PDA

View Full Version : Bringing the Blimp Back for the Convention

NEPA_Revolution
03-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Who is in favor of bringing the Blimp back up for the Convention and who can help donate.

Originally Discussed in this Post
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1344004&posted=1#post1344004

nate895
03-11-2008, 08:03 PM
I have one question about the convention, can I hold a Ron Paul sign in the guest section?

IPSecure
03-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Remote Controlled Blimps For Inside Convention?
http://di1.shopping.com/images/pi/f1/63/5e/41526314-177x150-0-0.jpg

The name will need to be changed to protect the innocent...

Jeremy
03-11-2008, 08:17 PM
only one day... i cant imagine it would cost very much compared to what we're used to

nate895
03-11-2008, 08:17 PM
only one day... i cant imagine it would cost very much compared to what we're used to

4 days. Sept 1-4

speciallyblend
03-11-2008, 08:37 PM
money better spent helping to fund delegates who were voted out so they can attend as volunteers or if they want to march outside the convention or go as a guest with a delegate etc. THAT WOULD BE BETTER SPENT. I helped with donations to the blimp . I SAY NO .LETS GET 10,000 RON PAUL SUPPORTERS as volunteers and guest and marchers outside:) the convention

Joseph Hart
03-11-2008, 08:49 PM
If the effort is strong enough the blimp owners should fly it for free.

NEPA_Revolution
03-11-2008, 10:04 PM
bump for opinions and votes

Akus
03-11-2008, 10:07 PM
I am against this. Blimps are stupid and will not make us look serious. If you have absolutely got to spend some $$ somewhere, buy a TV ad with a professionally made advertisement, God knows Ron Paul won't.

born2drv
03-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Everything started going downhill from the launch of blimp... blame the blimp!!! No blimp!!! :)

Money spent better elsewhere in my opinion.

Just my 2c.

idiom
03-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Spend the money on the remaining primaries.

jrich4rpaul
03-12-2008, 04:58 AM
Another half a million that could go to something more useful, such as other candidate's campaigns... just my input.

robert4rp08
03-12-2008, 07:11 AM
money better spent helping to fund delegates who were voted out so they can attend as volunteers or if they want to march outside the convention or go as a guest with a delegate etc. THAT WOULD BE BETTER SPENT. I helped with donations to the blimp . I SAY NO .LETS GET 10,000 RON PAUL SUPPORTERS as volunteers and guest and marchers outside:) the convention

and also helping fund elected delegates go to the convention

RP4Pres2008
03-12-2008, 07:13 AM
Haven't we learned ANYTHING??

ARealConservative
03-12-2008, 07:33 AM
the blimp would be grounded the entire month of September in Minnesota.

speciallyblend
03-12-2008, 07:33 AM
and also helping fund elected delegates go to the convention

;)

steph3n
03-12-2008, 07:36 AM
stupid idea, really not smart, no help, 400k, 300k, 200k, 100k, 50k 30k, whatever it costs better spent elsewhere!

speciallyblend
03-12-2008, 08:32 AM
save money ,march on the convention st paul ,

wgadget
03-12-2008, 08:35 AM
Let's use the funds to get more people to the convention instead. The more the merrier (and louder)!

flames2dust77
03-12-2008, 08:48 AM

BUT...not just one day. The blimp would have to fly there, eh?

alaric
03-12-2008, 10:37 AM
blimp!

Matthew P.
03-12-2008, 04:58 PM
I agree with all those who have said that we could use the funds in other ways. I liked it when it first went out, but you have to admit that was an incredible sum of money for one month of peculiar advertising. Think of all the billboards that money would have purchased for that month. If we took 350K and used it to put up Ron Paul billboards all over the Twin Cities in major viewing places, people would see his name much more than they would a blimp - I guarantee it. And, you could literally put up dozens of them on high visibility roads like I-35, I-494, I-694, Hwy 169, Hwy 100, Hennepin Ave, Kellog, etc. that would be fantastic! :cool:

RonPaulFanInGA
03-12-2008, 05:03 PM
We have a long time to raise the money. A long time to get the banners and get everything ready. It won't be a rush job this time around.

Revive the blimp!

amy31416
03-12-2008, 09:30 PM
I believe the money would be better spent in other ways.

NEPA_Revolution
03-12-2008, 09:33 PM
But would we get as much raising it for bus trips or billboards?

Misesian
03-12-2008, 09:37 PM
money better spent helping to fund delegates who were voted out so they can attend as volunteers or if they want to march outside the convention or go as a guest with a delegate etc. THAT WOULD BE BETTER SPENT.

Than you and others who have similar views give to those causes, and people who like the blimp can give to fund the blimp.

As Ron Paul supporters why do we not believe in the free market when it comes to these things?!

kevman657
03-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Let's ask ourselves this question, did it really buy us the media attention we thought it would? And personally, I am not 100% trustful of the people running it. They still have a website up asking for donations because they "haven't paid off everyone yet". Yeah right. And the quote at the top of the page is just absurd. "...I decided I needed to take the advice of the blimp...", Yeah, no marketing involved there. If that's what it takes to convert voters we should have won Florida.

I think $350,000 would be perfect for a number of the liberty candidates running for Congress. The blimp was talked about for a week and then everyone knew, "Ron Paul has a blimp." Until I see evidence that it had any effect on voter's decisions, I'm never supporting this (as I never supported it in the first place).

