PDA

View Full Version : I Hate McCain, but This Thread is Just Plain FALSE

nodope0695
03-11-2008, 10:31 PM
This thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=127879 claims John McCain was responsible for the USS Forrestal fire in 1967.

IT IS FALSE!!!

The record must be set straight in order to get the truth about this disaster out to those poeple who take the OP's story at face value.

I'm by no means a fan of McCain, nor am I here to defend him. However, the OP's story is a bald-faced lie, and dishonors the men who died on the USS Forrestal during the explosions and resultant fires.

Here are the facts:

McCain had absolutely NOTHING to do with the Forrestal incident, except that he barely escaped with his life. To claim anything more than that gives McCain far more credit that he deserves.

I am in the Navy (have been for 15 years), and the Forrestal fire is a standard training video for proper firefighting and flight deck safety. I worked on the flight decks of the USS Washington, USS Eiesenhower, USS Truman, and USS Roosevelt as an electrician for H-60 Helicopters. I have knowledge of what its like on a flight deck, and I'm very familiar with the story of the USS Forrestal.

The USS Forrestal fire was caused by an errant 5 inch ZUNI rocket, fired from an aircraft parked amidship on the flightdeck. The rocket streaked across the deck and hit a plane back aft. The resulting fire caused bombs on the aircraft to "cook off" and blow huge holes in the flight deck, and ignited huge fires below decks.

McCain just happened to be sitting in his A-4 amidst the conflagration. He jumped out of his cockpit, and swung down off his plane via the refueling probe.

The fire was NOT caused by McCain "showing off" with his afterburners...the A-4 Skyhawk does not have afterburners, as it was a subsonic attack aircraft. The rocket that caused the fire was launched accidentally by an F-4 Phantom and was caused by stray voltage in the weapon system's electrical wires.

The claim that McCain is responsible for the USS Forrestal fire is false, and not even close to the facts. But don't take my word for it, I'm just a 15 year Navy man. Check the record, and you'll see the truth. http://www.forrestal.org/fidfacts/page13.htm

DealzOnWheelz
03-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Bump for truthyness

tonyr1988
03-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks for clearing it up, and standing for truth above agendas.

nodope0695
03-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Bump for truthyness

Thanks for the truthy bump....

The truth will set you free.

LandonCook
03-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Thankyou! I'm glad we stick to truth at RPF!

abe447
03-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Looks like we've got a McCain shill on our hands here. If you're voting for McWar, what the hell are you doing here? The fact of the matter is, we don't care about the facts. We just want to take John McCain down anyway we can!

Sorry about that. I just wanted to see what it felt like to be a delusional conspiracy theorist. Thanks for making that correction.

nodope0695
03-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Looks like we've got a McCain shill on our hands here. If you're voting for McWar, what the hell are you doing here? The fact of the matter is, we don't care about the facts. We just want to take John McCain down anyway we can!

Sorry about that. I just wanted to see what it felt like to be a delusional conspiracy theorist. Thanks for making that correction.

LMAO...McShame Shill?? Hell no, not even if you held a gun to my head would I vote for that insane moron. I'd just assume vote for Hillary.:D

Kotin
03-11-2008, 10:54 PM
thanks alot!

i respect your honesty and integrity.

Kludge
03-11-2008, 10:56 PM

Isn't it ironic that you're the only one to post that...?

I suppose statistics say 0 out of 4 of us are delusional conspiracy theorists OR McCain shills. That's what.... 0%? Something around there...

Hook
03-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Probably enough to post in the other thread, but maybe this will find a few more people.

nodope0695
03-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Probably enough to post in the other thread, but maybe this will find a few more people.

Yeah, I thought of that before I posted this thread...I felt so strongly about it that I decided to post a second thread in order to stand apart from the origonal thread. Posting false garbage like that crosses the line, especially when the truth is clear, and on the record.

Revolution9
03-12-2008, 01:53 AM

But you are delusional abe.. You think Obama is a good choice.. To crank WWIII up.. You must have that armageddon sickness too. What is it with you clowns anyways that you want to take everybody down with your delusional end times psychopathy?

Randy

devil21
03-12-2008, 01:55 AM
But you are delusional abe.. You think Obama is a good choice.. To crank WWIII up.. You must have that armageddon sickness too. What is it with you clowns anyways that you want to take everybody down with your delusional end times psychopathy?

Randy

He gets 12 cents everytime he posts something negative. Those corporate donations gotta pay for something around here.

jjank11
03-12-2008, 02:18 AM
I'm always on the search for the real facts, which is one reason i support Ron Paul.

It is hard for me to really believe anything that is connected to the government. They either leave out facts that are extremely important or alter the facts.
(conspiracy theorists also do the same thing)

In this case, i do have to side with McCain, even if he had some accidental part to play it was not blatant, as far as i've read and heard. It seems that many of his comrades agree with it also.

The more fishy stuff with McCain is his time as a prisoner, his extra treatment as a admirals son, his supposed contacts with mafia, and finally his complete lack of morals. Beside the whole pow issue, it seems to be the same damn story as our current president. I can never support mccain and i might as well support obama or hillary, at least our country will go down the drain with a more interesting person as president, if one of those two were at the helm.