PDA

View Full Version : Obama advisor: God damn America!

New Governor Of Alaska
03-14-2008, 10:45 AM
There are harsh words, of course, but Rev. Jeremiah Wright is right on many issues.

Fri, 14 Mar 2008
The history of Barack Obama's much-credited pastor urging African Americans to sing 'God damn America' has stirred a media-frenzy.

Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's longtime minister, friend and adviser has blamed America for starting the AIDS virus, training professional killers, importing drugs and creating a racist society that would never elect an African American as president.

"The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God damn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people," ABC news quoted the Reverend as saying in a 2003 sermon.

"God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme," he added.
In addition to damning America, in a Sept. 16, 2001 sermon he claimed the United States had brought al Qaeda attacks upon itself.
"We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye," Rev. Wright said.

"We supported Zionism shamelessly while ignoring the Palestinians and branding anybody who spoke out against it as being anti-Semitic.... and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards… America's chickens are coming home to roost," he told his congregation,” he said.

Rev. Wright, who announced his retirement last month, is widely considered as one of America's 10 most influential African American pastors.

http://www.presstv.com/detail.aspx?id=47429&sectionid=3510203

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/03/06/us/06obama_lg.jpg

Barack Obama with Rev. Jeremiah Wright

New Governor Of Alaska
03-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Do you think people should make a decision whom to vote for based on what is said by those who are close to a candidate?
If they should, than a candidate must report about all his friends and their statements and deeds. How ridiculous is that going to look than? :)

Kludge
03-15-2008, 09:28 AM
Do you think people should make a decision whom to vote for based on what is said by those who are close to a candidate?
If they should, than a candidate must report about all his friends and their statements and deeds. How ridiculous is that going to look than? :)

Advisors are those who help determine the fate of a bill once it reaches the president's desk, among many other things. If you need proof, see McCain's answer when Dr. Paul asked him about the PPT in the most recent debate (I think..)

New Governor Of Alaska
03-15-2008, 09:33 AM
I agree with you, Kludge.

But Rev. Jeremiah Wright seems to be an emotional man so he says emotional things that members of his church like to hear.
But how about this statement: "We supported Zionism shamelessly while ignoring the Palestinians and branding anybody who spoke out against it as being anti-Semitic....

Do you agree with this statement?

Kludge
03-15-2008, 09:39 AM
I agree with you, Kludge.

But Rev. Jeremiah Wright seems to be an emotional man so he says emotional things that members of his church like to hear.
But how about this statement: "We supported Zionism shamelessly while ignoring the Palestinians and branding anybody who spoke out against it as being anti-Semitic....

Do you agree with this statement?

Sure, I believe it to be true. However, why would anyone want a man who's unable to control his emotions as an advisor??

bucfish
03-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Obama's Record that the MSM keeps from us.
His wife works for the Chicago Council on Global Affairs an outreach of the Council on Foreign Relations.
He has proposed a Global Poverty Bill S.2433 (I think) that is nothing more than to get 683 Billion dollars from the United States and to the United Nations.
He also fully supports the Carbon Tax a United Nations tax to get US business to pay an 8% tax to the UN

DAFTEK
03-15-2008, 09:54 AM
I say fuk Obama, his lame supporters and his stupid racist preacher and his whole stupid fraud campaign of false hope and and less spare change then we got under Bush. I'm just amazed how stupid the youth is becoming voting on a popular contest of false speeches. I still have not heard what he stands for, what he plans to change? WHAT THE FUK IS THE CHANGE HE'S TALKING ABOUT? Now i know why he sounds like a preacher in all his speeches and sounds more and more like MLK copycat. I saw him last night and he freaking FLAT OUT LIED to the American people.

It's just a matter of time before Obama burns up in his crack pipe and more shit piles up on him..... The guy makes me just as sick as McDick, I will write Paul in and even thou he might not have a chance to win i hope Hillary wins this shit already. We're fuked ether way you look at it....

FLAME ME! I dont care! :mad:

New Governor Of Alaska
03-15-2008, 10:01 AM
Sure, I believe it to be true. However, why would anyone want a man who's unable to control his emotions as an advisor??

All preachers in Black churches are emotional. Come on.... You are an American you should know that.
If you don't know it, then go to a church in a Black neighborhood or turn your TV set on Sunday and take a look - they are dancing, the preacher is screaming and sweating... It sure doesn't look like your Catholic church for sure.

