PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Ventura: Will he or won't he?

defe07
03-14-2008, 12:48 PM
I went on http://www.examiner.com/blogs/Yeas_and_Nays/2008/3/14/Ventura-Will-he-or-wont-he and I read the article. Here's the article:

Ventura: Will he or won’t he?
March 14, 12:53 AM

To hear Jesse Ventura tell it, he’s either out to become president or an expatriate.

In the opening to his fourth book, due out April 1, the former wrestler and governor of Minnesota writes: “As I begin to write this book, I’m facing probably the most monumental decision of my 56 years on this planet. Will I run for president of the United States, as an independent, in 2008? Or will I stay as far away from the fray as possible, in a place with no electricity, on a remote beach in Mexico?”
AP

Throughout the book, called “Don’t Start the Revolution Without Me!,” Ventura seems to go back and forth on the question, pro and con:

Pro: “My outrage knows few bounds. … I can’t live with this apathy. I can’t tell myself it’s not happening.”

Con: “Psychologically, I need to break away from the United States. I also felt it was time in my life to go on an adventure. … And I found that, even in the 21st century, you can still be something of a Kit Carson,” the renowned 19th-century frontiersman.

Pro: He details a conversation he had in Mexico with Robert F. Kennedy Jr. about running together on an independent, third-party ticket.

Con: His wife, Terry, says she refuses to be first lady of anything again.

Pro: WWE Wrestling Chairman Vince McMahon told Ventura he’d back his bid “100 percent, with everything I’ve got.”

Con: The epilogue of the book imagines eight months of 2008 headlines, as Ventura decides to run on a “WWE independent ticket.” Ventura envisions “shoving McMahon off to the side” and announcing his candidacy before 70,000 fans at the 24th annual WrestleMania. Which must mean he can’t be serious.

What the hell? :rolleyes:

Kotin
03-14-2008, 12:51 PM
i hope so badly he does!!!!!

defe07
03-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Hey Kotin, did you read any of the comments there? There was one MF who said that Ron Paul was the most anti-Constitutional government person ever. :mad:

MRoCkEd
03-14-2008, 01:11 PM
this is interesting

Peace&Freedom
03-14-2008, 02:05 PM
If elected, will he 'do the job' in DC?

MRoCkEd
03-17-2008, 01:32 PM
i believe so
i know it's unlikely, but i really hope he does run

WilliamC
03-17-2008, 01:45 PM
He's definitely a better choice than either of the three stooges that are the current front-runners.

fedup100
03-17-2008, 01:50 PM
He is a mans man says what he means means what he says and would kick ass.....he has my vote. We need to email him and ask politely. I have always liked the sound of a Paul / Ventura ticket too.

Regardless of the nay sayers, with the economy alone this is the one time a third party could win it. Obama is being finished off and a good third party ticket would give half of his supporters some where to vote. 34% of the vote and delegates is doable.

Hell, we won't know till we try......please lets try.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
03-17-2008, 01:53 PM
nt

fedup100
03-17-2008, 02:04 PM
I ordered his new book "Don't start the Revolution without me". Releases in the next few weeks.

Take it from someone who knows, Jesse Ventura is the real deal, the realest man you'll ever meet. He believes in Freedom, and there is no question about that. His whole family are real good people.

Jesse was an entertainer, true. He always was special forces, mayor of Brooklyn Park, football coach at Champlin Senior High, Govenor of Minnesota, a patriot, and always an honest man. While Govenor of Minnesota he ran a surplus budget, returned the money to the people, lowered DMV costs dramatically, and started a very badly needed light rail commuter train which as laid dormant since he left. There has been no new A&E performed and no new construction performed. Our traffic in the twin cities just keeps getting worse.

I know Jesse Ventura to a certain degree. I lived in the same city as he did. I burned wood and drank beer with his son a few times. I have a cousin who was also a professional wrestler in the same time period. I've watched football games at Champlin senior high. I've met him on a few occasions. He is the realest man you'll ever meet. The real deal. He says what he means, means what he says.

I for one, am very excited about Jesse Ventura running for president.

