PDA

View Full Version : Excepts from email for North Dakota... Applies to everyone here...

Banana
03-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Daily Dose (http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/03/14/important-points-to-keep-in-mind/)

This shows why delegates matters a lot. This is why we are talking about taking back the party.

My favorite part....

Also, we might consider introducing two party rules:

1) No party resources (money, mailing lists, websites, whatever the state party has spent money–our donations–on to acquire) shall go to candidates or elected party members who do not support the platform.

2) No party member holding office or party official is obligated to support a candidate or elected official who does not support the platform.

What good is a platform if defying it carries no consequences? What good is party unity if we are not united in our principles?

I’m sure that you all can find lots of other good issues and resolutions to address. If you would like a copy of resolutions that have been introduced in other states, please email me and I will send you a copy.

Remember, if we hope to take back our party, we have to be participating in these forums. Please make every effort to attend one of these meetings.

Bring others with you and make your voice heard.

So, get off yer ass and be one if you aren't one yet!

PS: 1359 delegates out of 2380 are elected via caucus/conventions and thus are open to us. This is ours to lose, so bring everyone you can to your state's convention (if this is how it's done in your state), including the family dog if need be! :D

teshuah
03-14-2008, 04:51 PM
those sound like some good ideas for resolutions.

I hope things are going better for y'all in NoDak than in 2000. My hubby helped on Senator Gary Nelson's campaign for Governor and watched them cut his mike during his speech at the Convention.... that amongst the other shenanigans played on him during his race against Hoeven in the primary.

Matthew P.
03-14-2008, 08:15 PM
My wife and I are delegates to the State and Congressional conventions - we are working on securing our spots to the National Convention - it will take work, but we are willing. It is now or never!

spacehabitats
03-14-2008, 08:29 PM
bump

Zera
03-14-2008, 08:42 PM
1359 delegates out of 2380? What about the others?

kirkblitz
03-14-2008, 09:52 PM
damn i cant wait for his book!

Banana
03-14-2008, 10:29 PM
1359 delegates out of 2380? What about the others?

The rest are chosen by various methods depending on states:

1) directly on the ballot (either on their own or bound to a particular candidate)
2) submitted as a slate by the winning candidate
3) picked by the state party
4) certified by State election board
5) by virtue of position (every state has 3 RNC slots for the Chair, Committeeman and Committewoman)

I am assuming that all RNC positions are party hacks and thus unlikely to support Ron Paul. The delegates on a slate has been researched and are very unlikely to be recruited if they weren't 101% in favor for the winning candidate.

Those picked by state party or certified by state election board potentially could be RP supporter, but has to be someone who has been known by GOP to have a chance at this.

There is a chance that those delegates could be RP supporters, but we have less control over ensuring their selection.

With 1359 delegates, we have 100% control provided we are able to storm the caucus and conventions.

Makes sense?

Eric21ND
03-15-2008, 12:53 AM
Yay for North Dakota! :)

Banana
03-16-2008, 03:48 PM
A reminding bump!

GoPaul08
03-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Yawn..more fodder for the haters to use to consider you a crazy person and ignore you./

I've said this before, but I will say it again. If there were 5000 people in a random public place, and you and I went in with the exact same number of material...slim jims, pamphlets, etc. And we said the EXACT same thing to everybody except for one difference...you said "Ron Paul still has a decent chance to be nominated as the Republican candidate" and I admitted that he lost the nomination race, but that message was still alive...I would do FAR more good for hte cause than you. Becuase you would be ignored as a crazy person who no longer want to live in reality. And they would be right to ignore you for that reason.

So again...keep up your ridiculous delusions if you want to just live with yourself in the movement. But if your goal is to EXPAND it...then you are absolutely WORTHLESS to the cause.

Banana
03-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Exactly how is encouraging others to be a delegate a "ridiculous delusion"?

Or did you just assumed that I was secretly planning a steal of nomination for Paul with my covet post? Ooo, Banana, you're a sneaky bastard!

Maybe you should read the OP and realize that being a delegates can make a difference by reforming the party so it's more receptive to any future liberty candidate and rediscover its conservative roots. *THIS* is doable.

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-16-2008, 04:12 PM
So, do we have delegate numbers in N.D.?

p.s. Banana, I've promoted the delegate strategy for
many months. But after a while we hurting ourselves
by making 10 posts a day about 'BECOME A DELEGATE'!

We should be jamming this stuff on meetups, not out in the open!

Banana
03-16-2008, 04:30 PM
I have no idea about N.D.; I only particularly liked their resolutions and wanted to encourage others to think about adopting similar resolutions.

As for threads about delegates being in open, I never thought it was a secret. I mean, they'd have figured it out just by watching Ron Paul's last video to the supporters. I can only that meetups pass along the information as I do not have any control over them (and I believe they operate independently of each other) but even so, meetups aren't the only way to get information. Some RPRs aren't even a member of their local meetup for whatever reasons.

Specific strategies, OTOH, is probably best kept to the meetups and organizers within a district/state/whatever.

orlandoinfl
04-06-2008, 10:29 PM
what happened in North Dakota?

torchbearer
04-06-2008, 10:33 PM
????

Eric21ND
04-07-2008, 04:44 AM
Ok North Dakota had 23 delegates up for grabs during the caucus. We managed to get a 12/11 split of national delegates. 12 for McCain and 11 for Ron Paul. :)

Banana
04-07-2008, 07:46 AM
That's great job!

(so ND has no convention then?)

Eric21ND
04-07-2008, 08:09 AM
We already had the convention last week and that was the deal that was made.

RP4EVER
04-07-2008, 11:17 AM
hot diggity damn! so we know those 11 are bound to Ron Paul correct?

Wells
04-07-2008, 11:39 AM
yep.. that's true :)

and he only got beat out by something around 140 votes to McCain on 02/05/08.. so if each precinct had 3 more people vote for Ron paul here it would have meant a 12/11 split in OUR favor..

*sigh*

TruthAtLast
04-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Also, we might consider introducing two party rules:

1) No party resources (money, mailing lists, websites, whatever the state party has spent money–our donations–on to acquire) shall go to candidates or elected party members who do not support the platform.

2) No party member holding office or party official is obligated to support a candidate or elected official who does not support the platform.

What good is a platform if defying it carries no consequences? What good is party unity if we are not united in our principles?

I’m sure that you all can find lots of other good issues and resolutions to address. If you would like a copy of resolutions that have been introduced in other states, please email me and I will send you a copy.

Remember, if we hope to take back our party, we have to be participating in these forums. Please make every effort to attend one of these meetings.

Bring others with you and make your voice heard.

What I like about these resolutions, is that it could be passed off as being "anti-Ron Paul" ;)

So you could easily play it like "we don't want those Ron Paul people using our money or being able to vote for anyone who doesn't support our platform. We need to protect our party from these people!"

I bet presenting it this way would get buy in from the old GOP very quickly.

What they don't realize is that once we change the platform then the rule works in our favor. haha

Once they realize that "their" candidate doesn't support the platform, they're screwed. :D Jedi mind trick!

Banana
04-07-2008, 12:13 PM
TruthAtlast gets it.

This should be pushed at all conventions. It's time to tell party that they should be doing grassroots' bidding, not the bidding of "presumptive nominee"!

mcgraw_wv
04-07-2008, 01:16 PM
I see those resolutions to be used against Ron Paul more than for against McCain.

Every Die Hard GOPer, would say McCain represents the platform and RP doesn't. Any rule like this can be used for good and evil. It's still a restriction, and it prevents people from evolving the party.

It's bad all around.