PDA

View Full Version : Roll up your sleeves: four dozen contests to go

Bradley in DC
03-12-2008, 12:01 AM
According to The Green Papers, we have four dozen contests to go. Yes, you read that right. One, there are the US territories (and DC) not just states. Two, many states have multi-stage processes.

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/events.phtml?s=c

Please, check the calendar, learn the rules for your state (or territory) and get to work (edited to include Catherine and Jonathan's comments and corrections--thanks!).

[Edit: do we have a grassroots organizer--organizer from the grassroots--for each of these places? Please put them in the thread, and I'll try to incorporate them into the OP so we can all help the respective people. Let us know what we need to do to help out!]

Do NOT wait for HQ for anything:

Tuesday 13 May 2008 Nebraska Primary *West Virginia Primary
Friday 16 May - Saturday 17 May 2008 Georgia State Convention
Friday 16 May - Sunday 18 May 2008 *Hawaii State Convention
Tuesday 20 May 2008 *Oregon Primary
Tuesday 20 May - Wednesday 21 May 2008 (tentative date) *New York State Committee
Tuesday 20 May 2008 (tentative date) *Kentucky Primary
Thursday 22 May - Sunday 25 May 2008 (tentative date) North Carolina State Convention
Thursday 22 May 2008 (tentative date) *Kansas State Party Committee Meeting
Saturday 24 May - Saturday 7 June 2008 (tentative date) *Colorado District Conventions
Tuesday 27 May 2008 *Idaho Primary
May 29-31 The Minnesota State convention in Rochester, MN (per Jonathan's post)
Friday 30 May - Saturday 31 May 2008 Virginia State Convention, *Washington State Convention, *Wyoming Convention
Saturday 31 May 2008 *Colorado State Convention Missouri State Convention
Tuesday 3 June 2008 Montana Advisory Primary, New Jersey Election of Delegates, *South Dakota Primary
Tuesday 3 June 2008 *New Mexico Primary
Friday 6 June 2008 *Pennsylvania Summer Meeting
Saturday 7 June 2008 *Illinois Convention
Saturday 7 June 2008 (tentative date) *Minnesota State Convention
Monday 9 June - Tuesday 10 June 2008 (tentative date) *Indiana State Convention
Thursday 12 June - Saturday 14 June 2008 Idaho State Convention Texas State Convention
Saturday 14 June 2008 Arkansas State Committee Meeting *Iowa State Convention *New Mexico State Republican Convention
Friday 20 June - Sunday 22 June 2008 *Nebraska State Convention

* Major event or National Convention delegates allocated.

Ok, so only about one-fifth of the delegates are outstanding, we need to make a strong showing of "no confidence" in our presumptive nominee.
http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/ccad.phtml
Oh, Steve Parent and the guys who keep pushing the delusional ideas that we really have a majority of delegates (wink, wink), that the caucus delegates will really be for RP, etc., please ignore them. Only about 15% of the delegates are determined that way.

Cowlesy
03-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Nevada County Conventions, THIS SATURDAY, MARCH 15th?

Nevadans, what can we do to help??

defe07
03-12-2008, 12:25 AM
And we have Alaska's State Convention tomorrow, guys! Please, can someone make an updated delegate count so that way we can keep track? :D

kirkblitz
03-12-2008, 12:25 AM
alaska will be ours by sunday

Bradley in DC
03-12-2008, 12:29 AM
According to this site, we're not even competing in all of the contests:
http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/R-Ballot.phtml

Here's where we have ballot status:
46 out of 56 Jurisdictions
AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MP, MS, MT, ND, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, PR, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV

McCain has it in more:
49 out of 56 Jurisdictions
AK, AL, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, GU, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MP, MS, MT, ND, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, PR, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY

So HQ didn't get us on the ballot in Guam, American Samoa and Wyoming? WTF!

kirkblitz
03-12-2008, 12:52 AM
wyoming only party officals could vote, everyone was on that ballot. Didnt hunter get a delegate there?

ghemminger
03-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Bradley your awesome - thanks for all you did - I wish you ran the RP campaign

Banana
03-12-2008, 12:57 AM
wyoming only party officals could vote, everyone was on that ballot. Didnt hunter get a delegate there?

That's weird way to elect delegates, but hey, whatever floats their boat...

