed really interested. I think that if they knew more about what was happening (they know a lot, but how could they possibly be aware to the level that we are?) they would be huge supporters.

amy31416
03-15-2008, 07:52 AM
From what I saw in the video I think that they're actually mennonites.

I asked one about Ron Paul the other day he seemed really interested. I think that if they knew more about what was happening (they know a lot, but how could they possibly be aware to the level that we are?) they would be huge supporters.

Honestly, I'm not really sure what the difference is between Amish and Mennonites, but I found it very interesting that they were there. I have this notion, and I think I may be correct, that they are definitely the "leave me alone" types and would be open to Ron Paul's message.

robert4rp08
03-15-2008, 08:16 AM
Honestly, I'm not really sure what the difference is between Amish and Mennonites, but I found it very interesting that they were there. I have this notion, and I think I may be correct, that they are definitely the "leave me alone" types and would be open to Ron Paul's message.

PennDOT is refusing to issue them driver's licenses because they do not have social security numbers!

humanic
03-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Here is the letter Aaron Bolinger sent out today about the hearings:

WACKY DAY IN PITTSBURGH!

NOTES: Updated (with new sponsors) spreadsheet attached.
My testimony from the 'hearing' is also attached in PDF.

One of the more wacky 'hearings' in memory took place Thurs. In Pitt. I was amazed by the turnout from the public! Despite the mission of these hearings being to 'inform the public' about Real ID (not true 'hearings' and certainly not considering our 1351 legislation), not a single MSM TV crew, newspaper or network saw fit to help 'inform' the rest of the public about how strong the sentiment is against Real ID. (No worries, three alternative media video cameras shot the whole party, and it will be available soon! Rep. Marshall also saw what is going on, and I trust he will help get the word out to his colleagues.)

Saylor, Freeman, Waters and MARSHALL have now signed on to the bill against Real ID (HB 1351)! Marshall was at the hearing, and saw the anger in the public!

There were so many people, University of Pittsburgh (UP) staff had to rush in more seating. In fact, they had to more than double the chairs originally allocated, & it was still standing room only!

Many of those present brought signs against Real ID. It looked more like a rally we organized than anything desired by IGA Chairman W. Curtis Thomas. Indeed, the only people present in favor of Real ID were the three hand-picked panelists presenting establishment propaganda.
Now for the FUN stuff. A high school group, accompanied by their teacher, was present. I think they were invited by Rep. Thomas, and perhaps he thought they would be supportive of the tougher ID standards. Instead, the first to question the panel and speak, a young lady, drilled them about how to possibly keep all this information safe. Apparently being more computer savvy than expected, and knowing how easy it is for hackers to steal data, she tore into them with questions befitting a member of the patriot network. Others from that group did similarly, over the course of the meeting.

At the end, Thomas offered a $100 scholarship to the two students who wrote the best essay, pro and con, on Real ID. So, I thought I would help the teacher, and handed her a copy of my testimony. Now they have some substance to dig into, as this debate will surely rage through that schoolhouse!

More fun and games came from nearly everyone who spoke. One woman inquired about who is exactly making all the money from Real ID, and how much money is being spent. I opened a suitcase with a number in it: $45,500,000, and spun a circle, showing it to the room. People all over the ball room were laughing and shouting 'Deal or No Deal!' to the theatrics.

Chairman Thomas reached for a gavel (but didn’t have one ~hehehe~) then he banged his hand on the table in an attempt to quiet the masses.

Only two members of a 29 member state committee saw fit to show up. Rep. Thomas, and Rep. Marshall. THAT’S IT! I detect a SERIOUS letter writing/phone call campaign coming asking the other members of this committee where exactly they were! After all, they NEED TO SEE PUBLIC SENTIMENT! Guess it wasn’t important enough to them.

As for the media, we are going to make sure they don’t get away with their hiding from reality. Three cameras were present as we did our own, and first ever, 'Alternative Media Press Conference.'

Pam Irwin of the ACLU, Jim Compton, Lee Cornell (anti-NAIS coalition partner), and a few others took turns with political analysis on the day’s events, and other strategy.

A member of the Lancaster Amish community traveled all the way to Pittsburgh to get out his message: How PennDOT is violating existing state law by refusing to issue driver’s licenses to those legitimate American citizens who DO NOT HAVE SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS!

