PDA

View Full Version : The Next Stage of the Revolution

JimTrebek
03-12-2008, 01:20 AM
I'm somewhat of a lurker, but I've been a fervent supporter of Ron Paul throughout this campaign and I think that it is important at this point that we look back on the movement behind Ron Paul and decide what to do from here.

First off, remember the reason why you decided to support Ron Paul. Remember the reason why so many of us donated time and money to the campaign. I personally supported Ron Paul because his message rejected the status quo of corruption and greed and it stepped over the lines in the sand that often divide us and distract us from important matters. All of us had our own reasons, but we all knew that Ron Paul's message was good and it was worth fighting for. The fact that so many of us were able to come together and fight is the reason why we can take hope, because in the end, hope was what Ron Paul's message was all about.

Now, Ron Paul obviously did not do as well in the primary elections as we all would have liked. Whether the election results were valid or not, or whether Ron Paul will still get nominated at the convention or not, it is clear that we have not won the battle yet. We must continue to work for this cause we joined together for. This cause was never simply about getting Ron Paul elected. This cause is not simply about changing the government. This cause is about changing our society and our world into a better place. If we don't continue fighting for this cause, if we don't take what we learned from this campaign experience and come together again, then the campaign will have been for naught. But I think we can go on.

Just as we cannot hope to do anything if we don't act, I think we also need to have a clear plan of action for this movement, and for this I think we will need a new organization to front this movement. When we create this organization, we will need to keep in consideration many of the issues that came up during the campaign, both with the effectiveness of headquarters, the grassroots groups, and the communication throughout the movement. Perhaps all this organization needs to provide is a loose umbrella for many different otherwise independent groups, but it is clear that we need some way to link us together and to unite our purposes. One of the things that became clear during the campaign is the power that we each as individuals have and the power of the Internet as a tool for communication. We must learn to utilize these to the fullest extent, especially the Internet while we still are able to use it freely.

In this cause, we must also be able to see the big picture. While we may fight to win elections and other such things, I think it is most important that we recognize that the root of a great number of the problems we seek to fix lies in our society. Now, I'm not blaming these people themselves, but I think the fact that many people are trapped by things like ignorance and debt is a major reason why these problems continue, and that we must seek to solve these core problems in order to effectively allow for change as a whole. For example, I think that getting individual people and families to throw out the television will be much more effective than attacking the media directly.

Now, I speak to you as a young college student. As I'm finishing up school, I've been thinking a lot about upcoming decisions. It's been rather hard because I recognize that there are a lot of things that are wrong out there, and really want to be able to be a part of doing something about it, but I don't really know exactly how to go about it. I really hope that we will all be able to do something together, though. Anyways, I admit that I'm rather inexperienced and immature, so I'd really appreciate your feedback and input. Thank you.

humanic
03-12-2008, 01:37 AM
I agree with you completely, and have great news: the organization you are describing already exists! It was founded by G. Edward Griffin (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5544296709438960904&q=griffin+ron+paul&total=105&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1), author of The Creature From Jekyll Island, and it is called Freedom Force International.

http://www.freedomforceinternational.org
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958&q=idea+whose+time+has+come&total=298&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

JimTrebek
03-12-2008, 01:58 AM
I agree with you completely, and have great news: the organization you are describing already exists! It was founded by G. Edward Griffin (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5544296709438960904&q=griffin+ron+paul&total=105&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1), author of The Creature From Jekyll Island, and it is called Freedom Force International.

http://www.freedomforceinternational.org
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958&q=idea+whose+time+has+come&total=298&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

I've read a couple of his books but I didn't know about the organization... Seems interesting, though it looks like a lot is still under construction in the activities section.

Another point I'd like to make is that I think that we might to keep in mind that most people think "conspiracy theorist" = "nutjob", and while I tend to agree with his and other people's writings on the CFR and such (my parents are both members of the John Birch Society), I think that in order to help change our society as a whole, we might want to not associate ourselves directly with organizations like this and the JBS. I think we need to focus on getting people to really independently think about issues and come together to work for things we can all generally agree on. In short, I think we should play it safe while at the same time making sure we're doing an effective job towards the same goals.

humanic
03-12-2008, 02:28 AM
I've read a couple of his books but I didn't know about the organization... Seems interesting, though it looks like a lot is still under construction in the activities section.