Geez... Do I really have to explain that to an American man? :confused:

DAFTEK
03-15-2008, 10:10 AM
NGOA Even thou most people here find you controversial on the anti Israeli topics and I do agree with you on some things in the past but this is pure bullshit the guy is racist, even my black friends tell me they have never heard anything as hateful in their churches. Don't fall into this bullshit, they guy is nothing but a white hate monger. Has nothing to do with governments, Bush, Hillary or any policies specifically.

dawnbt
03-15-2008, 10:30 AM
I attend a prodominately black church and my pastor has never said anything like that! I would have walked right out!

New Governor Of Alaska
03-15-2008, 10:46 AM
...the guy is racist...

What makes Rev. Jeremiah Wright a racist? Can you give me an exact quote please?

And by the way, DAFTEK, he is not the guy or a dude.

Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright has been a Senior Pastor of the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago for over 36 years. 36 years!
We are not on the Jerry Springer show, so select the correct words, please.

OK, DAFTEK? :)

I attend a prodominately black church and my pastor has never said anything like that! I would have walked right out!

Dawnbt, besides, God damn America!, what other statements do you disagree with?

Doktor_Jeep
03-15-2008, 10:48 AM
God already damned America.

DAFTEK
03-15-2008, 10:54 AM
1+1=2

The man practices what his pastor preaches!
Connect the dots people, his wife, him, his speeches.
I'm amazed how many RP supporters are so quiet on this issue!
I would rather have a President who is PROUD of his country regardless of past governments! I hate our policies but: I LOVE & AM PROUD OF MY COUNTRY!

You people got all over Frank, Hannity, but ass kiss Obama. well let me be the first then to say:

FUCK U OBAMA!

http://mklasing.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/obama-pledge.jpg

Renegades
03-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Trying to bash the man because of what his pastor says is a stretch - and a pathetic stretch at that.

There are so many better things to bust Obama on. This one isn't it.

New Governor Of Alaska
03-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Trying to bash the man because of what his pastor says is a stretch - and a pathetic stretch at that.

Well, it comes naturally, I assume.
American politics is one big Jerry Springer Show. :D

Here's what I've said on the previous page:

DealzOnWheelz
03-15-2008, 11:12 AM
No but they should be judged on the core principles of the church they belong to

www.tucc.org

goto the about us section

The NON Negotiable committment to Africa

where is the committment to America??

Renegades
03-15-2008, 11:26 AM
No but they should be judged on the core principles of the church they belong to

www.tucc.org

What the person says/does should be the issue, not what some guy the person knows says/does. It's completely irrelevant.
This is just predictable campaign season smearing, and most people will disgard such nonsense. All of this is for naught.

DealzOnWheelz
03-15-2008, 11:33 AM
I agree with some of the pastors statements however he is a racist

Can a white person be a member of his church???

The answer NO

And you can argue that he isn't a racist and is proud of his culture and where he came from but if you take everything it says on the ABOUT US page on his website and placed the word white in place of black it would sound like a neo nazi movement and people would be up in arms

And Barack does enough to hurt himself

He doesn't believe in the Pledge of allegiance
Global poverty tax
Extending medicare and medicaid to mexico

DealzOnWheelz
03-15-2008, 11:34 AM
What the person says/does should be the issue, not what some guy the person knows says/does. It's completely irrelevant.
This is just predictable campaign season smearing, and most people will disgard such nonsense. All of this is for naught.

Thats not what his pastor said that is one of the 10 core beliefs of the church

Would you goto a church that did not hold your beliefs??

New Governor Of Alaska
03-15-2008, 12:24 PM

www.tucc.org

Where is the committment to America you ask?
Well.... Let's contact them and ask your question:

400 West 95th Street
Chicago, Illinois 60628
Phone:773-962-5650
E-mail: info@tucc.org

DealzOnWheelz, there is a great number of ethnic churches in Illinois.

The members of Trinity United Church are proud of their African heritage and they are not afraid to express their feelings and thoughts.
So what's wrong with that?

Here's a quote from their site:

We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.