Misesian
03-12-2008, 09:40 PM
I believe the money would be better spent in other ways.

Yes, you might, though I'm going to spend my money the way I wish to spend it. Otherwise it's staying in my pocket.

Seriously, why do we want to control the way other people spend their money?

I'm not even so sure I'd want to fund the blimp but these are statist and controlling arguments that we believe people should, and even would, spend their money in ways that we deem to be better.

kevman657
03-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Yes, you might, though I'm going to spend my money the way I wish to spend it. Otherwise it's staying in my pocket.

I'm not even so sure I'd want to fund the blimp but these are statist and controlling arguments that we believe people should, and even would, spend their money in ways that we deem to be better.

Yeah, it's called having some input. If you wanna fund the blimp that's fine, but don't be surprised when we give our advice on better ways to support Ron Paul.

If everyone wanted to pay for a 30 second national TV ad, even though it wouldn't have much effect, would I be allowed to say I think we should spend our money in different areas? There are no problems with suggestions. Hell, we debated back and forth about the Nov. 5 idea and because of that it turned out a lot better. People came and gave their ideas, how to improve, maybe look at a different approach.

$350,000 is a lot of money and would take a lot of donors. Don't be shocked when I try to advise people to spend their money for a good cause more wisely.

amy31416
03-12-2008, 09:58 PM

The OP asked for opinions, and I gave mine. I never stated that my opinion should control how others spend their money. Do whatever you like.

My opinion remains the same. There's a difference between control and coming to a consensus on how we should try to unite our efforts.

Misesian
03-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Yeah, it's called having some input. If you wanna fund the blimp that's fine, but don't be surprised when we give our advice on better ways to support Ron Paul.

If everyone wanted to pay for a 30 second national TV ad, even though it wouldn't have much effect, would I be allowed to say I think we should spend our money in different areas? There are no problems with suggestions. Hell, we debated back and forth about the Nov. 5 idea and because of that it turned out a lot better. People came and gave their ideas, how to improve, maybe look at a different approach.

$350,000 is a lot of money and would take a lot of donors. Don't be shocked when I try to advise people to spend their money for a good cause more wisely.

Sure you can SAY and SUGGEST whatever you wish, but those people who think they can control how others spend their money by simply eliminating the possible market for a re-emergence of the blimp do not appear to understand how the free market works.

Just because you get 100 vocal people in this thread to yell NO about the blimp, stop another effort to bring it back for four days, does not mean at all that the people who WOULD HAVE donated to the blimp would just automatically turn around and give to some other random cause that's out there.

Absolutely 100% not! The people that gave on the 5th of november gave because this inspired them to do so. This inspiration spread and went viral rather quickly. If it was shot down in the thread it would've revived itself because of course it was a great idea.

I'm NOT saying bringing the blimp back is a great idea. I'm not saying it's not. I'm saying that if you DON'T FUND THE BLIMP, it doesn't automatically mean that those dollars that would've gone there, are going to go to any other causes we might think is better than the blimp.

speciallyblend
03-13-2008, 08:05 AM
Than you and others who have similar views give to those causes, and people who like the blimp can give to fund the blimp.

As Ron Paul supporters why do we not believe in the free market when it comes to these things?!

the op asked for our opinion I said i donated to the original blimp ,but for ME i think my money is better saved so i can fly or drive to St Paul to the CONVENTION... good luck but your the one arguing ,we are giving our opinions as the op asked. i just said i disagreed with the blimp,since id rather show up to the convention,then say well i cant go to the convention because i donated to a blimp....
blimp for opinions

Id rather see more ron paul supporters outside the convention then are neo-cons inside. Id rather see more ron paul delegates and volunteers inside the convention,this is what im working on. If you guys are raising money and your 5 -50 bucks short of the goial ,then i might consider a donation,but until then my focus is the convention, ooo and planes are more effective with flying banners and cheaper and wont be grounded as quickly . WE NEED THE RON PAUL AIR FORCE cheaper and more effective for the convention

OR REMOTE CONTROL BLIMPS INSIDE THE CONVENTION, mission impossible ,now that would be awesome set a control from outside with camera and fly the thing inside as high as possible hehe ,NOW THAT WOULD BE AWESOME ,maybe find a gop media source that is favorable to ron pul then use a camera blimp with ron paul on it ;)

speciallyblend
03-13-2008, 08:16 AM
Remote Control RON PAUL BLIMPS INSIDE THE CONVENTION ,or would the GOP label them terrorist Ron Paul blimps and evacuate the building , or maybe lots of RON PAUL BALLOONS?

dsentell
03-13-2008, 08:29 AM
I would love to see the blimp fly over the convention, BUT, NO, I will not support it.

I believe money is better spent helping some of our Pauliticians get elected to Congress.

DONATE TO BRENT SANDERS!

amy31416
03-13-2008, 08:36 AM
I would love to see the blimp fly over the convention, BUT, NO, I will not support it.

I believe money is better spent helping some of our Pauliticians get elected to Congress.

DONATE TO BRENT SANDERS!

And the Senate!

malibuu
03-13-2008, 08:52 AM
A Great idea - all the Ron Paul delegates from eastern Iowa would sure love to see it.

YouTube - over 94,000 hits : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6I5zYu541Q

dsentell
03-13-2008, 08:55 AM
And the Senate!

Ooooops!!!!!!!!

Absolutely right !

RonPaulFanInGA
03-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Blimp.