PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to boycott ABC?

dseisner
08-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Are you going to boycott Mark Levin, people who advertise on his show, abc, and disney? Or a combination? Or nobody?

tmg19103
08-17-2007, 08:54 PM
damn straight

shrugged0106
08-17-2007, 08:55 PM
yes

Spirit of '76
08-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Sure, why not. :D

angelatc
08-17-2007, 08:56 PM
What? No sex enhancers or bad investment deals? Whatever shall I do?

Richie
08-17-2007, 09:24 PM
I don't buy Disney products or listen to ABC. Do I count?

American
08-17-2007, 09:28 PM
They will never know we are boycotting, I would email the show and bombard them, fill up there email boxes letting them know this isnt the best course they have chosen to take.

Wyurm
08-17-2007, 09:56 PM
They will never know we are boycotting, I would email the show and bombard them, fill up there email boxes letting them know this isnt the best course they have chosen to take.

there are addresses and other info here: http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12792

They will know.

jj111
08-17-2007, 10:04 PM
This idiot's listenership must be less than 10 listeners a show. If we all listen to his show and list all his advertisers, we will be giving his advertisers MORE listeners and MORE name recognition. All this activity and attention could backfire and make this loser think he's winning. Same with the advertisers. I say back off, unless you get word from HQ people that this is creating a serious problem at HQ. If this is not a serious problem at HQ, then I think you all should back off, allow this man his freedom of speech, and forget about this pathetic loser.

quickmike
08-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Seems to me instead of wasting time on boycots and other empty jestures, we need to focus on getting the word out in the real world to people who dont know Ron Paul even exists as a presidential candidate, and believe me, there are lots of em. I dont listen to dickheads like Mark Levin in the first place. If you cant go through the MSM (which should be obvious to everyone by now) you go around them.

Even if there were a 100% boycot of ABC news in general by all Ron Paul supporters, that wouldnt even make up 1/10th of 1% of their total viewership. We need to get that number much much higer before we even start wasting valuable energy focusing on token jestures like this. Its just valuable energy wasted........... I can hear the clock ticking, and time is running out. Better get out there and spread the word folks!! TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

jj111
08-17-2007, 10:14 PM
Seems to me instead of wasting time on boycots and other empty jestures, we need to focus on getting the word out in the real world to people who dont know Ron Paul even exists as a presidential candidate, and believe me, there are lots of em. I dont listen to dickheads like Mark Levin in the first place. If you cant go through the MSM (which should be obvious to everyone by now) you go around them.

Even if there were a 100% boycot of ABC news in general by all Ron Paul supporters, that wouldnt even make up 1/10th of 1% of their total viewership. We need to get that number much much higer before we even start wasting valuable energy focusing on token jestures like this. Its just valuable energy wasted........... I can hear the clock ticking, and time is running out. Better get out there and spread the word folks!! TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

Agreed. If you escalate this will be another Vietnam or Iraq War - a quagmire.

quickmike
08-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Agreed. If you escalate this will be another Vietnam or Iraq War - a quagmire.

Yep, if Ron Paul were leading in the polls and there were a concerted effort to boycot, they would listen then. Right now they dont give a damn. First things first people. If you cant spread the word and get more people onboard the RP train, theres no point in a boycot. You think those corporate tools are gonna suddenly say "wait, you know what. those RP supporters are right!!!!!" Get real.

tmg19103
08-17-2007, 10:26 PM
As long as this bozo, who happens to have a couple million listeners, has that link on the main page of his website to harass RP's staff at his HQ and thus hurt the campaign and RP's ability to run his congressional office, this idiot needs to be taken to task.

Email ABC per the other thread and call Monday during his show 6-8 EST indicating a boycott of ABC, Disney and his sponsors by all Ron Paul supporters, as well as our families and friends.

If he takes down that post telling his millions of listeners to harass RP and say he can't win, then we back off.

Kregener
08-17-2007, 10:31 PM
I have a 5-year-old boycott going with ABC. This Levin has nothing to do with it. He has his right to free speech, just like he has a right to be an ass.

jj111
08-17-2007, 10:34 PM
I say call RP's office Monday and ask if it is a real problem for them. If it is not a real problem, then IGNORE this guy. Choose your battles wisely.

Man from La Mancha
08-17-2007, 10:45 PM

I think people are just letting off some steam and wait till Monday for the results. But if you look alot of the posters are doing an extreme amount of good for Paul already and right now so I don't see a problem in doing more. How about you, I see you have time to post here a lot and I bet you also have time to do things for Ron. IMO:)

quickmike
08-17-2007, 10:55 PM
I think people are just letting off some steam and wait till Monday for the results. But if you look alot of the posters are doing an extreme amount of good for Paul already and right now so I don't see a problem in doing more. How about you, I see you have time to post here a lot and I bet you also have time to do things for Ron. IMO:)

I go door to door handing out flyers every weekend about 100 a week. I mean, do whatever you want, but it just seems like a waste of time bothering with dipshits like Mark Levin. Its a free country though. I just personaly think that this stuff is what contributes to "burn out" in alot of Ron Paul supporters. Focus that mental energy on something productive i say. This is nothing but folly. But like I said, thats just me talking. In the real world how many people do each of us educate about Ron Paul on a daily basis? I know alot of people do, but I know alot of people just talk alot too and vote on internet polls and other aimless things. I guess I really just want to see Ron Paul have a real chance in a real election, and I dont see that happening unless EVERYONE gets out there and does something real and concrete. If I didnt have a business to run during the week, I guarantee you I would go to every house in Decatur, Il handing out flyers until every single person here at least knew the Ron Paul name and what he stood for. This is going to be the LAST chance were gonna have to do something like this for a very long time, and I suggest we all get more serious about it. Do what you want though.

ghemminger
08-17-2007, 10:55 PM
Mark Levin/ABC-Disney Blowback Day
Rat Says: Mark Levin, another little uber-neocon talk show host has declared war on Ron Paul. It appears that Mark’s show is part of ABC’s controlled media smear of Dr “No.” Mark claims he is fed up with Ron Paul supporters and so he is encouraging all of his listeners to call the campaign headquarters to harrass the workers and tell them Ron has no chance to win.

Well all’s fair in love and war, and this is political war, so I encourage people to call the Mark Levin Show and express your feelings about Mark’s attack on the Paul campaign, the number is (877) 381-3811. I imagine this is the listener call in number so it should be busy for most of the day. Not to fret, ABC is a large corporation and should have no problems fielding calls. Here is a link to multiple ABC-Disney executive offices and other affiliates of the corporations. Call them up and let them know Mark Levin hates our freedoms and hates his country. ABC-Disney contacts

ABC Television Network
Phone: 212-456-7777
77 West 66th Street, New York, NY 10023-6298

Robert Iger, President
Executive Offices: 818-560-1000

Kevin Brockman, VP for Publicity
Phone: 818-460-6655

ABC Audience Relations
Phone: 818-460-7477
[Must navigate phone tree, to leave a 30-second message
in their ‘specials’ voicemail box. Be sure to reference
‘the path to 9/11’ in your voicemail.]