The Pastor as well as the membership of Trinity United Church of Christ is committed to a 10-point Vision:
A congregation committed to ADORATION.
A congregation preaching SALVATION.
A congregation actively seeking RECONCILIATION.
A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA.
A congregation committed to BIBLICAL EDUCATION.
A congregation committed to CULTURAL EDUCATION.
A congregation committed to the HISTORICAL EDUCATION OF AFRICAN PEOPLE IN DIASPORA.
A congregation committed to LIBERATION.
A congregation committed to RESTORATION.
A congregation working towards ECONOMIC PARITY.

Source - http://www.tucc.org/about.htm

And a video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9oXrK0LazE

DAFTEK
03-15-2008, 12:40 PM
What makes Rev. Jeremiah Wright a racist? Can you give me an exact quote please?

And by the way, DAFTEK, he is not the guy or a dude.

Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright has been a Senior Pastor of the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago for over 36 years. 36 years!
We are not on the Jerry Springer show, so select the correct words, please.

OK, DAFTEK? :)

Have you ever used Google?. Ohh and that GUY is not a man of god when he uses a church to spread hate speeches in my opinion. So yeah, i can call him Guy! Or do you prefer GAY? I never said DUDE :p

Besides all the obvious racist remarks which i wont even bother going into because they are so obvious even on the churches website at one point using capital letters for Black and lower case for white, i now agree with the rest of the members on this forum that they are right about you having issues with anti America anti Israel propaganda.

With that said are you even an American?

This FRAUD as RP called him is like i have said all along is nothing but a Con Man.

Your just all over this because the GUY from the church has a few speeches that you just loved to hear about Zionist Israel remarks... heh ;) Do me a favor QFT cuz the shit is starting to smell and even i can smell it now.

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/03/13/now-we-know-where-michelle-obamas-resentment-of-america-comes-from/

New Governor Of Alaska
03-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Ohh and that GUY is not a man of god when he uses a church to spread hate speeches in my opinion.

DAFTEK, do you have some quotes from his "hate speeches"? I assume you do and you can post them. Correct?

You know.... you actually sound like a neo-con man from the Fox-News channel: Jeremiah Wright on Fox http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNTGRL0OJWQ

0zzy
03-15-2008, 01:04 PM
You are all very angry people.

And in fact, I think I have heard him speak more truth than other people. We nuked more people than 9/11 killed, 2 nukes in Japan and war all over the place. However, I don't think we "deserved" it, evil isn't a solution to evil. And I like how he recognizes Palestine's struggle.

DAFTEK
03-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Trinity United Church of Christ adopted the Black Value System written by the Manford Byrd Recognition Committee chaired by Vallmer Jordan in 1981. We believe in the following 12 precepts and covenantal statements. These Black Ethics must be taught and exemplified in homes, churches, nurseries and schools, wherever Blacks are gathered. They must reflect on the following concepts:

1. Commitment to God
2. Commitment to the Black Community
3. Commitment to the Black Family
4. Dedication to the Pursuit of Education
5. Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence
6. Adherence to the Black Work Ethic
7. Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect
8. Disavowal of the Pursuit of “Middleclassness”
9. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the Black Community
10. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting Black Institutions
11. Pledge allegiance to all Black leadership who espouse and embrace the Black Value System
12. Personal commitment to embracement of the Black Value System.

Do you think that if Mitt Romney’s local church talked about the White Community, White Institutions, and the White Value System that it would have gotten more attention from the Liberal Media than this has?

Renegades
03-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Thats not what his pastor said that is one of the 10 core beliefs of the church

Would you goto a church that did not hold your beliefs??

I don't go into churches period.

New Governor Of Alaska
03-15-2008, 01:30 PM
You are all very angry people.

Not me though.... And I am not even Black, by the way.... I am more white than David Duke actually.

Read my posts and you will that I am just trying to find out what all that noise is about... But so far no one managed to answer my simple questions.
I support my thoughts with quotes and links to the sources of information but all I hear in response is wild accusations of Dr. Jeremiah Wright being a racist.

The neo-con media is doing the same thing, by the way, they are bashing Dr. Jeremiah Wright like there is no tomorrow.
And I think I know why the neo-con media and NOT Ron Paul people attack Dr. Jeremiah Wright.
Here's a quote from trinity church site:

• We [African Americans] were always seen as objects. When we started defining ourselves, it scared those who try to control others by naming them and defining them for them; Oppressors do not like “others” defining themselves.

Source - http://www.tucc.org/talking_points.htm

So this is why I am defending this Black Man and his Community.

