PDA

View Full Version : Just heard a radio ad on the decline of the dollar/incline in gold...

Nate SY
03-11-2008, 10:18 PM
I was riding home and explaining how a faith based currency was inadequate and destined to fail to my father. I was also making the case for gold. Then when I stopped to take a breath a radio add comes on giving percentages for the decline of the dollar and for the increasing in value of gold. It basically repeated everything I have heard the doctor say.

So basically the ad's purpose was to get people to invest in gold using a specific broker. But I was really happy to hear the message get out, even if it really wasn't meant to help us.

Just shocked me. And it actually was the finishing thing to convince my dad that gold is the way to go. I never would have gotten that across completely without it. It just goes to show that the message has been noticed.

Hook
03-11-2008, 10:25 PM
You should always have some gold in your portfolio. But don't put everything in gold, because some economic conditions favor stocks or bonds over gold. And you never know which way the economy is going to go. It is the only long-term way of managing investment risk.

Harry Browne suggests 25% gold, 25% stocks, 25% bonds, and 25% cash.