Another point I'd like to make is that I think that we might to keep in mind that most people think "conspiracy theorist" = "nutjob", and while I tend to agree with his and other people's writings on the CFR and such (my parents are both members of the John Birch Society), I think that in order to help change our society as a whole, we might want to not associate ourselves directly with organizations like this and the JBS. I think we need to focus on getting people to really independently think about issues and come together to work for things we can all generally agree on. In other words, I think we should play it safe while at the same time making sure we're doing an effective job.

I understand your point, but I disagree. In his essay Future Calling (which can be found in the Issues section), Griffin presents documented facts, not theories, which explain the power struggle which we find ourselves in and which has shaped world events for decades now. It is in this context that Freedom Force's existence is necessitated.

Sun Tzu wrote, "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle." The fact of the matter is, the CFR is part of a conspiracy. I, for one, do not have any inclination to pretend otherwise just because I am in the minority at the moment for knowing this. It's not as though everyone in the world has looked at the writings of Bill Clinton's mentor and CFR historian Carol Quigley in which he explains the nature of this conspiracy and decided not to believe it; they simply do not know a thing about it. Besides, more important than the conspiratorial element is the ideological element. This is what is emphasized by Freedom Force: individualism vs collectivism. It is by understanding who our enemy is and what it is that they represent and of which we disapprove that we can understand who we are and what we stand for. Only then can we act effectively to regain control.

We are in the midst of a great awakening that is undoubtedly alarming to "the Establishment." The whole hypocritical rationale these people have for lording it over us is that they are a superior guardian class and we are like children, or sheep in need of a shepherd. This is true to an extent, but it is only because they have conditioned us that way, not because we are inferior. They have dumbed down the population by withholding important knowledge from us. I do not think the solution is to slow the momentum of this awakening because we are afraid of "scaring the children." We aren't children, and the only way we're going stop them from treating us like children is to stop treating each other that way. The solution is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, not just from a moral/philosophical point of view, but from a pragmatic one.

I'd encourage you to explore the Freedom Force site more, read parts 1 through 4 of Future Calling, and watch the video (Part 5). This is the answer. The time is right.

Part 1: The Chasm (http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/pdf/futurecalling1.pdf)
Part 2: Secret Organizations and Hidden Agendas (http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/pdf/futurecalling2.pdf)
Part 3: Days of Infamy (http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/pdf/futurecalling3.pdf)
Part 4: The War on Terrorism (http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/pdf/futurecalling4.pdf)
Part 5: An Idea Whose Hour Has Come (http://video.google.com/url?docid=6015291679758430958&esrc=sr1&ev=v&len=5017&q=idea%2Bwhose%2Btime&srcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.com%2Fvideoplay%3 Fdocid%3D6015291679758430958&vidurl=%2Fvideoplay%3Fdocid%3D6015291679758430958% 26q%3Didea%2Bwhose%2Btime%26total%3D606%26start%3D 0%26num%3D10%26so%3D0%26type%3Dsearch%26plindex%3D 0&usg=AL29H20_QDZxhTLRxTnUYrZjTjXRVEVqjQ)

Also, remember that, as you said, we need "a loose umbrella for many different otherwise independent groups." Freedom Force operates just like the CFR, from behind the scenes. While it is not a secret society, it "[links] us together and to unite our purposes" while we operate through other "front" organizations that are more publicly visible.

JimTrebek
03-12-2008, 03:28 AM
I, for one, do not have any inclination to pretend otherwise just because I am in the minority at the moment for knowing this. It's not as though everyone in the world has looked at the writings of Bill Clinton's mentor and CFR historian Carol Quigley in which he explains the nature of this conspiracy and decided not to believe it; they simply do not know a thing about it.

The problem I find is that a lot of people have preconceived biases against these ideas which cause them to reject their respective organizations as a whole without examination. Most people will stop taking you seriously. For example, in Ron Paul's case, it wasn't enough for him to simply get the message out there because many people wouldn't listen. Luckily, a lot of people did listen, but I think that the way other people think has to change before we can move on.

They have dumbed down the population by withholding important knowledge from us. I do not think the solution is to slow the momentum of this awakening because we are afraid of "scaring the children." We aren't children, and the only way we're going stop them from treating us like children is to stop treating each other that way. The solution is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, not just from a moral/philosophical point of view, but from a pragmatic one.

I think that the dumbing down of the population is more than a matter of information being withheld from them. We've got to look at this from a pragmatic perspective. I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with ignoring the details of the conspiracy and instead focusing on the central values, the things that we can agree on, because otherwise the movement cannot be taken seriously and grow to the level needed to actually combat the conspiracy.

