PDA

View Full Version : WE CAN ALL GO TO THE CONVENTION:) please read ASAP

speciallyblend
03-11-2008, 08:09 PM
I heard they need 5000 volunteers to help run the convention. Shouldnt people plan on that???? I was voted out in the county level by mccain drones in the co mtns,sad but true. More was accomplished in summit and eagle counties. I know we have a few undercovers as well.

I would be interested in going,probably just campout or something.. but we should all register to help the convention inside/outside from all sides??

I hope others can expand on this and if anyone is willing to help me .I could take offwork and then either fly or drive in. I would volunteer to be on the inside to help the GOP;)

We should plan a march outside and also fill all 5000 spots and come across the country.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN VOTED OUT AND WANT TO SHOW TO THE CONVENTION,WE HAVE TO REGISTER AS A VOLUNTEER FOR THE GOP CONVENTION.

IF there is anyone that can help me plan to go.It would be greatly appreciated:)

I can drive or fly which ever is cheaper,but i would have to take offwork and lose income i cant afford to lose. anyway i think a march on washington is OK(but east coasters do Ron Paul Proud,i just dont have the$$$ for washington dc) we need to march inside and outside and behind the tables at the gop convention;):eek::D
There is a page for the volunteers:

http://www.gopconvention2008.com/volunteer/general.aspx

And there is also an internship program:

http://www.gopconvention2008.com/abo...rnshipapp.aspx

Please bump and add any links for anyone reading this thread

nate895
03-11-2008, 08:13 PM
I plan on attending as a guest of one of the delegates.

speciallyblend
03-11-2008, 08:19 PM
then everyone go as a guest but then also sign another RON PAUL SUPPORTER as a volunteer . Then we could have 10,000 ron paul supporters not even counting the delegates:) NOW THAT WOULD BE MIND BLOWING AND WE ALL SHOW OUR SUPPORT:)

speciallyblend
03-12-2008, 05:18 AM
bump to the convention

garrettwombat
03-12-2008, 05:35 AM
this is important... we need a strong showing at the national convention...

we can get 10,000 people there easy... there was 4000 at the philly rally.
this is the real deal.

Cinderella
03-12-2008, 07:40 AM
bump......where do they have the convention?? in DC?? hope thats not a stupid question

jmag
03-12-2008, 07:47 AM
St Paul MN

peters
03-12-2008, 07:54 AM
Bump!

There is a subforum for the convention. As the time slowly approaches, it should be revived.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=239

speciallyblend
03-12-2008, 08:00 AM
Bump!

There is a subforum for the convention. As the time slowly approaches, it should be revived.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=239

I'd like everyone to post any links to sub forums and info about anything to get more people to the convention. We need something like this to stay in the grassroots area since this is the most viewed by new comers and forum members.

Is there a link i can add to my main post to get people registered for the volunteers at the convention??....

We need to have many attend as guests to the ron paul delegates and we need to flood the volunteer list at convention. Then we need to have as many marchers outside as inside the convention if possible;).......

TwiLeXia
03-12-2008, 08:02 AM
this is a fantastic idea!

speciallyblend
03-12-2008, 08:07 AM
We should truly be able to overwhelm the Convention. Id just love to hear the msm then hehe.

yep neocons we are coming to the convention in mass;) you should be bery(very) bery(very) scared;)

Delegates and focusing all ron paul supporters to come to St Paul and getting all of us to volunteer and get everyone else who cant get in to march outside;) we could easily get 10,000 outside and 10,000 inside with 5 months of planning;) This is very possible. I could even drive 6-8 in my vehicle from colorado if everyone helped in gas;)
LETS DO THIS GRASSROOTS. I CALL EVERYONE TO JUMP ABOARD THIS IDEA, forget the blimp(i even supported the blimp) this is more powerful. WE NEED TO MARCH ON DC AND ST PAUL ,I CAN MARCH ON ST PAUL,not sure if i have the funds to go to dc from colorado or time,but who knows.

