PDA

View Full Version : Tom Daschle, Healthcare should be run Like Banking

Change
03-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Tom Daschle hawks book and the candidate he supports for the Democrat Race on Cable News a few days ago, (would love video clip, but I don't remember which network, I think it was MSNBC). He said that the government should set up a healthcare system like the Federal Reserve Banking system.

Oh my....Did we Americans just bail that Banking Industry OUT. An elite group of decision makers with a private/government finanical interest, NO THANKS Tom.

Thanehand
03-13-2008, 12:39 PM
So instead of destroying the dollar, they'll be destroying our physical health. And there will be no accountability. Lovely.

AlbemarleNC0003
03-13-2008, 03:17 PM
He said the same thing on the Daily Show on Comedy Central. It's the first time in forever that I laughed.

Change
03-13-2008, 07:55 PM
It would be great to the the clip of his hawking that idea! It's a perfect promo to educate the public.

wasaka
03-13-2008, 10:42 PM
He said the same thing on the Daily Show on Comedy Central. It's the first time in forever that I laughed.

That is funny. I'd love to see the YouTube.
If anyone can find it, please post it to:
www.reclaim.org for others to enjoy!

/mark

IPSecure
03-13-2008, 11:04 PM
http://tv.popcrunch.com/senator-tom-daschle-on-march-6-the-daily-show-video/

He is a 'Super Delegate'... Found out a month ago... Informed by 'The Party Chairman' - Howard Dean!

JaylieWoW
03-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Oh my....Did we Americans just bail that Banking Industry OUT. An elite group of decision makers with a private/government finanical interest, NO THANKS Tom.

Recently my husband & I screwed up our bank account pretty bad (well, we were $27.00 short). Since we are NEVER overdrawn we had no idea what a nightmare it could turn out to be. That $27 was SEVERAL very small transactions. We found out from the bank that they do all debit card transactions from the HIGHEST to the SMALLEST. What this means is they get to assess the MAXIMUM overdraft fee against you. That little $27 mistake ended up costing us $264!!!

I know this is off topic but I am pretty freaking steamed about taxpayers bailing out banks to the tune of MILLIONS (or is it BILLIONS??!!) and my own bank is unable to forgive me for a freaking $27 error. For the record, we've had this same account for almost 10 years. F-ing crooks is what they are!! Damn it makes me so mad!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Truth Warrior
03-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Health care from thin air? Sounds like Daschle. :p