Now, I'm not saying that these theories shouldn't be taken seriously, but we have to face the fact that all of these organizations and theories have been ridiculed beyond reason. It seems that it's true, especially in recent years with the Internet, that these ideas have found a much larger following, but we are still quite in the minority and in such a way that it could damage the movement.

Furthermore, we need to build this movement on core principles so that we can really be united. You could see this problem in the campaign over the Truther/Zionist issues. This was something that caused a lot of disagreement, wasted time, and it definitely tarred our and RP's reputation. If we are going to be an effective movement, we have got to decide that there is a time and a place for these kind of issues to be brought up, and now is not the time. We have got to push certain things aside if we are ever going to effectively change anything.

In the end, the fact is that by focusing on the core ideology of freedom, it will make no difference in our actions. The key difference is that we will all be able to stand behind it and make a much greater difference.

Also, remember that, as you said, we need "a loose umbrella for many different otherwise independent groups." Freedom Force operates just like the CFR, from behind the scenes. While it is not a secret society, it "[links] us together and to unite our purposes" while we operate through other "front" organizations that are more publicly visible.

Actually, I think that this organization should be the "front" of the movement. It should be what unites us. It should be our rallying banner, both for us inside and outside. It needs to be visible enough but as pristine as possible in order to prevent it from being ripped to shreds by the media. We can't have any way possible for it to be tarnished. I think this is why it needs to be something new, something with no previous associations.

JimTrebek
03-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Sorry to bump. I know that double posting is annoying, but I really would appreciate any more feedback.

Penners
03-12-2008, 02:22 PM
I would like to encourage everyone who is serious about furthering the ideas of the Revolution to visit

http://ronpaulambassadors.com/default.asp

Below is some information about their plans:

The Organization Structure...
Why form this Organization?

For Our Country - Ron Paul isn't a fad. The ideas that underlie his platform deserve promotion on every day of every year.

For Stability - Because independent grassroots, while powerful, tend to see their strength vacillate wildly or dissipate completely between election cycles. This organization will ensure that at least a core of the freedom movement stays strong, united and in communication no matter where we are in the election cycle and no matter who is running. It will also work to further educate our organization's members and mainstream Americans on the underlying issues and advocate activism even when their vote isn't needed for an election.

For Strength - Stable, powerful and professional national organizations who support certain issues and have large memberships signal candidates, the media and political parties that there is a group of people who they need to be listening to.

For Our Future - Organizations like ours instantly increase the perception of "viability" for candidates who may otherwise be instantly dismissed as fringe/long-shot candidates. By being in existence we make it more likely that people who would run on a platform in accordance with our organizational policies actually run.

For Convenience - Because some people have put off their lives for this movement. When this election cycle comes to a close they would happily join an organization that ensures America's continued exposure to these ideas and lets them set their involvement to whatever level is compatible with their other life goals. We will also keep them informed about upcoming candidates and legislation so they can rally when needed.

For Effectiveness - Even at peak strength there are certain initiatives that really struggle to take off from within grassroots networks. Many of the best grassroots initiatives take weeks or months longer than necessary to get going or never even get off the ground. Often, by the time they come to fruition they are really too late to achieve their initial goals or are too late to do so with the level of organization desired. With the aid the support base, experts and creative talent this organization will bring together, time-sensitive educational, advocacy and activism campaigns can go into place quickly on a national or local level.

That is not to say that the grassroots should not or cannot continue to carry out independent initiatives or that this organization wants to supplant those efforts. This organization will largely be addressing a problem commonly encountered by the grassroots: it is difficult to carry out grassroots initiatives requiring preexisting infrastructure; a well-designed website, large scale fund raising and banking, lawyers, groups of people that already have experience working with each other, strategists, graphic designers, video editors, marketing professionals, policy experts, media coordinators and writers.

What are Our Goals and Plans?

Marketing our organizational policies (the Constitution, the Federalist Papers, the Declaration of Independence and the rest of the tenants of a "Ron Paul Platform"... humble foreign policy, competing/gold-backed currency, strong national defense, immigration reform, the inflation tax, free markets, health choice, etc.) to Americans like they are a consumer product with positive branding, a simple initial presentation of the information, market research and careful design.