And in fact, I think I have heard him speak more truth than other people. We nuked more people than 9/11 killed, 2 nukes in Japan and war all over the place. However, I don't think we "deserved" it, evil isn't a solution to evil. And I like how he recognizes Palestine's struggle.

I said the same thing in my very first post of this thread:

There are harsh words, of course, but Rev. Jeremiah Wright is right on many issues.

:)

raiha
03-15-2008, 01:34 PM
I agree with every word Brother Jeremiah has said. And I've been saying it all for years, perhaps with not the same panache as Jeremiah. And I am as white as the driven snow!
Look at how many prisions, mental institutions, ghettos, opportunities (not many) are in America for the black man. They were given one form of slavery for another from their white massas.
The MSM should focus less on Jeremiah and Spitzer and more on getting Dubya's car out of the ditch! Bastards!

brandon
03-15-2008, 01:41 PM
I wish these damn people would just go back to Africa. No I dont mean black people, I mean the people who are obsessed with africa. You live in america now dumbass! If you really care so much about Africa then move there and spare us of your bullshit.

I cant believe any of you respect Obama. It makes me feel ill.

brandon
03-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Imagine if a white man belonged to an exclusively white church where the main goal was the advancement of the white race. Now imagine if this man tried to run for president. Think he would get very far?

Now turn the tables and you have Obama. Only difference, no one cares. White people are riddled with liberal white guilt and black people are full of nationalism.

And it is accepted as being ok and the way things should be.

New Governor Of Alaska
03-15-2008, 01:57 PM
I agree with every word Brother Jeremiah has said. And I've been saying it all for years, perhaps with not the same panache as Jeremiah. And I am as white as the driven snow!

Raiha, I think I know why the neo-con media is bashing Dr. Jeremiah Wright.
Here's a quote from the Trinity church site:

• We [African Americans] were always seen as objects. When we started defining ourselves, it scared those who try to control others by naming them and defining them for them; Oppressors do not like “others” defining themselves.

Source - http://www.tucc.org/talking_points.htm

The neo-con media is an oppressor.

Look at how many prisions, mental institutions, ghettos, opportunities (not many) are in America for the black man. They were given one form of slavery for another from their white massas.
The MSM should focus less on Jeremiah and Spitzer and more on getting Dubya's car out of the ditch! Bastards!

The Zionists/neo-cons want to keep down everyone. The Zionists want to destroy both Blacks and Whites. Their goal is to mix all races up in order to create one mindless tribe of new people with no heritage of their own.

I wish these damn people would just go back to Africa. No I dont mean black people, I mean the people who are obsessed with africa. You live in america now dumbass! If you really care so much about Africa then move there and spare us of your bullshit.

I cant believe any of you respect Obama. It makes me feel ill.

Did Fox-News people ask you to write this stuff? :)

raiha
03-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Yeah and I don't live in the US. I live in a Blinker Free Zone. Where people have two eyes which means they are not ONE-eyed!:) :cool:

TurtleBurger
03-15-2008, 03:02 PM
I agreed with every "damned" word that preacher said in the comments in question. His only problem is he chose to support the wrong candidate.

dawnbt
03-15-2008, 03:16 PM

That's about it.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
03-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Its funny watching the news pundits act as if they have no idea what he is talking about when he says America is a racist country. Hell, we just started letting black people drink out of the same water fountains a little over 40 years ago.

maqsur
03-15-2008, 05:28 PM
All this hooplah about Wright's statements, reminds me of the whole 'scandal' that was foisted on Ron Paul earlier this year.

Remember the thing about Don Black and his donations? Remember the big deal made about 9-11 truthers supporting Ron Paul? Remember how people discredit Ron Paul because he goes on A. Jones radio show?

It's all guilt by association. Think about it, how many of us know people, are friends with people, or even have family members with viewpoints that would be considered wrong, etc, yet we still associate with said people. Does that mean we endorse what they have to say necessarily, or vice versa?

I am not an Obama supporter. I think he is just more of the same: more 'right' wars, more intervention, and lots of domestic spending. Not to mention all the political correctness being clobbered over everyone's head when trying to criticise him, or anyone else.

But let's be fair here; whatever Wright's views are (and some of what he said is not incorrect - the parts about our foreign policy and the racism inflicted by our own government), that does not mean that Obama agrees with everything.

As other posters have said, Obama's positions are easily criticised and debatable. No need for guilt by association (which is unfair, just as it was when it was done to Ron Paul or anyone else).