Incidentally, do you know how those officials are elected? I hope they don't have to be selected by the officials! :eek: ;)

ghemminger
03-12-2008, 01:00 AM
That's weird way to elect delegates, but hey, whatever floats their boat...

Incidentally, do you know how those officials are elected? I hope they don't have to be selected by the officials! :eek: ;)

Whyoming GOP were strictly Romney - they will tow th party line - I wouln't wast my time

Bradley in DC
03-12-2008, 09:04 AM
I hate bumping my own thread, but this is important with correct and important information about us getting delegates (unlike a lot of the threads promoting crappy misinformation about stealth, etc.).

joemiller
03-12-2008, 09:24 AM

If I understand your question correctly, "Party officials" are precinct committee members. Precinct committee members are elected once every four years at a "general" election (presidential election), like the one coming up on November 4, 2008.

This is just another instance where it is important to have every true Ron Paul supporter to at least have their names on the Nov. 4, 2008 ballot as a precinct committee member in order for the R3volution to continue.

In addition, every county elects on the same ballot, two "State" GOP representatives. These "State" representatives are the ones who elect the State Chairperson and other "Party Officials". So if we can somehow insure that all elected local county State representatives are Ron Paul supporters, we will have effectively taken over that GOP state party.

All this will take to make it happen is just a little leadership and organization.

joe

SWATH
03-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Kentucky County Conventions to elect delegates this Saturday March 15th!

WilliamC
03-12-2008, 09:30 AM
In Mississippi delegates to the State Convention will be selected on Saturday, April 6th, at Local and County Republican Party Caucuses.

Only dues paying members of the Republican Party are eligible to be delegates.

State convention is from May 9th to May 10th, and delegates to the National Convention will be chosen there.

Since McCain won all precincts in Mississippi yesterday then he will receive all of the delegates, but I don't know what the rules for binding delegates are.

Since it doesn't look like there will be more than one vote anyway I don't know if the rules for a brokered convention will even come into play.

I plan on being at the County caucus and trying to become a delegate to the State Convention. I'll keep people informed of what is going on.

Henry
03-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Bump, to keep keeping on!!

ItsTime
03-12-2008, 09:53 AM
rEVOLution is just starting baby. We are in training.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cavFoyYJwPQ

Bradley in DC
03-12-2008, 10:34 AM
I plan on being at the County caucus and trying to become a delegate to the State Convention. I'll keep people informed of what is going on.

Excellent, William, thanks!

LibertyEagle
03-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Bradley, you rock! Thank you. :)

georgiaboy
03-12-2008, 10:56 AM
According to The Green Papers, we have four dozen contests to go. Yes, you read that right. One, there are the US territories (and DC) not just states. Two, many states have multi-stage processes.

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/events.phtml?s=c

Please, check the calendar, learn the rules for your state (or territory) and get to work. Do NOT wait for HQ for anything.

in addition to GP's info, per your comment about multi-stage processes, Georgia GOP has county conventions March 15, District Conventions are April 19, and the state convention is May 16-17. National delegates are elected at District and State conventions. I assume if I send these to GP's webmaster, the chart will get updated - will find out soon enough.

georgiaboy

Banana
03-12-2008, 11:28 AM
I hate bumping my own thread, but this is important with correct and important information about us getting delegates (unlike a lot of the threads promoting crappy misinformation about stealth, etc.).

Bradley, if you would be so kind, could you be a bit specific about "lot of threads promoting crappy misinformation"- I've already seen you debunk Dr. Steve Parent's post, but am otherwise unclear if you would disagree with nate895's plan (try to unbind delegates at the state convention), with um, Paul-something (the name escapes me)'s post about delegates that are open for taking by anybody, and my premise that everyone should be a delegate, even if ending up bound to other candidates, in hopes of influencing the party platforms.

If I understand your question correctly, "Party officials" are precinct committee members. Precinct committee members are elected once every four years at a "general" election (presidential election), like the one coming up on November 4, 2008.

This is just another instance where it is important to have every true Ron Paul supporter to at least have their names on the Nov. 4, 2008 ballot as a precinct committee member in order for the R3volution to continue.

In addition, every county elects on the same ballot, two "State" GOP representatives. These "State" representatives are the ones who elect the State Chairperson and other "Party Officials". So if we can somehow insure that all elected local county State representatives are Ron Paul supporters, we will have effectively taken over that GOP state party.