Buy his book, which I think will be his vehicle to presidency since its a tell-all apparently. He is telling what the CIA told him when he became governor. There is a reason Jesse Ventura decided to 'leave the country'. We need to find out why that is. Jesse is a bad ass, but also a caring individual, so it has always been a mystery to me why he left, why he changed so dramatically. He was fighting the system, and thats why he went from mayor to governor, then he took off. Why? Something happened. We miss him in Maple Grove and it's a shame what happened to his horse ranch, it got developed into these vinyl wrapped things they call homes now-a-days.

We need to support this patriot BIG TIME. The media is our enemy and Jesse loves to takes out the "jackals" (he coined the term I believe). Jackals is the best term for them too, as they are the devils dog.

I agree 100%, but they will kill him and he knows it. Jesse ventura is what Arnold always wanted to be, the real deal. we need to contact him in mass and request he run and we need a crack team of protection for the man and his family. He has come forward after he saw Ron pass, he knows it is now or never to save the country. I think he is testing the waters and saying if you want me to run let me know now.....lets let him know now, we have very little time left. Jesse I believe will use the talent of the grassroot. Paul can run with him or get out of the way and endorse him. AMEN

WilliamC
03-17-2008, 02:06 PM
I'll support him by pre-ordering his book.

fedup100
03-17-2008, 02:18 PM
http://www.voters4ventura.com/letter.html

Go to his site and sign petition, time is short.

ladyjade3
03-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Ventura's not perfect, but I'm a fan. I've read "Ain't Got Time to Bleed"

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-17-2008, 02:52 PM
I would definitely be glad to go for Ventura if Ron Paul doesn't run as an independent or isn't on the ballot in November. Write-in votes are a waste because they aren't counted or reported anyway.

Ventura was also a passably good Governor, especially compared to the garbage that is Tim Pawlenty (our current Gov who may be a possible VP choice for McCain). I also recall him forcing the Mainstream Media Reporters to wear JACKAL nametags to sit in for a press conference. He had a vigorous hate for the local media, because they were just about as biased and disgusting against him then as they are against Ron Paul now.

MRoCkEd
03-17-2008, 03:02 PM
According to Co-Author Dick Russell (http://www.dickrussell.org/),

Jesse Ventura will talk about his new book....
April 3 - live with Larry King
April 4 CNN, Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer
April 7 - Comedy Channel, the Colbert Report
April 8 - The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch, MSNBC-TV
April 10 - "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me" - NPR April 10 - WERS-FM, Boston
April 11 - KWNG 106 FM, Minneapolis
April 12 - "Johns on Sports," WTBQ Radio, New York
April 14 - WOR Radio, New York
April 14 - Monday Night Mayhem -"Wrestling Radio"

DAFTEK
03-17-2008, 03:05 PM
I agree 100%, but they will kill him and he knows it. Jesse ventura is what Arnold always wanted to be, the real deal. we need to contact him in mass and request he run and we need a crack team of protection for the man and his family. He has come forward after he saw Ron pass, he knows it is now or never to save the country. I think he is testing the waters and saying if you want me to run let me know now.....lets let him know now, we have very little time left. Jesse I believe will use the talent of the grassroot. Paul can run with him or get out of the way and endorse him. AMEN

+++++1776+++++

We need to get some kind of petition request of some sort besides flooding him with emails and beg for help :) I could only dream of a Ventura run..... :eek:

DAFTEK
03-17-2008, 03:10 PM
http://www.voters4ventura.com/letter.html

Go to his site and sign petition, time is short.

MAJOR BLIMP! WE NEED A FORUM GOING TOO. Is it me or would this be huge? :D

Peace&Freedom
03-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Believe it or not, but as a Presidential possibility, there are five 'from day one' ways in which Ventura is actually an improvement over Paul:

1) He is widely known from day one (via his mulitple careers in wrestling, Hollywood and Politics).

2) He has ALREADY served in a major executive capacity (as Governor), not as a legislator.

3) He actually HAS a known billionaire from day one (Vince McMahon) willing to support him.