* On another note, in agreement with an earlier post - his speeches are definitely empty rhetoric. Every time his speeches would be aired by the media (which SNL accurately spoofed as being in bed with Obama), I keep screaming at the TV: "What the hell is 'change'?

DAFTEK
03-15-2008, 06:03 PM
QFT People! Once Obamba gets smeared out then we can agree with that pastor but for now i say F-U OBOMBA :p

stilltrying
03-15-2008, 06:15 PM
I dont care which candidate you listen to other than Ron Paul, all that they can do is tell lies. Every bit and piece of breathe coming out of their mouths is lies which told often enough become truth as in orwells 1984. I was in my bank today and CNN was on so I watched and a guy was interviewed about oil being traded in non dollars and that could mean --- (sorry cut to commercial) right in mid speech. So I sat and listened to a few more lies before I had to go outside and save myself from vomiting.

It sounds to me as if Wright is tired of the lies of Obama and is not supporting him either which is a good thing but then I guess he will support no one because I dont foresee him voting for whitie. So be it, unfortunately its his and his churches loss that they don't see a true peoples choice in RP who has twice as much integrity and passion for the people as all of the government workers lumped in together.

At least Preacher Wright came out into the public about zionism and the death mongers running the country. Hes not on our side but at least he will definitely oppose the elites ruining this country.

TurtleBurger
03-15-2008, 06:24 PM
At least Preacher Wright came out into the public about zionism and the death mongers running the country. Hes not on our side but at least he will definitely oppose the elites ruining this country.

Exactly! We need more Rev. Wrights in this country. Even if they don't support Ron Paul, at least they make their congregations uncomfortable with the status quo.

DAFTEK
03-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Exactly! We need more Rev. Wrights in this country. Even if they don't support Ron Paul, at least they make their congregations uncomfortable with the status quo.

No we don't, not like him! The guy blames the White man for all the fucked up things going on in the world! I don't disagree with him on the issues and i have to admit but blaming the white man, not that the white man is not responsible but he would gain more if he did not blame everything on the white race, thats nothing but another Hitler to me blaming the Jews for everything. Come on give me a brake, if he was a smart pastor or con man as most of them are making fortunes on the sad and poor souls or whatever you want to call him he could have just scream all that blame on the American Government! I JUST HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT DUSHBAG CALLING GOD DAMN AMERICA AS A WHOLE :THE PEOPLE: KKK WHITE MAN DID IT CRAP! Otherwise i agree about what he says as far as Israel, Japan, Palestine Africans Slavery and so on. Now AIDS. thats a bit far fetched thou. In any case fuck him and his golden boy south side Chicago con artist Obomba! :eek: OMG Did i just say that? The Obomba fans are going to flame me now.... :p

notcarljung
03-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Isn't it great when religion and racism mix together to form an exciting new kind of collective?

Hoffman
03-15-2008, 08:43 PM
The guilt by association thing kind of holds true here, where the church's separtist stance is concerned, this is Obama's church.

VoteForRonPaul
03-16-2008, 12:07 AM
I wished if Obama was like his Pastor. This man said nothing but the truth! And sadly the truth is hidden in the hot topic!
Yes every one has the right to love his country but to be Ron Paul's supporter and be proud of your country in the 20 and 21st century, that is what I have to call so wrong!

angelatc
03-16-2008, 12:49 AM

The clip I heard them playing was the preacher having the audacity to insist that America's foreign policy was the reason that 9/11 happened.

raiha
03-16-2008, 04:32 AM
I agreed with every "damned" word that preacher said in the comments in question. His only problem is he chose to support the wrong candidate.

You got it Turtleburger.

CountryboyRonPaul
03-16-2008, 01:43 PM
but to be Ron Paul's supporter and be proud of your country in the 20 and 21st century, that is what I have to call so wrong!

I think there is an enormous amount to be proud of in the 20th and 21st Centuries.

However, I can find no such pride among the American Government in those two centuries.

I love my country, and it is for that exact reason that I hate our Government so much.

Malakai0
03-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Good for the pastor, I completely agree.

sophocles07
03-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Wright's right (on most of what he says); didn't Hagee just say we should bomb Iran? Why is the former an issue?

New Governor Of Alaska
03-17-2008, 10:14 AM
I noticed that Fox-News still attacks Rev. Wrights. They just enjoying it...