PDA

View Full Version : Should I drop out of the delegate race?

gracebkr
03-11-2008, 10:41 PM
I will actually have to campaign for this since I am running against someone. Do I need to stay in it. I want to do something that actually helps the cause of freedom. I feel, with the newsletters and all that we have made it to the end of the road with this way of going. I feel a new plan should be in order. I want to devote time to something I can get excited about. All I keep hearing is it is a lost cause right now for us to get the Rep. nomination. Well, if that is true great. Good thing we know now. What do we do though? Ron Paul can still be the icon person and his message, but what do we do to keep this going. I feel like the momentum is dying. We need a new plan. We are a strong crowd. We make a difference. The gop race might be decided, but the election is not. We need to do something. Should I stay in at this point? I have a very hectic life and many people that rely on me. I really don't want to be dividing my time for something that isn't going to have an impact. Hey, if it has an impact than someone tell me. I just am lost. How do we go to people now and tell them about Ron Paul. Seriously, it has to be something else now. Every time I talk to people they are like, "he's not going to win" and they close me out then. They agree with everything I say, but think Ron Paul has no chance. He's running Republican so that is how it appears. He needs to go Independent or something. What do I do now?

therealjjj77
03-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Stay in it to the national convention. We need your help changing the Republican party platforms and direction and possible rules and nominee.

nate895
03-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Run as a conservative who wants to unite the party, and if you make it to the convention we will be in a lot better shape than we are today. We could well approach 1300 delegates if the caucuses in other states go fine.

aksmith
03-11-2008, 11:16 PM
I will actually have to campaign for this since I am running against someone. Do I need to stay in it. I want to do something that actually helps the cause of freedom. I feel, with the newsletters and all that we have made it to the end of the road with this way of going. I feel a new plan should be in order. I want to devote time to something I can get excited about. All I keep hearing is it is a lost cause right now for us to get the Rep. nomination. Well, if that is true great. Good thing we know now. What do we do though? Ron Paul can still be the icon person and his message, but what do we do to keep this going. I feel like the momentum is dying. We need a new plan. We are a strong crowd. We make a difference. The gop race might be decided, but the election is not. We need to do something. Should I stay in at this point? I have a very hectic life and many people that rely on me. I really don't want to be dividing my time for something that isn't going to have an impact. Hey, if it has an impact than someone tell me. I just am lost. How do we go to people now and tell them about Ron Paul. Seriously, it has to be something else now. Every time I talk to people they are like, "he's not going to win" and they close me out then. They agree with everything I say, but think Ron Paul has no chance. He's running Republican so that is how it appears. He needs to go Independent or something. What do I do now?

Keep going This is about making darn sure the Republican Party cannot dismiss us anytime soon. It's not just about Ron anymore. Here in Nevada we are going hammer and tongs for delegates to the national convention. And we are going to get some. You had to see some of our county conventions this weekend. The establishment Republicans are sacred. Very scared. They don't know what to make of us. We are ideological and not at all about team sports, us vs them. They don't get that. It's time to make them learn. Go all the way.

nate895
03-11-2008, 11:18 PM
The establishment Republicans are sacred.

All hail the sacred establishment Republicans.

gracebkr
03-11-2008, 11:20 PM
All hail the sacred establishment Republicans.

All hail the sacred establishment republicans.

that was said in my robotic voice from the wizard of oz.

jointhefightforfreedom
03-11-2008, 11:24 PM
What do I do now?
1.Stay in it all they WAY
2. Join the discussion http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=127813

and help guarentee a brokered convention

gerryb
03-11-2008, 11:26 PM
no way, delegates are what this thing is all about. We need a voice at the convention.

runderwo
03-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Drop out if you will, but doing so betrays the rest of us who are taking every last delegate we can to the convention.

Most of us would LOVE to be in your position running for national delegate. A lot of us got in too late to file.

d03boy
03-11-2008, 11:43 PM
We need as many delegates as possible. The people who say that we can't win don't fully understand how the delegate process works.

gracebkr
03-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Drop out if you will, but doing so betrays the rest of us who are taking every last delegate we can to the convention.

Most of us would LOVE to be in your position running for national delegate. A lot of us got in too late to file.

I am running as a district delegate. National delegates will be elected at our state conventions. I have an opportunity if I win district delegate to go to nationals. I don't know if I can win though, so it would be an effort on my part and just don't know where we stand. i have been disappointed by the recent newsletters and been thinking maybe I should do something else if this strategy is a lost cause. I mean, I read Ron Paul write that a brokered convention is becoming less and less possible. Well, our elections are in May, so where do we stand if now we are hearing it is close to impossible from Ron Paul himself?

Cowlesy
03-12-2008, 12:07 AM
stay in it!!!! Go Grace!

OptionsTrader
03-12-2008, 12:10 AM
You haven't even shed a drop of blood, taken a bullet, or lost a leg. Men have fought tyranny before and have put much more at risk and we need to remember them and keep fighting against this insidious, intelligent, wealthy, and powerful beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDiUG52ZyHQ

gracebkr
03-12-2008, 12:20 AM
You haven't even shed a drop of blood, taken a bullet, or lost a leg. Men have fought tyranny before and have put much more at risk and we need to remember them and keep fighting against this insidious, intelligent, wealthy, and powerful beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDiUG52ZyHQ

Yup. My 5x great grandfather was minuteman and I think of him a lot.

tomveil
03-12-2008, 01:34 AM
I am running as a district delegate. National delegates will be elected at our state conventions. I have an opportunity if I win district delegate to go to nationals. I don't know if I can win though, so it would be an effort on my part and just don't know where we stand. i have been disappointed by the recent newsletters and been thinking maybe I should do something else if this strategy is a lost cause. I mean, I read Ron Paul write that a brokered convention is becoming less and less possible. Well, our elections are in May, so where do we stand if now we are hearing it is close to impossible from Ron Paul himself?

*blank stare*

So you want to drop out of the only thing that actually matters?

Doesn't seem like a good idea to me.