4) He has committed himself from day one as openly questioning 9/11, no ducking 'the elephant in the room.'

5) Ventura has an overt take-no-prisoners approach to the viperous media, and is not likely to turn the other cheek.

MRoCkEd
03-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Believe it or not, but as a Presidential possibility, there are five 'from day one' ways in which Ventura is actually an improvement over Paul:

1) He is widely known from day one (via his mulitple careers in wrestling, Hollywood and Politics).

2) He has ALREADY served in a major executive capacity (as Governor), not as a legislator.

3) He actually HAS a known billionaire from day one (Vince McMahon) willing to support him.

4) He has committed himself from day one as openly questioning 9/11, no ducking 'the elephant in the room.'

5) Ventura has an overt take-no-prisoners approach to the viperous media, and is not likely to turn the other cheek.
the biggest step is for him to actually run :confused:

DAFTEK
03-17-2008, 03:29 PM
I can see the signs already: V for Ventura 2008 :D

http://pointsbypritt.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/jesse2.jpg

MRoCkEd
03-17-2008, 04:01 PM
interesting wikipedia info:
Ventura appeared as an honored guest at World Wrestling Entertainment's (WWE) WrestleMania XX as part of the "WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2004." Later in the evening he approached the ring to interview Donald Trump, who had a front row seat at the event. Trump affirmed that Ventura would receive his moral and financial support were he to ever reenter the world of politics. Alluding to the 2008 election, Ventura boldly announced that "In 2008, maybe we oughta put a wrestler in the White House". As of yet he has made no official announcement concerning whether or not he intends to run for President. If endorsed, Ventura would be the first presidential candidate endorsed by the Independence Party (in 2004, the Independence Party conducted an instant-runoff straw poll for President during its spring caucuses; John Edwards, who eventually became the Democratic candidate for Vice President, was the winner, but the straw poll was non-binding and not a formal endorsement).

Ventura participated on the June 11, 2007 WWE Raw Draft Special on the USA Network, where he was seen, with a much different look (no signature mustache), giving "Appreciation" towards Mr. McMahon. A few day later, it was reported that Ventura had a meeting with Vince McMahon at WWE's corporate headquarters in Stamford, Conn. As of yet, no news on what this meeting was about has come to light.

In January of 2008, the Associated Press reported that a new book authored by Ventura, titled Don't Start the Revolution Without Me is scheduled for release in April. In it, according to the report, Ventura suggests that he is a potential presidential candidate for 2008.

EvilNight
03-17-2008, 07:16 PM
This is so very interesting.

A Ventura/Paul ticket would be quite powerful.

Republicans are facing the "anyone but McCain" dilemma, and I think it could grab quite a few of them. It also has a chance at grabbing independents.

Either way, it's another good vehicle to keep the message front and center and in everyone's face right up to the 11th hour.

I'd say go for it. If Ventura can be persuaded to run.

MRoCkEd
03-18-2008, 01:23 PM
i wonder if he will mention it on his upcoming book stops

DeadtoSin
03-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Jesse Ventura hurt my feelings a bit once by saying that religion was a crutch for weak-minded people. At least he clarified later that he meant that it could be used AS a crutch. He said that he respected religious people, just not the fundamentalist fanatics.

I am a person that talks about my faith in Christ, and that is considered extreme to people. I don't force people to think a certain way, and I do my best not to force people to live a certain way. If I make any comment on religion or lifestyle or whatever then I do it in a loving caring way. I hope that isn't considered fanaticism.

That being said, since he clarified his statement I would vote for a Ventura/Paul, Paul/Ventura ticket.

JMann
03-19-2008, 08:54 AM
According to Co-Author Dick Russell (http://www.dickrussell.org/),

Jesse Ventura will talk about his new book....
April 3 - live with Larry King
April 4 CNN, Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer
April 10 - "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me" - NPR April 10 - WERS-FM, Boston
April 12 - "Johns on Sports," WTBQ Radio, New York
April 14 - Monday Night Mayhem -"Wrestling Radio"

Book tour or presidential announcement tour?

