PDA

View Full Version : NBC News with Fred Thompson in Iowa: Incredible!!!

R_Harris
08-17-2007, 07:53 PM
NBC News (Kelly O'Donnell) was with Fred Thompson as he was "strolling" through the Iowa State Fair this week.

People were clamoring around Thompson like he was the Second Coming or something. Some lady was almost BEGGING him to go ahead and declare.

He then tells the Iowa Christian Alliance that he is "solidly pro life," and then a speaker with the Alliance states after they had a private meeting with him, "Yeah, Fred gave some solid answers, we feel pretty comfortable with him."

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes I feel like the Ron Paul campaign is at the foot of Mount Everest. Can people really be this ignorant and naive? If you even cynically or comically state 'yes,' then do we not face an almost hopeless task???

LibertyEagle
08-17-2007, 07:57 PM
When you think it is hopeless, then it is time to go work on some signs or print out some flyers that you can hand out door-to-door tomorrow.

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-17-2007, 08:00 PM

nullvalu
08-17-2007, 08:57 PM
I'd be willing to bet that shortly after he declares his candidacy his supporting numbers will drop due to the "no more excitement" factor..

james1906
08-17-2007, 09:06 PM
I'd be willing to bet that shortly after he declares his candidacy his supporting numbers will drop due to the "no more excitement" factor..

true, the chase is always greater than the catch.

jj111
08-17-2007, 09:35 PM
People are stupid. And lazy.

But that's our advantage. Only very motivated people vote in primary elections. We may be small in number, but our enthusiasm means a lot.

What we really need to be doing right now is getting right thinking Democrats and Independents re-registered as Republicans (where necessary) so that they can vote for RP in the primaries. That infusion of bodies will make a huge difference.

Here's the latest version of the Democrats for Ron Paul flyer for liberals:

http://files.meetup.com/496508/Democrats%20for%20Ron%20Paul%20Flyer%209%20Draft.d oc

Dlynne
08-17-2007, 10:09 PM
Has Paul called for the impeachment of Bush and Cheney? I never heard that before.

risiusj
08-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Has Paul called for the impeachment of Bush and Cheney? I never heard that before.

I'm not sure, but I bet he realizes that a lot of people don't think that's necessary. I'm sure he also realizes that those people are sheep, but he can't go around pissing off large amounts of voters.

noxagol
08-17-2007, 10:26 PM
What the hell is Fred Thompson all about. I can't understand why anyone likes this guy. I can't even find anything that solidly declares his stances on shit.

quickmike
08-17-2007, 10:27 PM
I'm not sure, but I bet he realizes that a lot of people don't think that's necessary. I'm sure he also realizes that those people are sheep, but he can't go around pissing off large amounts of voters.

He said "I dont think theres a need for that at this point."

quickmike
08-17-2007, 10:30 PM
What the hell is Fred Thompson all about. I can't understand why anyone likes this guy. I can't even find anything that solidly declares his stances on shit.

He is an actor with a big voice and an imposing figure that gives off power. Hes an empty suit, but thats not how most people think. To most people its all about image. Thats what were up against kids. We better get to work talking to people in the real world about RP if we want a chance. Never underestimate the ignorance of the general public, or how easily they are led.

SWATH
08-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Most people just view him as the republican alternative to rudy and mitt. The slightly more educated view him as the pro-war, pro-fed, pro-interventionist alternative to Ron Paul.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
08-17-2007, 10:51 PM
The Republican's I know don't like Romney, Rudy, or McCain.

So they go for Fred Thompson (http://www.fredthompsonforum.com) because they think he's filling the void that Rudy McRomney is leaving.

noxagol
08-17-2007, 10:53 PM
I like to call the non-Ron Paul Republican candidates "Rudy McRomson"