WE NEED TO FOCUS ON REMAINING STATES AND GOING TO ST PAUL IN MASS,and also look at back up plans for after convention:)
WE NEED TO GET EVERYONE ACROSS OUR COUNTRY TO ST PAUL;)

acptulsa
03-12-2008, 08:12 AM
Ties, blue suits and straw boater hats with RON PAUL bands, anyone?

wgadget
03-12-2008, 08:13 AM
this is important... we need a strong showing at the national convention...

we can get 10,000 people there easy... there was 4000 at the philly rally.
this is the real deal.

This reminds me of reading that story about how Abe Lincoln got the nomination...I bet we could muster a little cheering section for Ron Paul whenever they mention his name....LOL.

wgadget
03-12-2008, 08:14 AM
I hear St. Paul is beautiful in September...LOL.

speciallyblend
03-12-2008, 08:16 AM
Ties, blue suits and straw boater hats with RON PAUL bands, anyone?

It's all on the grassroots;)we need to push this every meet up every ron paul supporter inside the republican party and outside the republican party . if you support ron paul you should become a volunteer at st paul convention and also find another supporter to be a guest of a ron paul delegate and we should have everyone that cant get in ,march out side.
I cant see why we couldnt get over 50,000 or more outside and 10,000 inside they need 5000 volunteeers ,its not like anyone else is stepping up to the plate;)

speciallyblend
03-12-2008, 08:18 AM
I hear St. Paul is beautiful in September...LOL.

but im gonna do everything in my power to go and fill my vehicle or at least fly out. we need to encourage everyone in every state to come to st paul for the convention. I KNOW THIS FORUM AND MEMBERS CAN DO THIS. WE NEED TO CALL EVERYONE and get this going from all angles. THE REAL REPUBLICANS LAST STAND AT THE CONVENTION,minus pitchforks and torches;)

peters
03-12-2008, 08:59 AM
I'd like everyone to post any links to sub forums and info about anything to get more people to the convention. We need something like this to stay in the grassroots area since this is the most viewed by new comers and forum members.

Is there a link i can add to my main post to get people registered for the volunteers at the convention??....

We need to have many attend as guests to the ron paul delegates and we need to flood the volunteer list at convention. Then we need to have as many marchers outside as inside the convention if possible;).......

http://www.gopconvention2008.com/about/internshipapp.aspx

orp
03-12-2008, 09:25 AM
I'm gonna call HQ today with this approach we should all push this every meet up every ron paul supporter inside the republican party and outside the republican party . if you support ron paul you should become a volunteer at st paul convention and also find another supporter to be a guest of a ron paul delegate and we should have everyone that cant get in ,march out side.
I cant see why we couldnt get over 50,000 or more outside and 10,000 inside they need 5000 volunteeers ,its not like anyone else is stepping up to the plate;)

Absolutely...Fill St. Paul with Ron Paul supporters. But, rather than a mass "march"
which requires permits and will be forced to assemble far away from the convention site---we need hundreds of small groups - 2 or 3 people - of Ron Paul supporters EVERYWHERE; in hotel lobbies, restaurants, in and around the convention, talking with the delegates, handing out Ron Paul literature, working to persuade every delegate encountered that only Ron Paul can win in November. :)
John McCain cannot win against any Democrat. :(
If you can't be a delegate, be a volunteer, if not a volunteer then be there to represent Ron Paul and his message of peace and liberty and lobby the delegates.

adam1mc
03-12-2008, 09:27 AM
I wanted to attend as a delegate but I think our meetup has different plans and now it seems that we may not be sending anyone from our County but rather people from other Counties.

I still want to attend. I've got a grip of vacation saved up and by Sept I'll have a ton more. I want to go!

Does anyone have links where we could volunteer?

I also heard that people can request 'Guest' passes for the convention that would allow them to sit in the stands and watch all the action. Guest's won't be allowed on the floor but possibly having a presence inside the Convention will be sufficient.

We need links

peters
03-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Does anyone have links where we could volunteer?