We will begin work on developing the following immediately:

High-quality, innovative and accurate advertising that educates Americans on the candidates who adhere to our organizational policies and educates them on the principles that underlie our policy statements. These initiatives may include but will not be limited to (print, television and internet); promotion of candidates who we endorse, comparing candidates who we endorse to other candidates, comparing multiple candidates to each other on issues that are relevant to our organizational policy statements, explaining our founding documents, explaining the effect of policy decisions on Americans and our country, explaining upcoming legislation and advocating support or opposition.

A well-crafted, intuitive website with a simple follow-up interface that allows those who come to our site after viewing our print or television ads to easily find the information they are looking for. The consulting panel of credentialed experts we build will help us break complex political and economical issues into multiple levels. That way we can reach out with a very simple initial level of information and then provide people who we bring to our site with multiple choices as to how deeply they want to dig into the issue or an incremental movement through all levels, they have control. The site will also provide members and those who already support the platform with a place to send friends and family that will answer their questions and shepherd them into a true understanding of the issues. Members can go to the site for a refresher course or to learn more about the issues. Every educational or advocacy initiative will have its own clearly linked-to area on the website and be presented not only as text in levels but with accompanying graphs, charts, interesting facts, cartoons, comparisons and other features that will clearly illustrate the issue at hand.

What is being done?

Right now we are working with our legal team, headed by Bradley Smith to get the Federal Tax structures into place for this organization.

Work to draft the bylaws and set the organizational structure into place is in progress.

A name has been chosen with your suggestions and help from our marketing team.

The marketing/branding professionals at mottoagency.com are reviewing the name that has been chosen, our organizational goals and policies and are working to create a logo and other initial branding that will help us to reach out effectively and grow as an organization.

A new website for the organization is under development.

What can You do?

Visit: RonPaulAmbassadors.com to sign up for our email updates so we can keep you informed as to our progress. You will be emailed a special invitation to preview and comment on our new website, name and logo before the general public is invited. At that time you will have the opportunity to sign up as one of our organization's first members.

Donate to form the Legal Entity : Donating now will ensure the future of this organization. By helping us build on a firm legal foundation with the help of our highly qualified law team you can be assured that the FEC will not be able to derail our organization.

Donate to fund the Corporate Identity: Donating now will ensure that we have the professional appearance needed to make the right first impression on visitors, which will result in more members and more donors. As soon as our public campaigns begin this logo will help lodge our organization in the minds of those who view our materials so that they will visit our website to sign up for our free educational campaigns.

Let us know if you are a credentialed expert in any of our organizational policy areas and are interested in becoming a member of our Policy Advisory Board. In addition feel free to refer anyone you feel is qualified to become a member of our Policy Advisory Board.

Give us your feedback on the information we have provided, make suggestions, email us with further inquiries, volunteer if you want to help us grow. We'll be looking to appoint regional and local charter directors as the organization grows, so let us know if you would be interested in coordinating a group locally.

Spread the Word: Tell your friends who are already a part of the movement about this organization and encourage them to sign up for our email updates. We aren't ready for mainstream America yet but with your help we will be soon.

Thank you for your time! We look forward to growing with you. .

Katharine Memole, Founder
Katharine@RonPaulAmbassadors.com
(412) 805-9543

dirknb@hotmail.com
03-12-2008, 03:36 PM

Another point I'd like to make is that I think that we might to keep in mind that most people think "conspiracy theorist" = "nutjob", and while I tend to agree with his and other people's writings on the CFR and such (my parents are both members of the John Birch Society), I think that in order to help change our society as a whole, we might want to not associate ourselves directly with organizations like this and the JBS. I think we need to focus on getting people to really independently think about issues and come together to work for things we can all generally agree on. In short, I think we should play it safe while at the same time making sure we're doing an effective job towards the same goals.

You need to keep in mind that ANY freedom-fighter organization will be labeled that way, including what you are proposing.

What it boils down to is circumventing the MSM and the educational system. The way we do it is with the internet and DVD's. That is why I set up the website in my signature. It is also why our Meetup group is now shifting gears and accumulating as many blank DVD's as we can and are burning copies of Freedom to Fascism. We are going to be distributing as many as we can, in the same fashion we distributed RP materials. In addition to helping awaken people to the reality of what's happening to our country, RP is in it several times and it will still help increase awareness of him and his message. Since it is a documentary he himself has endorsed, it's the logical choice to use for education.

