PDA

View Full Version : Axel Springer-Germany denounces Ron Paul

Carole
03-14-2008, 01:19 AM
I found this when researching this Springer guy.

"Axel Springer, through their newspaper "Dziennik", attacked Ron Paul - compared him to this retarded Kononowicz fellow who was the laughing stock of the Polish 2005 election. In their article they called Paul "The American Kononowicz", "ultra-populist" and "a crazy grandpa from Texas".. "LibertyUPR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxlO6tLV2GE

I get the impression Springer is like the German Rupert Murdoch and largest media guy in Germany with a lot of power.

I am trying to find online info about him. Does anyone know if he would be like the German MSM version of our MSM?

Reason is some very close Christian relatives sent me an article from one of his papers:

A GERMAN EDITORIAL
http://asmalldoseofreality.bloghi.com/tag/AG

My relatives basically did not like something I sent to them about our "shadow government" and seem to think this Iraq war is justified because Muslims want to rule the world. I just want to know if anyone has any info on Alex Springer and his media empire.

I plan to send them in response this great documentary:

How the End Began: Part 1-12 (by Filmguy2007)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2rrzAnyakiA

Thanks for any good (dirt)- uh-info on Springer>

thuja
03-14-2008, 01:59 AM
this is odd. Ron Paul has a very large approval overseas in many countries.

Truth Warrior
03-14-2008, 02:08 AM
Gee Axel, if that's how you really feel then just don't vote for Ron. :p

voytechs
03-14-2008, 02:24 AM
this is odd. Ron Paul has a very large approval overseas in many countries.

Yeah, but Europe has a major MSM blackout on him as well. My parents live in Poland and notta on TV about Ron Paul. There are news articles about him, they still have a few non neo-con newspapers left that talk about him, but average joe has no clue who Ron Paul is. The black out is global.

Promo
03-14-2008, 06:11 AM
I live in Switzerland and I have to say that there's pretty much a complete blackout here too... :(

As for the german guy, I don't know him and I have not even ever heard of a "Dziennik" newspaper.

jason43
03-14-2008, 06:24 AM
I loved in Germany for almost 4 years and never heard of that paper either.... of course, thats probably because after looking it up, its a polish paper...

CUnknown
03-14-2008, 06:53 AM
I find it odd that someone from Poland would go out of their way to dis Ron Paul. People are talking about a media blackout on Paul in Europe, but why should they really discuss him at all? We don't discuss candidates from their countries that get 5% of the vote... So, bringing him up at all would be unusual imo, but bringing him up to bash him is even stranger.

I'm not sure what I'm saying, except that it fits the pattern. If you bring him up at all in the media, bash him. That is the MO of media outlets it seems. But as far as a "blackout", that is a little silly to complain about imo. I think he should be brought up more in America, but why other countries would care about any 2nd tier candidate from the US, I have no idea.

Rahl
03-14-2008, 07:07 AM
"Springer Verlag" is the biggest german newspaper "producer" (couldn't find a better word).

Sorta like Rupert Murdoch lite.
"Dziennik" appears to be a polish newspaper of them.
From their homepage http://www.axelspringer.de
"170 Zeitungen und Zeitschriften in 33 Ländern, 9 733 Mitarbeitern, einem Gesamtumsatz von 2 376 Mio. Euro"

170 newspapers in 33 countries, 9733 emloyees, total sales worth 2376 million € (surplus 374 million) a year.

Promo
03-14-2008, 07:56 AM
How could I miss that, you're right, Springer Verlag is definitely a very well known publisher

Knut Schreiber
03-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Gee Axel, if that's how you really feel then just don't vote for Ron. :p

He won't, he is dead ;) Unfortunately his media empire lives on.

Ron Paul isn't getting better coverage outside the US. Don't fool yourself, there are many Ron Paul supporters oustide the US, but they are a huge minority. We are just more vocal than your average sheep. Ron Paul was left out almost completely in national German media (which is dominated by Axel Springer company). It was at best like this: "Oh, and Ron Paul a crazy old man from Texas who has no chance at all was there, too." I guess over 95% of Germans don't know anything about Ron Paul. Unless you belong to the small Libertarian group in Germany or follow some other outsider blogs you will hardly come across Ron Paul. It's all about Obama here. If Germany elected the US president he would get like 90%.

Rahl
03-14-2008, 08:15 AM

Ron Paul isn't getting better coverage outside the US. Don't fool yourself, there are many Ron Paul supporters oustide the US, but they are a huge minority. We are just more vocal than your average sheep. Ron Paul was left out almost completely in national German media (which is dominated by Axel Springer company). It was at best like this: "Oh, and Ron Paul a crazy old man from Texas who has no chance at all was there, too." I guess over 95% of Germans don't know anything about Ron Paul. Unless you belong to the small Libertarian group in Germany or follow some other outsider blogs you will hardly come across Ron Paul. It's all about Obama here. If Germany elected the US president he would get like 90%.

same situation in austria (and probably the rest of europe)

kimo
03-14-2008, 09:56 AM

Same in Denmark. That`s why we try so hard to spread message around.
But when they give more time to "learn" him (Dr. RP), ppl. get very exited and popularity polls shows a clear picture of that.

Mr. White
03-14-2008, 10:06 AM

I will refrain from making historical comparisons.