PDA

View Full Version : One way to turn Republicans into Ronpaulicans.

noxagol
08-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Well, I was talking to a pro-war republican today who didn't like the idea of Ron Paul's anti-war stance. So, I appealed to his hatred of Democrats. I told him that if a Republican gets up there and people think they are a bush clone, which most are, then the Democrats will win simply because they are not Republicans.

He thought about this for a bit, and said, wow you are right! He now supports Ron Paul just because of the fact that he thinks Ron Paul is the only one who can beat the Democrats. He might not support him like we do, but a vote is a vote.

Try this next time you get into it with a pro-war person.

Spirit of '76
08-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Funny, I just finished writing an article on that. I don't think it's been approved for syndication yet, but I think you can still view it:

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=35398

noxagol
08-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Pretty good stuff there man. Sums up my feelings. The ONLY way Republicans will win is if Ron Paul is nominated. And if he gets nominated he WILL win. The Democrats simply don't hold a candle, even a meager spark, even amongst the poor. Get rid of the income tax and allow me to get out of paying social security and keep my whole paycheck, fucking right!

Spirit of '76
08-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Thanks.

You're absolutely right. I just hope the leadership of the Republican Party wakes up before it's too late.

Shellshock1918
08-17-2007, 11:47 PM
Well, I was talking to a pro-war republican today who didn't like the idea of Ron Paul's anti-war stance. So, I appealed to his hatred of Democrats. I told him that if a Republican gets up there and people think they are a bush clone, which most are, then the Democrats will win simply because they are not Republicans.

He thought about this for a bit, and said, wow you are right! He now supports Ron Paul just because of the fact that he thinks Ron Paul is the only one who can beat the Democrats. He might not support him like we do, but a vote is a vote.

Try this next time you get into it with a pro-war person.

Exactly. A Pro-war Republican cannot win in '08.

Richie
08-17-2007, 11:49 PM
My thoughts exactly! The Republicans WILL lose in '08 if they don't nominate Ron Paul. It's as simple as that. And it serves them right.

noxagol
08-18-2007, 12:54 AM
My thoughts exactly! The Republicans WILL lose in '08 if they don't nominate Ron Paul. It's as simple as that. And it serves them right.

Certainly does. Ron Paul thinks so too, according to the Colbert report.

fj45lvr
08-18-2007, 08:57 AM
One thing you guys are overlooking:

the "surprise" terrorist attack coming soon.

10thAmendmentMan
08-18-2007, 09:06 AM
A modified argument can be used for lots of Democrats. If they're satisfied with whomever the Dems are going to nominate, then tell them to re-register Republican and vote for Ron Paul. If Paul wins the primary, that essentially eliminates the war issue; whoever gets elected will likely move to get out of Iraq.

Wyurm
08-18-2007, 09:09 AM
One thing you guys are overlooking:

the "surprise" terrorist attack coming soon.

They all said before Sept. Thats only 12 days away, so either they messed it up, they were only praying and nothing came of it, or they want to tease everyone and do it at the end of the month.

The thing is, it might not work like they think it will. Its kinda like a tossed coin, for they think it will turn people against the war, but with RP talking about our bad foreign policies and how we really need to leave Iraq and now many others starting to agree. I think alot of people might see it as proof that RP and the others are right and that Bush's war has made us horribly vulnerable by allowing anyone into the country and reducing our security at home.

noxagol
08-18-2007, 09:11 AM
A modified argument can be used for lots of Democrats. If they're satisfied with whomever the Dems are going to nominate, then tell them to re-register Republican and vote for Ron Paul. If Paul wins the primary, that essentially eliminates the war issue; whoever gets elected will likely move to get out of Iraq.

I like that.