PDA

View Full Version : Delegate Story

wsc321
03-12-2008, 01:15 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8VC1K901.html

I wish I could say this surprises me...

Perhaps this is evidence the RP Delegates are indeed a threat? IOW - that's why the AP is now trying to paint Ron Paul delegates as racist... of course, we know ALL the delegates for ALL "normal" candidates are pure as the wind-driven snow, right?

RonPaulFanInGA
03-12-2008, 02:02 PM
The AP is pathetic. They keep churning out nothing stories like this. Don't they know that when you add a bunch of zeros together and you get, well, nothing?

Seriosuly, why the hell does Erik Schelzig and the Associated Press care?

Wow according to the article, he had to be approved by the campaign to be a delegate. The state approves their eligibility, NOT the campaign.

http://i26.tinypic.com/5l47ef.jpg

Sandra
03-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Wow according to the article, he had to be approved by the campaign to be a delegate. The state approves their eligibility, NOT the campaign.

acptulsa
03-12-2008, 02:26 PM

That's absolutely right. Is this story being carried by enough news outlets to justify an email bomb?

Maybe if we bomb each news outlet it will scare them all off of the AP sufficiently that the AP will either factcheck better or leave Dr. Paul the hell alone. Can we post here all outlets carrying this piece of smear?

Banana
03-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Also, the article concludes saying that none of RP delegates will go to convention... is that accurate?

RonPaulFanInGA
03-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Also, the article concludes saying that none of RP delegates will go to convention... is that accurate?

None of Ron Paul's Tennessee delegates. Paul probably didn't get enough votes in Tennessee to get any delegates from that state is my guess.

Banana
03-12-2008, 02:53 PM
RonPaulFanInGA,

Sorry, I left out the Tennessee part- didn't mean to imply he had no delegates at all. I also asked because I don't know if Tennessee get to elect delegates via conventions (where Paul potentially could get some supporters in) or directly by ballot or something like that.

nate895
03-12-2008, 10:04 PM
RonPaulFanInGA,

Sorry, I left out the Tennessee part- didn't mean to imply he had no delegates at all. I also asked because I don't know if Tennessee get to elect delegates via conventions (where Paul potentially could get some supporters in) or directly by ballot or something like that.

They are one of the 6 states to elect delegates at a primary directly. Illinois and Pennsylvania elect them at the Presidential Primary, and are unconnected to any candidate and are unbound Tennessee, Rhode Island, and Maryland attach the delegates from each candidate to their delegate spots. New Jersey elects their delegates at their Congressional Primary in June.

Johncjackson
03-16-2008, 05:27 PM
FWIW, This guy was known as a white nationalist ( or whatever you wanna call it) probably a year ago. He posted on Meetups and other places as 'White Will" and there was some controversy and bannings way back then.

GoPaul08
03-16-2008, 10:53 PM
It doesn't say anything to imply that othe candidates delegates are all clean.

Complaning about this is EXTREMELY hypocritical since you have no problem reporting on any little insigniciant negative story on other candidates.

Don't be hypocrites.