PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Needs to Hire Britney Spears!

peters
03-14-2008, 01:57 PM
It is an excellent joke, but the longer I think of it, the harder it becomes to dismiss it. Read and enjoy. :)

---

How does Ron Paul get media attention? He hires Britney Spears! What would be the effect? (http://www.nolanchart.com/article3177.html)
by Doug Eberhardt

I'm mixing up my normal type of support article for Ron Paul....frustration sometimes does this to me! I want to see if just by adding the name "Britney Spears" to a Ron Paul article if viewership will increase by any significant amount. But in writing the article, I actually have come to like the idea it represents!

Britney Spears and Ron Paul should be hooked at the hip like the two actors, Matt Damon and Greg Kinnear, in the movie, "Stuck on You."

This will accomplish one of two things. It will either stop the media flurry over Britney Spears where she can lead a normal life again as the paparazzi won't follow her around any longer or it will cause the media to report on the every move of Ron Paul.

I don't write this article in a "Spoof" or "Wonkette" mocking manner. There is a degree of seriousness to it. I do realize it is "somewhat" far-fetched or wishful thinking, but desperate times call for desperate action! Nothing has worked so far right?

TMZ, Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, you know...what America watches each night for an hour, along with the regular media's consistent reporting, would give Ron Paul all the coverage he needs between now and November.

Seriously, what do you think would happen? The media can't get enough of Britney Spears! Ron Paul would finally get some coverage!....except on Fox News of course...but only war loving neocons watch that channel anyway....

Imagine that...Britney Spears would become an American Hero! The headlines would be; "Britney Spears Helps Save America!" or "Britney Spears Helps Save the Dollar!" But the best aspect to it all is Ron Paul would finally get the media coverage that is coming to him. As a matter of fact, it would make up for all the media coverage he HASN'T received over the last year! His "message" would finally get through to the masses!

Take that biased MSM!

Now all we need to do is draft Britney Spears into the rEVOLution! She may not be the perfect campaign spokesperson, but we'd put a gag order on her and just use Britney for her uncanny ability to draw media attention. It would probably keep her out of trouble having a good fatherly figure around her and she would have some appeal to the youth vote! Hey, we need the votes!

Anyone have her number?

Shed
03-14-2008, 02:17 PM
It would make Ron Paul a laughing-stock.

acptulsa
03-14-2008, 02:24 PM
I just don't think you could get Dr. Paul to go to all those night clubs. Nice thought, though.

TurtleBurger
03-14-2008, 08:05 PM
This would force the media into a paradox, so they'd have to cease to exist.

Knightskye
03-14-2008, 08:37 PM
They'd have one more reason to call his campaign "fringe" (or one of their synonyms).