All this will take to make it happen is just a little leadership and organization.

joe

Good info- it may be the silver lining after all- it may be easier to get RPRs in and take over the party after all. :) Let's hope WY takes the ball to the court.

AlbemarleNC0003
03-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Whyoming GOP were strictly Romney - they will tow th party line - I wouln't wast my time

Saw on MSNBC's ticker this morning that Romney says he will accept the VP slot if asked. Keep that in mind at the conventions.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
03-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Bump

puppetmaster
03-12-2008, 11:51 AM
We are ready in Nevada. Washoe county (Reno) is this Saturday!

We will keep you posted!

MikeSmith
03-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Bump - important

Banana
03-13-2008, 01:13 PM
Bradley in DC....

Bradley, if you would be so kind, could you be a bit specific about "lot of threads promoting crappy misinformation"- I've already seen you debunk Dr. Steve Parent's post, but am otherwise unclear if you would disagree with nate895's plan (try to unbind delegates at the state convention), with um, Paul-something (the name escapes me)'s post about delegates that are open for taking by anybody, and my premise that everyone should be a delegate, even if ending up bound to other candidates, in hopes of influencing the party platforms.

Bradley in DC
03-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Bradley, if you would be so kind, could you be a bit specific about "lot of threads promoting crappy misinformation"- I've already seen you debunk Dr. Steve Parent's post

I'm at a conference (https://www.mises.org/events/100) this week and still need to prepare for my paper on Saturday, but yes, "Dr. Steve" and others associated with Anson's unspeakably bad "how to be a delegate" site were what I was thinking.

Banana
03-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Great, thanks for the clarification. I was worried that you were talking about the rest, not just those two.

Good luck with that paper! :)

Bradley in DC
03-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Great, thanks for the clarification. I was worried that you were talking about the rest, not just those two.

Good luck with that paper! :)

Honestly, I've not had time to look at Nate's, etc. Not slamming them, not panning them. :o

Banana
03-13-2008, 01:52 PM
:) No problem.

I'll promise to not climb on rooftop and shout "Bradley in DC agrees with me!" :D

defe07
03-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Who wants to create a tally chart where we can keep count of the National delegates elected in each state's State Convention or District Convention? :)

Bradley in DC
03-13-2008, 01:56 PM
in addition to GP's info, per your comment about multi-stage processes, Georgia GOP has county conventions March 15, District Conventions are April 19, and the state convention is May 16-17. National delegates are elected at District and State conventions. I assume if I send these to GP's webmaster, the chart will get updated - will find out soon enough.

georgiaboy

Thanks, georgiaboy. THIS is how we make a difference! Kudos to you. Mobilize the RP supporters in your state!!!

(Hey, I'm in Auburn, AL this week through Saturday and then visiting with an ex, some cousins and other friends in Georgia for a few days before heading up to Ohio for Easter. If there is something I can do to help you guys, let me know. I've spoken at Meetup groups in different cities and even as the speaker for a fundraiser. I'm at your service.)

Cowlesy
03-16-2008, 11:11 AM
bump for an important grassroots thread

tamor
03-16-2008, 12:17 PM
bump for perseverance

Bradley in DC
03-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Anyone have any updates from when I was traveling?

Banana
03-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Bradley, did you look in threads about Missouri already? This is probably the most biggest news but besides that, smattering here and there, I think.

(Of course, there could be more going on but not reported here)

Bradley in DC
03-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Bradley, did you look in threads about Missouri already? This is probably the most biggest news but besides that, smattering here and there, I think.

(Of course, there could be more going on but not reported here)

Yes, Missouri is exciting (Alaska was good too).

But yes, more reporting of our successes--and how to do it--would be very encouraging! We still have more contests approaching. No time to slack off. :eek:

LibertyIn08
03-28-2008, 09:33 PM

But yes, more reporting of our successes--and how to do it--would be very encouraging! We still have more contests approaching. No time to slack off. :eek:

X2.

