PDA

View Full Version : NC Laws Regarding AK-47 and Remington 1100

Allen72289
03-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Don't I have to register machine guns in NC?

Are there any guns worthy enough that do not fall into the category of machine gun?

Doktor_Jeep
03-11-2008, 10:49 PM
??

Are you looking to actually get machine guns through the basic legal channels or semi-autos that look military?

Semis that look like machine guns are simply guns and you do not need to get special licenses or registrations for them unless you live in one of the communist states.

For actual machine guns, ask your local dealer about the several classes of firearms licenses you need for that. I know little about this subject however.

Matt
03-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Don't I have to register machine guns in NC?

Are there any guns worthy enough that do not fall into the category of machine gun?

Semi-auto AK's are not machine guns and don't have to be registered, it's just like any other rifle. Anything full auto is a machine gun and has to be registered with the ATF but be careful, It has been illegal to make new machine guns since 1986 so you can't just convert your AK to full auto and register it. if you try anything like that you'll be in deep shit. Legal full auto AK's are $15k compared to $500 for a semi-auto so its really not worth the money plus getting anal probed by the Feds before you can buy one.

Doktor_Jeep
03-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Honestly I new a few Class III types in Florida and I cannot look upon anyone with respect when they pay thousands of dollars for a machine gun that cost roughly $50 to make, just so they can say they have a machine gun or spray bullets uselessly.

Aimed fire is always the best. When all you have is 300 rounds and you make at least 200 of them count, it's much better than having to yank and crank all 300 just to take out a few enemy.

Allen72289
03-12-2008, 12:18 AM
Semi auto ak's .. thanks. I wasn't sure if they were defined at machine guns..

>_>; I have a welder.. what's the laws on building cannons?

Hawk45
03-12-2008, 06:02 AM
Depends on the type of cannon you are wanting to build. If you mean a muzzle loading one like during the Civil War the laws are the same as for any black powder pistol or rifle. Just can't have exploding shells. Grapeshot is fine though.

If you mean a modern type like is being used now they come under the Fed heading of Destructive Devices and building one is a No No. Same thing for Mortars and the like.

maeqFREEDOMfree
03-12-2008, 06:19 AM

if you build a cannon, please, oh please post pics :-)

FreeTraveler
03-12-2008, 06:22 AM

Just keep a low profile, and let us know where you'll be come the rEVOLution. :D

jason43
03-12-2008, 06:30 AM

If you don't know the difference between an assault rifle and a machine gun, please don't build a cannon.

For one thing, cannons have to be forged or milled. For another thing, you would have to create something to fire out of it, which would be dangerous and... you know... illegal.

Save yourself the time, start reading gun magazines and take a safety course or go some seminars on guns at your local firing range to learn more before you do anything else.

Allen72289
03-13-2008, 06:13 PM
If you don't know the difference between an assault rifle and a machine gun, please don't build a cannon. the NRA website did not define the meaning exactly from the article I read.

For one thing, cannons have to be forged or milled. For another thing, you would have to create something to fire out of it, which would be dangerous and... you know... illegal. Nah, I'm not firing high amounts of explosive. I've seen home made pipe cannons. Besides, I began to build a foundry yesterday that could forge them provided I build a press.

safety course or go some seminars.

Done this.

Thanks, guys.

Patriot123
03-13-2008, 06:59 PM
??

Are you looking to actually get machine guns through the basic legal channels or semi-autos that look military?

Semis that look like machine guns are simply guns and you do not need to get special licenses or registrations for them unless you live in one of the communist states.

For actual machine guns, ask your local dealer about the several classes of firearms licenses you need for that. I know little about this subject however.

You... You... Actually don't have to register firearms... In some states? You're... Joking? You're saying that you actually don't need to get any paperwork for a firearm in certain states? You can just... Buy one?

Doktor_Jeep
03-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Yes.

You can just buy a firearm in some states without having to get a special permit.

Illinois and New York are such states that require you beg and chug the weenie for the right to own a gun - but in New York that does not apply to rifles and the governor of that state who wanted to change that got caught with hookers.

maeqFREEDOMfree
03-14-2008, 06:23 AM
Yes.

You can just buy a firearm in some states without having to get a special permit.

Illinois and New York are such states that require you beg and chug the weenie for the right to own a gun - but in New York that does not apply to rifles and the governor of that state who wanted to change that got caught with hookers.

lol

michigan requires handgun registration, but that won't stop you from walking into a local gun store and walking out with an AR15, AK47, or FAL, or all of 'em.

it sounds good at first but then ask yourself... why isn't it the same with handguns?
i really have to hand it to states that realize that criminals are going to use guns for bad and honest people will use them for good. whether or not its registered is not going to change that.

weslinder
03-14-2008, 08:26 AM
lol

michigan requires handgun registration, but that won't stop you from walking into a local gun store and walking out with an AR15, AK47, or FAL, or all of 'em.

it sounds good at first but then ask yourself... why isn't it the same with handguns?
i really have to hand it to states that realize that criminals are going to use guns for bad and honest people will use them for good. whether or not its registered is not going to change that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think handgun registration is pushed by law enforcement groups. Handguns are used in crimes more often than long guns of any kind, and they want big databases to track down an owner when they find a bullet at a crime scene.

mordechai
03-14-2008, 08:46 AM
Depends on the law enforcement group. It is true that handguns are used much more. They are concealable.

Then, shotguns (I've always thought because of their relative level of range, and potential damage).

Rifles are the least common. Mainly because it takes skill to use them. Skill which alot of gangstas don't want to take the time to develop. And also because of their size and weight.

Doktor_Jeep
03-14-2008, 08:56 AM
Depends on the type of cannon you are wanting to build. If you mean a muzzle loading one like during the Civil War the laws are the same as for any black powder pistol or rifle. Just can't have exploding shells. Grapeshot is fine though.

If you mean a modern type like is being used now they come under the Fed heading of Destructive Devices and building one is a No No. Same thing for Mortars and the like.

For some odd reason it must be muzzloading. Breach loading is another story. Never could understand that.

maeqFREEDOMfree
03-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think handgun registration is pushed by law enforcement groups. Handguns are used in crimes more often than long guns of any kind, and they want big databases to track down an owner when they find a bullet at a crime scene.

true, but remember the guys in LA that shot up the bank with body armor and "assault rifles"?

They'll come for the handguns first but don't think for a second if they succeed they wont come for the next easy target, the big bad "assault rifles"

Doktor_Jeep
03-14-2008, 01:48 PM
And after the "assault rifles", they will go after the fud guns: bolt-actions with scopes. All those brainless hunters who think this is not their problem because their guns are politically correct, and go around saying "what do you need a high capacity mag for? You don't need any 'assault weapons'. You guys only get the rest of us in trouble...".

Their nicey nicey bolt guns will be deemed "sniper rifles". The term "sniper" is already grossly misused like the term "assault rifle" and "crime gun". The enemy is already warping the language for the demographic attack later on.

Then the fuds will flap and complain like stupid little birdies.