We need links

http://www.gopconvention2008.com/abo...rnshipapp.aspx

I also heard that people can request 'Guest' passes for the convention that would allow them to sit in the stands and watch all the action. Guest's won't be allowed on the floor but possibly having a presence inside the Convention will be sufficient.

Didn't find a link for that. Anyone has information on how to get those Guest passes?

adam1mc
03-12-2008, 09:49 AM
I applied. Here is what I got in return.

Thank you for your interest in volunteer opportunities for the 2008 Republican National Convention. Please supply us with your name, phone number and email address. If you have sent these three pieces of information there is no need to resend. We will keep your request on file and be in contact with you soon.

Thank you,

Minneapolis Saint Paul 2008 Host Committee

peters
03-12-2008, 10:08 AM

An automatic reply message, okay. Please let us know when they get back to you - how quickly they respond, what they ask about, etc.

speciallyblend
03-12-2008, 12:51 PM

http://www.gopconvention2008.com/about/internshipapp.aspx

This should be a 100% grassroots efforts from all the meetups and websites etc and trevor and all the grassroots activists;)

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
03-12-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm in.
We need more Darcys in this here Jericho

kigol
03-12-2008, 01:26 PM
:cool:

speciallyblend
03-13-2008, 07:20 AM
everyone please sign up if you can help .

speciallyblend
03-13-2008, 07:24 AM
I signed up .If they dont use us as volunteers. We still go to St Paul . We need to get all the meet ups and all ron paul supporters across the country to come to St. Paul..

I will drive from colorado if i have to;)

teshuah
03-13-2008, 07:57 AM
we signed up months ago. We were asked to help volunteer when the press came to town to give tours of the eXcel Energy Center etc. Unfortunately our furnace went out the night before that and hubby had to replace it so he wasn't able to make it. But yes, if you sign up you will get sent a mass email at the right time. We haven't heard anything from them since then.

speciallyblend
03-13-2008, 08:27 AM
we signed up months ago. We were asked to help volunteer when the press came to town to give tours of the eXcel Energy Center etc. Unfortunately our furnace went out the night before that and hubby had to replace it so he wasn't able to make it. But yes, if you sign up you will get sent a mass email at the right time. We haven't heard anything from them since then.

lets keep spreading this especially in states closer to st paul and all the meet ups:)

inside outside and from everyside;)

quezkittel
03-13-2008, 10:49 AM
bump for a brilliant idea (unfortunately can't do this one, but will definetely be at the dc march!)

JulioForPaul
03-13-2008, 12:16 PM
This is why I don't understand the "March on Washington". We should be planning a big march on Minn-St.Paul!

warispeace
03-13-2008, 12:46 PM
I applied a few weeks back and got the same message, and have heard nothing since. Glad to know that's all they're doing for now. I was thinking maybe I should do it again. Guess we'll just wait and see what happens...thousands of RP volunteers (Paulunteers) will be amazing!

warispeace
03-13-2008, 01:01 PM
This is why I don't understand the "March on Washington". We should be planning a big march on Minn-St.Paul!
We need both! Hopefully the DC rally will get more to show up in St. Paul.

Ron Paul in St. Paul FTW!!!

teshuah
03-13-2008, 02:03 PM
bump!!!

speciallyblend
03-13-2008, 02:28 PM
We need both! Hopefully the DC rally will get more to show up in St. Paul.

Ron Paul in St. Paul FTW!!!

I just dont see how i can go to both and to me st paul makes more sense. a march in washington might get ignored since marches on washington happen every weekend. I hope the east coasters show in force to washington, i wish i could afford to fly out to washington with my wife,but i can plan for st paul and me and my wife plan on going to st paul.

i think the focus should be on St paul,but i wish the washington march the best.

maybe i should start a chip in if people would like ot help me fly out to washington,but i dont think thats practical from colorado,but id be willing to drive to st paul and could take at least 4-6 in my trailblazer ,it has extra seats,that would be practical..

malibuu
03-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Fantastic link and idea to put on the RP forums !!

