PDA

View Full Version : Republicans Warn About Ron Paul Supporters Crashing Caucuses

amy31416
03-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Interesting that they would know about such plans...

h ttp://www.missourinet.com/gestalt/go.cfm?objectid=AFA81D15-A29C-F830-984086DE9E15930C

By Steve Walsh

Missouri Republicans hold county and local caucuses Saturday - and party leadership is warning about rumors regarding followers of former GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul.

Rumors are the Paul followers plan to flood the caucuses and will try to overturn the already established rules regarding how Missouri's delegation will vote at the National Convention in St. Paul this summer. Missouri Republican Party Executive Director Jared Craighead says this is only a rumor, but it's important to get out the word that Missouri's delegates are committed to John McCain.

Craighead says it's unfortunate that there appears to be a campaign underway to give misinformation to those attending caucuses that delegates elected at the congressional district level will be able to change the rules regarding the voting for the presidential nominee. Craighead makes it clear Missouri's delegates are bound to support the winner of the February 5th Presidential Primary - and that was Senator John McCain.

RSLudlum
03-14-2008, 06:34 PM

http://www.missourinet.com/gestalt/go.cfm?objectid=AFA81D15-A29C-F830-984086DE9E15930C

By Steve Walsh

Missouri Republicans hold county and local caucuses Saturday - and party leadership is warning about rumors regarding followers of former GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul.

Rumors are the Paul followers plan to flood the caucuses and will try to overturn the already established rules regarding how Missouri's delegation will vote at the National Convention in St. Paul this summer. Missouri Republican Party Executive Director Jared Craighead says this is only a rumor, but it's important to get out the word that Missouri's delegates are committed to John McCain.

Craighead says it's unfortunate that there appears to be a campaign underway to give misinformation to those attending caucuses that delegates elected at the congressional district level will be able to change the rules regarding the voting for the presidential nominee. Craighead makes it clear Missouri's delegates are bound to support the winner of the February 5th Presidential Primary - and that was Senator John McCain.

Yeah, there's definitely a 'misinformation campaign' going on and this is part of it as stated "former GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul."

Zera
03-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Hahaha, those idiots. We're following their own state's rules by whatever we do.

EDIT: De-link your link, so it doesn't link to here. We don't need them reading about what we're doing.

Sandra
03-14-2008, 06:43 PM
The page appears to have been removed.

runderwo
03-14-2008, 06:44 PM
This e-mail is going to be spread to rally the troops tonight.

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-14-2008, 06:47 PM

Are you kidding?
These forums a buffet of information. No matter how many
times (dozens) that I asked to keep it on the downlow or
flat out to 'STFU', people kept blabing about all of it!

...Yes, break the link.

Banana
03-14-2008, 06:47 PM
This show how important that every meetups organize to the full- we'll need every boot on the grounds.

We don't need to repeat Bossobass's meetup's mistake.

kirkblitz
03-14-2008, 06:48 PM
what a shame hes suck a idiot :(

amy31416
03-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Hahaha, those idiots. We're following their own state's rules by whatever we do.

EDIT: De-link your link, so it doesn't link to here. We don't need them reading about what we're doing.

De-linked and broken.

amy31416
03-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Are you kidding?
These forums a buffet of information. No matter how many
times (dozens) that I asked to keep it on the downlow or
flat out to 'STFU', people kept blabing about all of it!

...Yes, break the link.

I was being sarcastic, intending to inform people that they are actually watching.

amy31416
03-14-2008, 06:51 PM
This show how important that every meetups organize to the full- we'll need every boot on the grounds.

What was the mistake?

torchbearer
03-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Hey man, we're here for the cockus.
http://bp2.blogger.com/_k_MaRKCuMkQ/RyNHVmTjVZI/AAAAAAAAAXo/4SLpKxdaL1Q/s400/animalhouse19.jpg

Zera
03-14-2008, 06:53 PM

What happened there?

Banana
03-14-2008, 06:56 PM
What was the mistake?

What happened there?

Here's his thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=127500)

Read, learn and win. :)

Cowlesy
03-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Hopefully our modern Sons (& Daughters) of Liberty show-up en masse.

amy31416
03-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Here's his thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=127500)

Read, learn and win. :)

Thanks. We should be compiling information like this, both on our mistakes and successes.

Banana
03-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Hopefully our modern Sons (& Daughters) of Liberty show-up en masse.

I bet that if the coordinators and meetups circulated those email from GOP and Bossobass's story, it'd light an ass under their ass.

(WTF?!? Light a ass under their ass? On second thought, I'll leave it as it is. :D)

Cowlesy
03-14-2008, 07:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFfdB5OzlyQ

One of the best motivational tools I know of in the link above.

Matthew P.
03-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Those guys have no idea. I saw a blog about our senate district convention talking about the Ron Paul influx - saying that it didn't exist and there was no organization. That is, of course, why we took the caucuses with Ron Paul delegates.

What really raises my ire about all this is the fact that they say that they are going to be on the lookout for Ron Paul supporters to try and overturn the vote. What are they going to do? Change the rules so that you can't change the rules? That is ludicrous! If you can legally make a motion and overturn a rule then why are they opposed? It's like they think that we are doing something illegal. Who cares?! If it is legal - then they can't stop us. If they want to stop us then they will just have to have more of a showing than we do and be more willing to be involved like we are.

