PDA

View Full Version : Yet another sign battle.

Mark Rushmore
03-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Me mayor, me iz law, uz obey. (http://www.politickernj.com/ron-paul-supporter-battles-hawthorne-borough)

acptulsa
03-14-2008, 01:21 PM
The signs must be down seven days after the election. And if we say the election isn't over until November? The press may disagree, even people around here may disagree, but whether or not there's a chance is irrelevant. Ron Paul is still a candidate for president and the presidential election simply isn't over.

ItsTime
03-14-2008, 01:28 PM
yup :mad:

The signs must be down seven days after the election. And if we say the election isn't over until November? The press may disagree, even people around here may disagree, but whether or not there's a chance is irrelevant. Ron Paul is still a candidate for president and the presidential election simply isn't over.

Matthew P.
03-14-2008, 09:07 PM
These land rights issues are aggravating, to say the least! So now our personal property isn't ours to do with as we please? Not only is that an infringement of our property rights, but also, it is an infringement on our freedom of speech - why would it be any different if I want to have a sign on my lawn for a year saying "Down with the Government Tyranny" or "Abolish the Federal Reserve" - they wouldn't have a problem with those - but the point is - it doesn't matter whether they have a problem or not, it's my freedom, my speech, my property.

So my car is basically a "RonPaulmobile" - I have bumper stickers, flags, and a car topper - a rolling advertisement. Are you going to tell me that I have to take off all those stickers on my car because they're political?! What a bunch of garbage! Seeing this kind of stuff makes me seethe! :mad:

Matthew P.
03-14-2008, 09:11 PM
I'm going to keep my signs up until the sun fades all the lettering off of them and then I will still keep them up so people can ask what they used to say and I will still be spreading the message for years after all this has passed.

What are they going to do - throw me in jail? If enough people fight this on a constitutional basis and legitimately work to overturn some of these ridiculous policies at local levels then we are on to something. If we sit back and give in to apathy, then we deserve what we get.

Still seething! :mad:

humanic
03-14-2008, 09:11 PM
This pisses me off. I hope he puts them in their place.