MRoCkEd
03-19-2008, 01:19 PM
more dates added for his book tour

April 1 - Alex Jones Show, syndicated radio
April 2 - Thom Hartmann Program, Air America radio
April 2 - Brad Davis Program, syndicated radio
April 2 - Scott Leffler Show, syndicated radio
April 2 - Book-signing, Barnes & Noble, Santa Monica, CA
April 3 - Live with Larry King
April 3 - Alex Colmes coast-to-coast radio, 10:15 pm EST
April 4 - CNN, Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer
April 8 - Opie & Anthony Show, syndicated radio
April 9 - Hannity & Colmes, Fox News Channel, 9-10 PM EST
April 10 - "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me" - NPR
April 10 - WERS-FM, Boston
April 11 - Fox Business News with Neil Cavuto.
April 11 - Book-signing, Barnes & Noble, Route 3, Clifton, NJ
April 17 - Jimmy Kimmel Live
April 19 - "Johns on Sports," WTBQ Radio, New York
April 21 - Monday Night Mayhem -"Wrestling Radio"
May 15 - Minnesota Public Radio
May 16 - Book-signing, Barnes & Noble Edina Store, Minn

JMann
03-19-2008, 02:51 PM
I hope that he runs and that he gets started soon. He will need time to get ballot access but if the Donald and Vince can set up independent organizations to pay petition gatherers than their money can go along way to remove one of his biggest hurdles.

boggie08
03-19-2008, 03:46 PM
I have always liked the sound of a Paul / Ventura ticket too.

I have always liked the sound of a Paul/anybody ticket, just make sure Ron Paul is the president.

Bruno
03-19-2008, 04:37 PM
I have always liked the sound of a Paul/anybody ticket, just make sure Ron Paul is the president.

+1 ! :D

MRoCkEd
03-20-2008, 05:30 PM
yep, but if a paul/ anybody ticket doesn't happen, i would prefer a ventura/ anybody to a mccain/anybody or clinton/anybody

Meatwasp
03-20-2008, 06:04 PM
But, but what is his stand on the war????That is the important question

MRoCkEd
03-20-2008, 06:53 PM
"I've been opposed to the war in Iraq from day one. I had no problem with Afghanistan. People need to remember there wasn't one Iraqi involved in 9/11. None of those hijackers were from Iraq.
None of the hijackers were from Afghanistan either.

To me, it's kind of like looking at Pearl Harbor. The Japanese attacked us at Pearl Harbor, so let's go get Korea, since they're Asian, too."

nc4rp
03-20-2008, 07:47 PM
well he WAS a governor. dont they have a better chance than senators to become president traditionally?

MRoCkEd
03-21-2008, 10:16 AM
i guess
if he runs, his celebrity status and possible trump/mcmahon backings would make him hard to ignore like they ignored ron paul

nc4rp
03-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Would Paul ask Ventura to be Vice pres over Goldwater or Barr? who else would he choose that you can think of?

PennCustom4RP
03-21-2008, 01:10 PM
I wonder if he can be elected under his stage name 'Jesse Ventura" or have to use his legal name of James Janos. While Gov of Mn, was he really Gov Janos, but called Gov Ventura?
Just curious as to what that law is here, how is it officially recorded.

MRoCkEd
03-22-2008, 07:15 PM
i ordered his book, and it should be here tuesday

idiom
03-22-2008, 07:59 PM
I just watched Idiocracy and the idea of a wrestler in the white house is seriously appealing :)

MRoCkEd
03-23-2008, 05:11 PM
dick russell changed the posting, apparently he will be on larry king live a week from tuesday
April 1 - Live with Larry King, CNN

defe07
03-23-2008, 09:52 PM
dick russell changed the posting, apparently he will be on larry king live a week from tuesday

It's a bit creepy you posted this at 9:11. ;)

JMann
03-24-2008, 08:42 AM

He will be at Wrestlemanina a couple days before then which I think would be the official announcement if there is to be one.