This is the FIRST time we know of where a member of this community, engaged in a family battle over the right to travel/drive, has come public with the story. He gave the story to the IGA committee in Philly, then brought it here to make sure it gets attention. There is NO GOOD REASON to deny ANY American a basic right, simply because they REFUSE, for matters of conscience and their theology, to partake of any federal program!

This has also sprouted (if we water it) the seed on which the 'empire' is at its most venerable. Remember in the Russo movie, the 'Show me the law' theme? There is NO DIFFERENCE in this case! In fact there are TWO possible questions coming from this, which, if properly raised, can collapse the 'legal fiction' on which two empires are built (one state, and one federal).

SHOW ME THE LAW that requires a person born in this nation to HAVE a Social Security Number!
Show me the law that requires a person born in this nation to request permission from the state to operate a privately owned, non-commercial motorized transportation device!

Now of course, there are MANY people who demand that number for one thing or another. (Just say 'NO' comes to mind here.) And there are many things that corporations and some people will attempt to DENY to a person who refuses to produce it on demand. There are also many laws that SEEM to require disclosure (hence, possession) of that number, and an equal number of laws placing restrictions on the use of that number for one thing or another.

But NONE of those laws actually compel a native born American to have that number in the first place. (If you want the benefits of it, of course you must have it....but are there benefits to NOT having it? 'Must' have for benefits is NOT a requirement to have it generally.)

This story has spawned a new sense of togetherness among some others in our network. Those who are READY for it (and ONLY if you are WILLING to take a very deep plunge into freedom), should come to a 'togetherness' we are working on. We are going to have a meeting shortly (location and time to be announced) to put it all together. Before this rally happens though, I want you to think these questions through CAREFULLY. Then tell us if you are 'in.'

Would you be able to live WITHOUT your Social Security Number, and/or driver’s license? Would you be able to handle encounters with the local constabulary if you were pulled over driving without a license? Would you be interested in being a party to a class-action law suit with PennDOT over their implementation of 11 of the 18 planks of Real ID? Would you be able to live without doing business with banks and corporations (this could include current employer) as a result of never again using a SSN?

At our meeting, we will discuss such things as having a public 'card burning party,' changing your name according to the biblical technique, protecting your rights if involved in a 'traffic stop,' and other components of living and working as a FREE individual, absent all those 'privileges' of doing business with the federal/state empires. If you can answer 'yes' to most or all of those questions, then come to the meeting.

Can you handle it? Honestly? Are you willing to go THAT far? If so, tell us you are 'in' for the meeting, and you will receive an invitation.

For the many new people receiving this mailing, who just met me for the first time in Pittsburgh yesterday, WELCOME to the AFTF Pennsylvania network.

Between now and our gathering, CALL THE IGA COMMITTEE members (attached spreadsheet) who were NOT in attendance at the Pittsburgh meeting, and ask them why they didn’t show! Pressure any NON-SPONSOR of HB 1351 to sign on NOW!

Also attached is my written testimony from this hearing. Feel free to USE IT for editorials and any other media coverage you can gather.

If you have a link into any Public Access TV, NOTE: alternative media from the event are producing the press conference/hearing into a 45 minute +/- production that will be suitable. If you can get any air-time, contact adam_F at alumni.pitt.edu

Where-ever you are in this Commonwealth, be ready to attend the next two Real ID events: 3-27-08 in Scranton, and 5-9-08 in Erie! Come to whichever is closest, get the word out to bring as many others as possible, and let’s have two LARGE displays of our outrage over this 'federal mandate.'

NOTE: We have several thousand flyers that can be distributed in the target areas. If you are near the Scranton or Erie areas, and want 1000+ of these, and can TRULY GET THEM INTO CIRCULATION, contact me. We will need to raise about $125 for the adhesive labels with customized info (meeting location, area legislators who need to be called).

Prepare for more action – hearings, literature drops, alternative media pieces, meetings of patriots, and a whole LOT MORE COMING FAST AT US!

More coming soon! Get on the phone to those legislators.

Aaron

molly_pitcher
03-15-2008, 04:00 PM
I wish I lived in PA. I hope this model spreads, and I hear of it in my home state.

humanic
03-15-2008, 05:31 PM
Here is another message from another member of the NVCCA:

Good morning, Volunteers,

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. I do believe that spring is just about to make the countryside a beautiful landscape with tulips and daffodils. Ours are about 2-3 inches high now.