One last thing, and I'll be done for a bit. ;)

The sad truth is - when they post on blogs about this sort of thing it does work to some extent. They are just as bad as the MSM in the area of brainwashing the other GOPers. They tell them that Ron Paul supporters are going to be there and that they are going to try and "crash" the event. Give me a break? Crash the event? That's not going to happen, but now all the Ron Paul faithful have a bad reputation. The rest of the voting crowd has been conditioned to think that anybody who gets up and speaks about the constitution or limited government (which is constitutional, by the way) is automatically a Paul supporter and therefore should be rejected - without even thinking! I saw one blog where they said that they would automatically reject anything that was said by any known Ron Paul supporter -regardless of its veracity! What kind of convoluted thinking is that?

Is there any hope for America when this is the sad but true representation of the voting public? :eek:

RP4EVER
03-14-2008, 07:27 PM
We are hated in the realms of politics because we are the truth speakers; most people have osterich syndrom. theyd prefer to stick their ead in the sand until something bites them in the ass. By the time it happens its to late. This time Ill be able to say "We told you so"

gerryb
03-14-2008, 07:32 PM
I saw one blog where they said that they would automatically reject anything that was said by any known Ron Paul supporter -regardless of its veracity! What kind of convoluted thinking is that?

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Goldwater

Jeremy
03-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Wow... I like how they call him former candidate and how they somehow are trying to protect McCain from... somebody else? I think it's pretty obvious the author is a McCain supporter. Maybe he forgot that Ron Paul is a Republican. Oh and I'm sure he never knew that RP is the only real Republican.

slacker921
03-14-2008, 07:37 PM
.. but .. they're being bitten in the ass on a daily basis .. like this (http://youtube.com/watch?v=CHKF0hcF5hs) .. and they still believe the BS that was used to keep Paul from getting the nomination.

They forget that the neo-conservatives they are trying to protect have ruined our country.

rockandrollsouls
03-14-2008, 07:37 PM
isn't it kind of illegal for him to blatantly lie about rules set in stone?

GoPaul08
03-14-2008, 07:39 PM
I don't know why people seem to think that this is a secret, or that no one knows about the plans, or reads this site.

Matthew P.
03-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Wow... I like how they call him former candidate and how they somehow are trying to protect McCain from... somebody else? I think it's pretty obvious the author is a McCain supporter. Maybe he forgot that Ron Paul is a Republican. Oh and I'm sure he never knew that RP is the only real Republican.

True enough.

How about McCain/Hillary ticket? I'm sure America would go for that . . .

Or - a McCain/Hillary/Obama ticket - the U.S. version of the Trilateral Commission. :eek: They all stand for the same thing. It's not like the voting population is getting much in the way of options (if you buy in to the MSM's interpretation of the race - disregarding Ron Paul!).

Banana
03-14-2008, 10:47 PM
I don't know why people seem to think that this is a secret, or that no one knows about the plans, or reads this site.

When the "secret plan" is to get everyone to show up at the caucus, it's kind of non-secret, no?

I don't think this was intended to be secret. Besides, if it was truly secret, how the hell would we know? Kind of defeats the whole point, doesn't it? Besides, the PCC has it on their website so they could have figured that out without the help of folks on this forums.

That said, the objective is this: To pick up as many delegates as we can, (this is PCC's official message) even if they may be bound (this is my addendum) to other candidates in hopes of influencing the convention.

torchbearer
03-14-2008, 11:05 PM
http://bp2.blogger.com/_k_MaRKCuMkQ/RyNHVmTjVZI/AAAAAAAAAXo/4SLpKxdaL1Q/s400/animalhouse19.jpg

:cool:

nate895
03-14-2008, 11:08 PM

Didn't you post that before Louisiana?

pepperpete1
03-14-2008, 11:22 PM
All the delegates are only soft pledged to the primary winner. Maybe they are worried there are not enough hard pledged ones.

Soccrmastr
03-14-2008, 11:30 PM
I've heard from some primary sources on these forums that word was gottena roudn to aprty members that Ron Paul people were attending party functions to change things and were met with some hostility.

RSLudlum
03-14-2008, 11:48 PM
I've heard from some primary sources on these forums that word was gottena roudn to aprty members that Ron Paul people were attending party functions to change things and were met with some hostility.

Yeah, but it makes us that much stronger and them much more attuned to what we stand for, and in doing so some of them re-evaluate what they stand for. ;)

wowabunga
03-14-2008, 11:50 PM

I coughed up $30 and attended one of the Lincoln Days events in Missouri. One of the Republican speakers that night admitted on stage "yes we've had some improprieties" that have affected us. I about fell of my chair... the truth was being told.

A hardline relic spoke telling us we needed to stick by John McCain. No standing ovations after that speech.

They had a silent auction. I stood next to the items... harmlessly listening in on conversations... not much going on nationally... everyone was busy talking up the local elections.

Ex Post Facto
03-14-2008, 11:58 PM
A rumor they say? Why would they be worried about someone voting to change the "esablished rules" if they think there is no such rule?

Ex Post Facto
03-15-2008, 12:01 AM

Great stuff

Laja
03-15-2008, 12:07 AM
I don't think they're necessarily reading this forum, but word does spread. Ron Paul supporters nailed the delegates and shocked the heck out of the old-line party hacks who'd been running the precinct conventions for years in Texas. Now they're scared at the county level of what we'll do next.

Ex Post Facto
03-15-2008, 12:09 AM

h ttp://www.missourinet.com/gestalt/go.cfm?objectid=AFA81D15-A29C-F830-984086DE9E15930C

By Steve Walsh

Those damn conspiracy theorists :p

RP4EVER
03-15-2008, 12:41 AM
They have the balls to complain because the grassroots is out and about. We're following their rules. They'll just have to get over it.