We're doing very well on these grassroots delegate events. Lets keep up the momentum all the way to the convention. :)

Banana
03-28-2008, 09:58 PM

Great, just wasn't sure if you caught it. (But I think I'm bordering on insulting you- anybody would have to be blind to not catch the news.... :o)

Well, here's a thread that has both success and a cautionary tale:

Success in Washington Legislative District 46 and shenanigans in LD 37 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=130215)

Bradley in DC
03-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Great, just wasn't sure if you caught it. (But I think I'm bordering on insulting you- anybody would have to be blind to not catch the news.... :o)

I've got a thick skin, no worries. I was on the road driving from DC to Alabama all around Georgia (had lunch with Randy/Rev9, good times), then to Ohio then back to DC. No internet in the car or in half of the places I stayed...so I was sort of under a rock, yes, that's why I was asking! :o ;) :D

Banana
03-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Understood, and with all those random threads, it can be easy to get lost in the shuffle. I'm sorry I don't have anymore to report. :)

CatherineBleish
03-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Saturday April 19th Missouri District Conventions
Saturday May 31st State Convention

Any MO Organizers with delegates going to state please email me at Catherine.Bleish@gmail.com so we can talk strategy!

Catherine

Bradley in DC
03-30-2008, 06:58 AM
Ok, Texas was fun, but we've got lots of work to do in a few dozen upcoming contests now!

Bradley in DC
03-30-2008, 07:49 AM

joe

Joe,

Be careful, rules in each state are different so it's hard to generalize.

Highstreet
03-30-2008, 08:48 AM

Yes and so did Thompson and Romney. From reports on the ground we had 45% of the vote in some counties and they had to Unite against us in order to keep Paul from taking delegates. In one county we lost by Only 1 vote.

The source that says Paul was not on the ballot is Wrong.

tajitj
03-30-2008, 10:01 AM
We need a plan for the remaining states. An email with instructions and info to every Ron Paul donor in the state to come. Is HQ doing anything like that. Even if it is just telling them he is still in and encourage them to look up their state GOP site. I get regular emails from a group reminding be about the conventions and all that. I hope it is not just because I signed up at HQ to be a delegate. Way to many people to not do it.

We should focus more around here on getting people to contact HQ it they are or want to be delegates. They will give them the info they need.

Bradley in DC
03-30-2008, 10:21 AM
We need a plan for the remaining states. An email with instructions and info to every Ron Paul donor in the state to come. Is HQ doing anything like that. Even if it is just telling them he is still in and encourage them to look up their state GOP site. I get regular emails from a group reminding be about the conventions and all that. I hope it is not just because I signed up at HQ to be a delegate. Way to many people to not do it.

We should focus more around here on getting people to contact HQ it they are or want to be delegates. They will give them the info they need.

Yes, excellent, thanks. This is what I'm trying to encourage--except that we need to make sure we can do things ourselves if/when HQ drops the ball. Whatever HQ does do then is just gravy! If something needs to be done (every state is different), let's find out what and make it happen. Our community here is great for this!

Young Paleocon
03-31-2008, 11:50 AM
I have seen large numbers of Libertarian and Constitution Party votes in 2004 election, and I would like to know if there has been many Libertarian/Constitution Party crossovers, or has the RP mainly been Republicans/new voters. <------------run on

Mahkato
03-31-2008, 11:54 AM
Corrections:

Minnesota has District conventions on April 5, 18, and 19. Three District conventions were already held.

The Minnesota State convention is May 29-31 in Rochester, MN.

Source (http://www.mngop.com/cal/?cmo=4&cyr=2008)

Bradley in DC
03-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Corrections:

Minnesota has District conventions on April 5, 18, and 19. Three District conventions were already held.

The Minnesota State convention is May 29-31 in Rochester, MN.

Source (http://www.mngop.com/cal/?cmo=4&cyr=2008)

Thanks, I made the additions and corrections!

Cowlesy
04-01-2008, 08:54 PM
bumping a stickied thread back in the new posts queue as it's actually CENTRAL to the GRASSROOTS here.

Bradley in DC
04-03-2008, 02:28 PM
any update on caucuses and conventions this weekend?

Bradley in DC
04-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Any updates anyone?

rancher89
04-12-2008, 07:20 PM
12th District, North Carolina, April 12th, 2008

One RP delegate and one RP alternate

I am stoked, didn't think we'd even have a chance, we only had three people -------- I thought..turns out there were a total of 8 RPer's altogether out of a total of 30 or so people..... no one voted against anybody.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
04-12-2008, 07:22 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=132780&page=5

Bradley in DC
04-13-2008, 05:50 AM
12th District, North Carolina, April 12th, 2008

One RP delegate and one RP alternate

I am stoked, didn't think we'd even have a chance, we only had three people -------- I thought..turns out there were a total of 8 RPer's altogether out of a total of 30 or so people..... no one voted against anybody.

Thanks!