PDA

View Full Version : Isn't primary season proof Americans are sheep?

AJ Antimony
03-11-2008, 09:50 PM
In terms of the Republican side, it started with 11 candidates. The first primaries had a winner with 30ish%. The media began doing stories solely on the top 3 or 4. As their coverage increased, their percentages increased. Other dropped out. The 'frontrunners' coverage continued to increase. They started winning with 40%. Coverage was now solely on the frontrunner. He began winning by 50%. TV says he clinched the nomination. He is now winning with 80%.

Some poster here pointed at Paul's results in MS and claimed that's what happens with no campaigning.

I don't think any Republican campaigned in MS, they didn't need to--the TV told them who to vote for.

nodope0695
03-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Damn straight Americans (at least MOST Americans) are SHEEPLE. All a candidate needs is the slim majority of uninformed votes to win...how's that for alienated the the 1% of the voting public who have half a brain in their heads?

Liberty_is_NORML
03-11-2008, 09:54 PM
In terms of the Republican side, it started with 11 candidates. The first primaries had a winner with 30ish%. The media began doing stories solely on the top 3 or 4. As their coverage increased, their percentages increased. Other dropped out. The 'frontrunners' coverage continued to increase. They started winning with 40%. Coverage was now solely on the frontrunner. He began winning by 50%. TV says he clinched the nomination. He is now winning with 80%.

Some poster here pointed at Paul's results in MS and claimed that's what happens with no campaigning.

I don't think any Republican campaigned in MS, they didn't need to--the TV told them who to vote for.

You hit the nail on the head.

abe447
03-11-2008, 09:58 PM
You are so right! John McCain starts winning by bigger percentages when more and more candidates drop out of the race? OMG! STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!!!!! How the hell could that happen? You would think that his percentages would go down as more candidates can drop out! OMG! This must be diebold's work. Diebold knows! Everyone who votes differently than us must be a sheep! They must be! But we aren't collectivists grouping them all together. No we aren't. If they're not with us, they're against us! Ron Paul Revolution all the way to the brokered convention!

Edu
03-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Damn straight Americans (at least MOST Americans) are SHEEPLE. All a candidate needs is the slim majority of uninformed votes to win...how's that for alienated the the 1% of the voting public who have half a brain in their heads?Good thing we have the delegate process.

pacelli
03-11-2008, 10:04 PM
You are so right! John McCain starts winning by bigger percentages when more and more candidates drop out of the race? OMG! STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!!!!! How the hell could that happen? You would think that his percentages would go down as more candidates can drop out! OMG! This must be diebold's work. Diebold knows! Everyone who votes differently than us must be a sheep! They must be! But we aren't collectivists grouping them all together. No we aren't. If they're not with us, they're against us! Ron Paul Revolution all the way to the brokered convention!

Who are you voting for in the general election, abe?

abe447
03-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Who are you voting for in the general election, abe?

Probably won't vote for anyone. Ron Paul won't be an option. Ain't voting for McCain or Obama who will be the two party nominees. Libertarian Party is a joke. I'll most likely just stay home and watch mainstream media with all of the other brainless sheep. Diebold will decide the election anyway. Diebold knows!

nate895
03-11-2008, 10:11 PM
Probably won't vote for anyone. Ron Paul won't be an option. Ain't voting for McCain or Obama who will be the two party nominees. Libertarian Party is a joke. I'll most likely just stay home and watch mainstream media with all of the other brainless sheep. Diebold will decide the election anyway. Diebold knows!

You are saying you are willing to say to the establishment "that is right, I don't give a shot that you are taking over my country, and I ain't gonna do a damn thing about it." People like you sicken me. I sit here waiting so I can get that first sweet vote, I will probably be sitting there waiting to file it when I can, you already have that right and you sit on your fat lazy ass and do nothing.

abe447
03-11-2008, 10:36 PM
You are saying you are willing to say to the establishment "that is right, I don't give a shot that you are taking over my country, and I ain't gonna do a damn thing about it." People like you sicken me. I sit here waiting so I can get that first sweet vote, I will probably be sitting there waiting to file it when I can, you already have that right and you sit on your fat lazy ass and do nothing.

You're right. I'm going to cast a worthless vote to Ralph Nader instead. That'll show em. That'll teach the establishment not to fuck with me! My one vote will put them in their place! I voted for George W. Bush in 2000 and what did that get me? In 2004 I cast a vote for Michael Badnarik and what did that get me? Nate, you have a lot to learn my friend. I am going to vote in the local and state elections we have on the ballot, but I'll probably just leave the Presidential vote blank.

nate895
03-11-2008, 10:41 PM
You're right. I'm going to cast a worthless vote to Ralph Nader instead. That'll show em. That'll teach the establishment not to fuck with me! My one vote will put them in their place! I voted for George W. Bush in 2000 and what did that get me? In 2004 I cast a vote for Michael Badnarik and what did that get me? Nate, you have a lot to learn my friend. I am going to vote in the local and state elections we have on the ballot, but I'll probably just leave the Presidential vote blank.

How about this, if I lose my bid for state legislature, you win, if I win, I win. I will happily chair the Washington 2012 campaign efforts if I actually win, BTW. Actually having politicians endorse helps a lot.

abe447
03-11-2008, 10:47 PM
How about this, if I lose my bid for state legislature, you win, if I win, I win. I will happily chair the Washington 2012 campaign efforts if I actually win, BTW. Actually having politicians endorse helps a lot.

What the hell are you talking about? Win what? First of all, you're not running until 2010 and at the rate forum members are leaving, this place won't be around. Secondly, you'll be 17 years old in 2010. Why the hell would you want to run for office at 17? Finish school! Live your life! Go outside and have some fun for God's sake. You're 15 now. You should be out getting laid, getting drunk, getting high, or all of the above.

nate895
03-11-2008, 10:52 PM
What the hell are you talking about? Win what? First of all, you're not running until 2010 and at the rate forum members are leaving, this place won't be around. Secondly, you'll be 17 years old in 2010. Why the hell would you want to run for office at 17? Finish school! Live your life! Go outside and have some fun for God's sake. You're 15 now. You should be out getting laid, getting drunk, getting high, or all of the above.

I will be 18, simple math and statistics would tell you have a nearly 4/5 likelihood of being born after this date in the year I was born (May 22, BTW). By the time I run I should have an Associates Degree thanks to a program in Washington called "running start" and I will be able to go to college to finish my 4 year degree by 2012.

nate895
03-11-2008, 11:23 PM
I would like abe's response.

abe447
03-11-2008, 11:28 PM
I will be 18, simple math and statistics would tell you have a nearly 4/5 likelihood of being born after this date in the year I was born (May 22, BTW). By the time I run I should have an Associates Degree thanks to a program in Washington called "running start" and I will be able to go to college to finish my 4 year degree by 2012.

Cool dude. I wish you luck.

nate895
03-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Cool dude. I wish you luck.

Well, now you made me feel like an ass, you should run for office.

abe447
03-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Well, now you made me feel like an ass, you should run for office.

Brilliant idea, nate. In fact, tonight I would like to officially announce my candidacy for the 2010 18th Washington State Legislative District! My website will be set up whenever I get around to it.

jbuttell
03-12-2008, 01:46 AM
Would love to see some other country do it right...I'm afraid the sheeple problem isn't limited to Americans...