PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding delegate ladder.

Zera
03-13-2008, 09:55 PM
I have a question. I know that people can easily become county delegates by just signing up, but how are state and national delegates chosen? I need to know to help bring some hope to my friend who thinks Paul has lost all chances.

nate895
03-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Depends on the state. Most you register to be on the ballot at the proper convention, then get there and make a short speech, then sit back down and hope there are enough Ron Paul/crossover votes for you to win.

Banana
03-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Well, this really depend on each state party's rules.

You should go to greenpapers.com and find out how they elect delegates. In some states, state and national delegates are directly elected on the ballots, in other, by caucus/conventions, in yet others, by officials, and probably more.

First step is to get the website for your state party (usually state's abberviation then gop.com, I believe), then find if they have a section explaining the delegate selection process. Then go to Ronpaul2008.com and click on States to get contact information for meetups within your own state and get connected with other people.

Zera
03-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Ah... So flooding every county convention would help getting state delegates for Paul... But what about national delegates for the convention?

I hope the people don't reveal they're Paul supporters in their speeches. Something like, "I support the GOP platform" or "I just don't want a Democrat in office" would be much better.

Banana
03-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Again, depends on the state party rules. National delegates may be selected at state convention or directly on ballot or by officials or some kind of exotic combination and a bit of hocus pocus.

Zera
03-13-2008, 10:09 PM
As long as Paul supporters flood their local conventions and a good amount get into the state convention, I'm sure most of the national delegates in that state will be Paul supporters.

Come on guys, we can pull this off!

nate895
03-13-2008, 10:12 PM
As long as Paul supporters flood their local conventions and a good amount get into the state convention, I'm sure most of the national delegates in that state will be Paul supporters.

Come on guys, we can pull this off!

The majority will be all we need because a delegate needs a majority vote to pass on.