JimTrebek
03-12-2008, 04:36 PM
You need to keep in mind that ANY freedom-fighter organization will be labeled that way, including what you are proposing.

I don't think that's necessarily true, but I wouldn't really know. I think having a focus more on societal issues and actions that are generally more agreeable could prevent the organization from being labeled and pushed aside. Perhaps these two approaches are both needed. It seems to me that social work alone won't be enough, but neither will just handing out literature and DVD's if people aren't ready to accept the message.

greenspj
03-12-2008, 04:52 PM
>> Just as we cannot hope to do anything if we don't act, I think we also need to have a clear plan of action for this movement, and for this I think we will need a new organization to front this movement.

First, everyone should have a PERSONAL plan of action.

I recommend it being organizing LOCALLY and taking over your county central committees, running for offices like county registrar and county recorder and getting certified for things like poll judge and election worker.

All the national organizing in the world will do nothing, that's right NOTHING, unless these LOCAL things are addressed.

Stop trying to digest the world in one bite and get to work in your home towns and counties.

(Keyword = "work", not "typing")

greenspj
03-12-2008, 04:53 PM
>> Just as we cannot hope to do anything if we don't act, I think we also need to have a clear plan of action for this movement, and for this I think we will need a new organization to front this movement.

I recommend it being organizing LOCALLY and taking over your county central committees, running for offices like county registrar and county recorder and getting certified for things like poll judge and election worker.

All the national organizing in the world will do nothing, that's right NOTHING, unless these LOCAL things are addressed.

Stop trying to digest the world in one bite and get to work in your home towns and counties.

OferNave
03-12-2008, 09:14 PM
I found G. Edward Griffin late last year through participating in the Ron Paul movement. Finally got around to joining both the John Birch Society and Freedom Force International today.

Keep the liberty train moving!

JimTrebek
03-13-2008, 02:48 AM

I never said that local things shouldn't be addressed. However, there needs to be someway of creating a visible network for these actions, because while individual action is inevitably the key, certain things don't go as smoothly when people just run around and do their own thing.

Frankly, if I really had a good idea of what to do, I'd probably be out doing it right now. But I'm in the middle of school, I'm young, and I don't know much about how things in the so-called "real world" work. There isn't much I can do all by myself. Maybe there are people out there nearby that are doing something worthwhile, but I don't know about them and I don't have many ways of finding out, and this lack of visibility is a major part of the problem in my eyes.

Now you may just tell me to get out and knock some doors or something, but my problem is that I don't see how just doing these sort of things are really going to build up to making a serious effect if we don't have any vision for the future. I can knock all the doors I want, but if I don't have something to get people involved in, then nothing will happen. Maybe I'm just being too pessimistic here, but often it's hard not to be...

joemiller
03-13-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm somewhat of a lurker, but I've been a fervent supporter of Ron Paul throughout this campaign and I think that it is important at this point that we look back on the movement behind Ron Paul and decide what to do from here.

First off, remember the reason why you decided to support Ron Paul. Remember the reason why so many of us donated time and money to the campaign. I personally supported Ron Paul because his message rejected the status quo of corruption and greed and it stepped over the lines in the sand that often divide us and distract us from important matters. All of us had our own reasons, but we all knew that Ron Paul's message was good and it was worth fighting for. The fact that so many of us were able to come together and fight is the reason why we can take hope, because in the end, hope was what Ron Paul's message was all about.

Now, Ron Paul obviously did not do as well in the primary elections as we all would have liked. Whether the election results were valid or not, or whether Ron Paul will still get nominated at the convention or not, it is clear that we have not won the battle yet. We must continue to work for this cause we joined together for. This cause was never simply about getting Ron Paul elected. This cause is not simply about changing the government. This cause is about changing our society and our world into a better place. If we don't continue fighting for this cause, if we don't take what we learned from this campaign experience and come together again, then the campaign will have been for naught. But I think we can go on.

Just as we cannot hope to do anything if we don't act, I think we also need to have a clear plan of action for this movement, and for this I think we will need a new organization to front this movement. When we create this organization, we will need to keep in consideration many of the issues that came up during the campaign, both with the effectiveness of headquarters, the grassroots groups, and the communication throughout the movement. Perhaps all this organization needs to provide is a loose umbrella for many different otherwise independent groups, but it is clear that we need some way to link us together and to unite our purposes. One of the things that became clear during the campaign is the power that we each as individuals have and the power of the Internet as a tool for communication. We must learn to utilize these to the fullest extent, especially the Internet while we still are able to use it freely.

