PDA

View Full Version : U.S. gold hits $1,000 record high (I hope you own Gold)

FrankRep
03-13-2008, 07:59 AM
I hope you listened to Ron Paul and invested in some Gold!

U.S. gold hits $1,000 record high

Reuters
March 13, 2008

NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. gold futures rallied to a record high of $1,000 an ounce on Thursday, fueled by a combination of a weakening dollar, strong investment demand and inflation fears due to rising crude oil prices.

At 8:27 a.m. EDT, the active contract for April delivery was up $17.30 or 1.7 percent at $997.70 an ounce. Just minutes earlier, it had hit an all-time high of $1,000 on the COMEX division of the New York Mercantile Exchange.

SOURCE:
http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/080313/markets_gold.html

ItsTime
03-13-2008, 08:01 AM
Im to scared to buy now. I think the bubble is about to burst. I have luck like that, the second I buy the second it starts going down.

dsentell
03-13-2008, 08:01 AM
I have a little, not NEARLY enough!

dsentell
03-13-2008, 08:02 AM
Im to scared to buy now. I think the bubble is about to burst. I have luck like that, the second I buy the second it starts going down.

It won't being going down until the dollar stabilizes . . . When do you think that might be . . . . ?

angelatc
03-13-2008, 08:04 AM
Hahahaha! Looks like that 200 billion that the Feds pumped in lasted about 2 days. :)

Market's down 193.

FrankRep
03-13-2008, 08:04 AM

Do you have information about a "gold bubble"?

The devaluation of the dollar tends to make gold prices rise, plus countries are fighting to get their hands on more gold.

dsentell
03-13-2008, 08:06 AM
Hahahaha! Looks like that 200 billion that the Feds pumped in lasted about 2 days. :)

Market's down 193.

That's not bad, only 100 billion a day . . . !

ItsTime
03-13-2008, 08:08 AM
What info do you want? Gold prices are about the same as they were in the 70s and then it prices went way down.

I do not think the dollar will be stable any time soon :(

Guess I should buy..

Do you have information about a "gold bubble"?

The devaluation of the dollar tends to make gold prices rise, plus countries are fighting to get their hands on more gold.

dsentell
03-13-2008, 08:12 AM
What info do you want? Gold prices are about the same as they were in the 70s and then it prices went way down.

I do not think the dollar will be stable any time soon :(

Guess I should buy..

Don't know if you have ever heard of Sean David Morton, he has made a fortune on the markets and historically his predictions have been pretty uncanny. Anyway, Tuesday night I heard him predict that silver would be around $30 by the end of the year and gold would be around $1,225 . . .

Just going by his figures, seems to me silver would be the way to go . . .

ARealConservative
03-13-2008, 08:18 AM

buy!

If gold goes down, then oil prices will also go down, as will food, housing, etc, etc.

Then you will have plenty of spare money to now buy gold at a much cheaper price.

FrankRep
03-13-2008, 08:37 AM
buy!

If gold goes down, then oil prices will also go down, as will food, housing, etc, etc.

Then you will have plenty of spare money to now buy gold at a much cheaper price.

Right, even if gold prices go down, you will be able to buy cheaper products and fuel to make up for the loss.

The question is: Will the value of the dollar get repaired any time soon?

pickdog
03-13-2008, 08:42 AM
nope - the Feds hace decided to sacrifice the dollar in the hopes of saving the banks.

I have a nice stash of both silver and gold. One of my favorite sites say Gold to hit 1650.00. Personally, I think it will go much higher if the Feds continue their antics.

http://www.jsmineset.com/

dsentell
03-13-2008, 08:43 AM
The question is: Will the value of the dollar get repaired any time soon?

Unfortunately, I do not see the value of the dollar EVER getting "repaired".

I think this is all part of the plan to implement the North American Union. Destroy the dollar, then introduce a wonderful new currency, the Amero, which we will share with Mexico and Canada. I have read many reports that Ameros are already being printed in Denver.

On more than one occasion, RP has remarked about the Fed's "intentional" devaluation of the dollar. I agree. Intentional and part of a larger plan.

IcyPeaceMaker
03-13-2008, 08:45 AM
I have about 50 gold coins at 1 oz. each, that's a good number for me.

The axiom is: When the economy falls, gold rises, so there is some more gains to be made in gold, the bad news is just beginning on the market front.

IcyPeaceMaker
03-13-2008, 09:36 AM
The prices of precious metals seems to be comming down, meaning demand is falling:
http://www.kitconet.com/