Our hearing in Pittsburgh was absolutely great. I'd say there were somewhere between 100 to 125 folks there. Lots of video was taken and it should be on the web sometime soon. Aaron is working on an update to the hearing.

When I got home I headed down to my local municipality for the Monroe Township Supervisor's Meeting. I've attached a file which includes the "Real ID Resolution Opposing the Real ID ACT of 2005." Our Township includes a time for citizens to speak at the beginning of the meeting. I presented the resolution and explained that the Real ID Act is the result of a resolution submitted by Congressman Sensenbrenner from Wisconsin which was passed by the US House in January 2005. That resolution was then added to an appropriations bill for Tsunami relief and money for the troops. That appropriations bill was passed by the House and Senate without debate.

I then explained that the Act allows the Department of Homeland Security to mandate to the States how they will design their driver's licenses which includes a digital picture which must be convertible to a biometric image. I then explained that a biometric image is just like a fingerprint of your face and that PennDOT is violating our rights to privacy because there is no probable cause nor a witness to appear before a judge to swear or affirm that he saw someone doing an unlawful act, nor a warrant signed by a judge. We have NOT waived our right to privacy.

Next I explained that Homeland Security has mandated that the States must maintain a State motor vehicle database that contains "all data fields printed on driver's licenses and identification cards issued by the State, individual serial numbers of the card, and SSN."

Next I stated that identity theft is the fastest growing crime in the US today and that this database will be shared with all the other states, Mexico, Canada, and eventually the entire world.

I spoke with one of the Supervisors after the meeting and he indicated that the resolution will be added to the next meeting scheduled for 27 March.

The attached file is in Microsoft Word so most folks can easily change the wording to reflect your municipality. For example instead of saying "Monroe Township", someone from Carlisle, PA, would say "Borough of Carlisle."

I also printed out the legislative pages of Representative Thomas (Chair of the Intergovernmental Affairs Committee where HB 1351 is), my local representative, Representative Naylor, Senator Wonderling (Chair of the Communications and Technology Committee where SB 1220 is), and my local Senator, Senator Vance.

The pages are available on this site: http://www.legis.state.pa...

If we can get hundreds of resolutions from local governments into Harrisburg stating that they oppose Real ID, it should put pressure on the Committee Chairmen.

Let's do it! If you have any questions, please give me a call.

Yours in Liberty,

Jim Compton
717 243-9967
RTR Pennsylvania State Coordinator
http://freedomtofascism.c..., www.restoretherepublic.co...

losinglife
03-19-2008, 06:41 AM
you want to know how it went?

It was sad. Very sad. Totally honest here, i was pretty much shaking my head every time someone spoke.

You know its bad when 2 8th graders are the only people in the crowd who can STAY ON TOPIC and actually DISCUSS EXCELLENT POINTS about the realID. Everyeone else, even the few that started off with great points, went down the spiral talking about crap that had nothing to do with why the rally was being held.

Its no wonder nobody incharge listens to what the people have to say.

On that note, it was also a stacked deck in favor of the real ID and i would be money that the whole thing was just a dog and pony show.

I walked away feeling that the realID is a breath away from happening in PA.

Apathy, Ignorance, and Stupidity. That is what is letting this thing happen.

FSP-Rebel
03-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Sorry to say, PA is too big a state for a dedicated group of a hundred to make change. I like the aforementioned idea of refusing to get the ID, but then those brave few will have their backs against the wall if they get pulled over. The only way to play tough with Real ID is to move to a state that a) is small enough and b) a state that has a healthy freedom/anti-ID movement. NH and MT are the ones that come to mind. NH fits better because they have a wider array of jobs for the average guy, unlike MT. Mind you, I'm a Michigander. Things are no better for me here than for yall in PA. I'm moving to the Free State (NH) where there are plenty of people doing all sorts of things for the betterment of liberty. Lucky for the PA folks, yall will have a shorter drive then me. We all educated ourselves on RP, now it's time to realize what the best method for affecting change quickly is. Study the FSP, it won't take long before your hooked. And I don't want to hear jack about the weather.

kigol
03-19-2008, 10:23 AM
hmmm