In this cause, we must also be able to see the big picture. While we may fight to win elections and other such things, I think it is most important that we recognize that the root of a great number of the problems we seek to fix lies in our society. Now, I'm not blaming these people themselves, but I think the fact that many people are trapped by things like ignorance and debt is a major reason why these problems continue, and that we must seek to solve these core problems in order to effectively allow for change as a whole. For example, I think that getting individual people and families to throw out the television will be much more effective than attacking the media directly.

Now, I speak to you as a young college student. As I'm finishing up school, I've been thinking a lot about upcoming decisions. It's been rather hard because I recognize that there are a lot of things that are wrong out there, and really want to be able to be a part of doing something about it, but I don't really know exactly how to go about it. I really hope that we will all be able to do something together, though. Anyways, I admit that I'm rather inexperienced and immature, so I'd really appreciate your feedback and input. Thank you.

If you support the political philosophy of Ron Paul and want to see it continued, you must realize two essential points: One, whatever you think you must do to best continue the R3volution, we must do it all together. If we all go our separate ways, our political opponents will have won, irrespective of the of the course we follow.

Secondly, we must follow Dr. Paul's political example as our guiding light to insure our efforts are not wasted. The path Dr. Paul has suggested you follow is that you should at the very least place your name on the November ballot to be a precinct committee man for your local Republican Party. It's just that simple.

joe

greenspj
03-14-2008, 01:59 AM
Now you may just tell me to get out and knock some doors or something, but my problem is that I don't see how just doing these sort of things are really going to build up to making a serious effect if we don't have any vision for the future. I can knock all the doors I want, but if I don't have something to get people involved in, then nothing will happen. Maybe I'm just being too pessimistic here, but often it's hard not to be...

Have you run for PC? Have you been to your county central committee meetings? Get involved locally.

BigRedBrent
03-14-2008, 03:36 AM
Actually, I think that this organization should be the "front" of the movement. It should be what unites us. It should be our rallying banner, both for us inside and outside. It needs to be visible enough but as pristine as possible in order to prevent it from being ripped to shreds by the media. We can't have any way possible for it to be tarnished. I think this is why it needs to be something new, something with no previous associations.

I would very much like the official RonPaul2008.com sight to endorse and at some point direct people to such a sight. It would be beneficial to us all to have such a centralized location to develop our movement.

BigRedBrent
03-14-2008, 03:47 AM
Since it is a documentary he himself has endorsed, it's the logical choice to use for education.

"Overview of America" by JBS is also very good to distribute with AFTF.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6732659166933078950

I never said that local things shouldn't be addressed. However, there needs to be someway of creating a visible network for these actions, because while individual action is inevitably the key, certain things don't go as smoothly when people just run around and do their own thing.

Frankly, if I really had a good idea of what to do, I'd probably be out doing it right now. But I'm in the middle of school, I'm young, and I don't know much about how things in the so-called "real world" work. There isn't much I can do all by myself. Maybe there are people out there nearby that are doing something worthwhile, but I don't know about them and I don't have many ways of finding out, and this lack of visibility is a major part of the problem in my eyes.

I agree, we need more organisation from the official Ron Paul campaign since they are the reason we are even talking about this. I hope that Ron Paul has such a plan. We need a nerve center to this movement so that we will be able to educate the populace in the most useful way possible. I think he has already set up a foundation and I hope he intends to use that foundation for this purpose.

And if Ron Paul does set up a web sight that he will direct us to, I very much hope that it comes with a forum. Forums can be bothersome, but they can also be a wealth of knowledge and inspiration if used properly.

princessredtights
03-14-2008, 08:16 AM
"Overview of America" by JBS is also very good to distribute with AFTF.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6732659166933078950

I LOVE "Overview of America" - It's about 30 minutes long - after I saw it, I said "wow - I've learned more in that 30 minutes than I did during school!"

It's a great way to educate people ...

WilliamC
03-14-2008, 08:25 AM
I agree with the acting locally idea.

I've joined the Tate County Republican Party here in Mississippi and worked at the polls this past Tuesday.

I'll be helping out as I can and may even run for a school board in a couple of years when the position in my district comes up for election again.

But in the meantime I'll be able to talk to and get to know other actively involved members, most of whom really do want less government spending, lower taxes, and to see Washington DC become less powerful.

Think globally, act locally.