MRoCkEd
03-24-2008, 10:06 AM
He will be at Wrestlemanina a couple days before then which I think would be the official announcement if there is to be one.
so this Sunday, March 30th, 2008 is wrestlemania
i guess if there is any chance at all he might run, this would be when we would find out

JMann
03-24-2008, 10:23 AM
so this Sunday, March 30th, 2008 is wrestlemania
i guess if there is any chance at all he might run, this would be when we would find out

He would announce prior to the 'book tour' and wrestlemania will have a large cheering stadium crowd and i guess millions watching on pay per view. I'm sure a plug for his website would generate some hits and money pretty quickly and would be all over the Monday morning news cycle.

MRoCkEd
03-24-2008, 11:07 AM
His new book just arrived at my house:
"Will I run for president of the United States, as an independent, in 2008? Or will I stay as far away from the fray as possible, in a place with no electricity, on a remote beach in Mexico?" hmm

MRoCkEd
03-25-2008, 04:04 PM
even more dates are added:
Jesse Ventura will talk about the book....
April 2 - Alex Jones Show, syndicated radio 12:00 - 1:00 PM EST
April 2 - Thom Hartmann Program, Air America radio 2:00 PM EST
April 2 - Brad Davis Program, syndicated radio 9:10 AM EST
April 2 - Scott Leffler Show, syndicated radio 10:10 AM EST
April 2 - Book-signing, Barnes & Noble, Santa Monica, CA 7:00 PM
April 3 - Alan Colmes coast-to-coast radio, 10:15 PM EST
April 3 - Monday Night Mayhem radio interview, 9:30 PM EST
April 4 - CNN, Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer 5:00 PM EST
April 5 - Book-signing, Book Soup, West Hollywood, CA 2 - 4 PM
April 5 - Johns on Sports, WTBQ radio interview, 7:45 PM EST
April 5 - CNN News Room, 10 PM EST
April 7 - Comedy Central, the Colbert Report
11:30 AM or 12:30 PM EST
April 8 - Opie & Anthony Show, syndicated radio 8:00-9:00 AM EST
April 8 - Michael Mejido Show, WOR Radio NY, 10 AM EST
April 8 - Steve Malsbury Show, WOR Radio NY, 4:05 pm EST
April 8 - CNN's Campbell Brown Show, 7:40 PM EST
April 8 - Fox News Channel "On the Record
with Greta Van Susteren," 10 - 11 PM EST
April 9 - Hannity & Colmes, Fox News Channel, 9-10 PM EST
April 10 - WERS-FM, Boston interview 4:05 PM EST
April 10 - Book-Signing: 6:30 pm, Book Ends Bookstore,
232 East Ridgewood Ave., Ridgewood, NJ.
April 11 - Fox Business News with Neil Cavuto 4 PM EST
April 11 - Book-signing, Barnes & Noble, Route 3, Clifton, NJ 7:30/8 PM EST
April 17 - Jimmy Kimmel Live
May 15 - Minnesota Public Radio 12:00 PM
May 15 - Book-Signing, The Mall of America, Minnespolis, 6:00 PM
May 16 - Book-signing, Barnes & Noble 8040 Wedgewood Lane,
Maple Grove, Minnesota 7:00 PM

Hopefully this is more than just a book tour!!!!!!!

armstrong
03-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Cool:::::: independant: Jessie Ventura President , Ron Paul VP and president of the senate
Republican ticket: Ron Paul President with Jessie Ventura VP and president of the senate

write in ticket:one of the above:::

MRoCkEd
03-26-2008, 01:56 PM
i just want to have a choice besides obamaclinton/mccain

OptionsTrader
03-26-2008, 02:06 PM
He's definitely a better choice than either of the three stooges that are the current front-runners.

I would greatly prefer a mannequin that does nothing than one of the 3 stooges. If we can fill all federal positions with mannequins, we would have the best 4 years in history. Where's that Lewis Black clip ...

MRoCkEd
03-27-2008, 12:02 PM
from larry king live website

Tuesday, April 1
Jesse Ventura...for president!!?? The former wrestler-governor is back and talking politics. Where has he been - and is he really making a run for presidency?

• E-mail your questions.
• Send us a video e-mail!