PDA

View Full Version : From Daily Paul Call to Action

bucfish
03-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Congressman Paul has comprehensive legislation that would put an end to the unconstitutional bills being passed on Capitol Hill. One wonders why it's "languishing with only 2 or 3 co-sponsors".

We can get delegates, get Ron Paul candidates to run for office, pass out educational material and rally. Yet, why is it we can't call our Representatives and tell them to co-sponsor Ron Paul's Legislation? They have to be told (not asked) to co-sponsor this legislation and be reminded that "we voted them in and we can vote them out".

This isn't about "political preferences", "political expediency" etc. This is about the constitution, which they are sworn to "uphold, protect and defend against any enemies foreign and domestic" It is a fact the majority of our elected officials lack the even the most rudimentary knowledge of the constitution. Did you know that 70% of the legislation passed by Congress is unconstitutional? That's 70%!! . A great book to read, as a start is, "What You Should Know About the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights" by Dr. John Coleman (Constitutional Scholar of over 25 years).

I spoke with Ron Paul's congressional office today. We need to call our Representatives and tell them to co-sponsor these bills. I was told that these 2 were "very important":

H.R. 1146 - "American Sovereignty Restoration Act of 2007" which would get the U.S. out of the United Nations. Currently, it only has 3 co-sponsors. This bill is currently in the House Foreign Affairs Committee. (This would put an end to Obama's "Global Poverty Tax of 2007" and the Convention of the Law of the Sea Treaty (103-39) which they are trying to "backdoor" thru Obama's bill),

H.R. 3835 - "American Freedom Agenda Act of 2007" repeals the Patriot Act, restores Habeas Corpus etc. This has only 2 co-sponsors and has been referred to the sub-committee on the Constitution, Civil Rights and Civil Liberties.

I know we "can walk and chew gum at the same time". How long does it take to make a phone call to your Representatives? The SAVE Act is going to be passed this week due to "phones ringing of the hook" and sheer persistence and insistence. Remember, they are up for election now and they are going to need votes.

I've already called my Congressman regarding these. I've also e-mailed him. I plan to make my calls to him a "morning routine".

We can do this. Let's not let them marginalize him anymore and show them that he has a "revolution" behind him. We're the only ones who can get the co-sponsors needed for these bills.

pinkmandy
03-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Now this should be in grassroots. :)