Iowa picks it's delegation in June for those of us that made it past the county conventions on last Saturday March 8 so
I'm still working on being a delegate from Iowa - but I have registered to volunteer as well - it'd be alot of fun.

And pass this link on to all the Ron Paul meetups you can. Go viral with it.

That link again is :

speciallyblend
03-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Fantastic link and idea to put on the RP forums !!

Iowa picks it's delegation in June for those of us that made it past the county conventions on last Saturday March 8 so
I'm still working on being a delegate from Iowa - but I have registered to volunteer as well - it'd be alot of fun.

And pass this link on to all the Ron Paul meetups you can. Go viral with it.

That link again is :

Thank You. i dont want to take credit for this. There have been various posts on similiar ideas,but i believe everyone needs to get on the same page and we need to push this everyway we can all over the country on every ron paul site etc.

SO IF ANYONE CAN give this to other sites meet ups and make this go viral i think this will help both marches and hopefully the dc march will be big and they push the st paul march as well.

If we push this for 5 months this will be bigger then nov 5th. so everyone reading this please take this to the next level and give to every ron paul site there is. If we all push this we could easily have more people outside the convention then inside and have volunteers inside and many delegates;)

I hope this forum makes it the main push for the convention etc etc .

EVERYONE FEEL FREE TO EXPAND ON THIS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE

RON PAUL 2008, IT'S WRITTEN IN STONE

Signzit
03-13-2008, 09:45 PM

You're thinking too small and about yourself only. I we have a trial run in DC then in Sept. we will have twice the numbers. Think about it?

Everyone that can't make DC Will surely make it to St.Paul, of those that made it to DC many will also go to St. Paul like me!

Your friends, you know the ones that did not go with you to DC, they will go with you to St.Paul because by then, they will have lost their jobs and having nothing better to do, they will go. Plus by then, the dollar will be in the toilet and way more folks will be pissed off.

In short everything will be worse in September.

It's another chance to network face to face.

Maybe you'll meet someone there, that will give you the secret to life.

Maybe you'll meet your future ex. there! Who knows,

Just go, or don't go!

Like you or I, could convince anyone not to attend.

GoPaul08
03-14-2008, 03:24 AM
It's all on the grassroots;)we need to push this every meet up every ron paul supporter inside the republican party and outside the republican party . if you support ron paul you should become a volunteer at st paul convention and also find another supporter to be a guest of a ron paul delegate and we should have everyone that cant get in ,march out side.

You'd be surprised at the number of people from other camps who ARE volunteering. They just don't make a big deal about it. But for proof...try getting a hotel room within 10 miles of the convention center. Now. You won't be able to. There are going to be plenty of vounteers from McCain's, Huckabee's, Romney's, etc camps signed up.

And if you haven't booked your hotel room by the end of April or so, expect at least an hour drive each and every day. Anybody's who has ever been to Mardi Gras knows what it is like trying to get a hotel room for a major event/convention. For Mardi Gras, if you don't book a room by August of the year before, you are not getting anywhere near Bourbon Street.

Also...if you call now and get lucky enough to get a room within 15 miles of the convention center, you better be planning on staying the entire 4 days. Because you are going to pay for that room for the entire 4 days whether you stay or not. They will all have a minimum stay requirement for that week. (Why? Because they can. Again, a comparison can be made to trying to get a Vegas room for New Years without having to stay for at least 3-4 days. Not gonna happen.)

steph3n
03-14-2008, 06:13 AM
undercover is the best way to do it, some that went all guns blazing will be prime targets to get booted out ASAP!

gilliganscorner
03-14-2008, 06:51 AM
I am not sure why this clicked in my head, but I imagine the RNC would look like this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s8UL_9R_W-Y

Old man = John McCain.
Keating = Ron Paul.
Kids in the class = The GOP delegates.

Except of course RP wins the nomination :D

Sorry. Need more coffee.