PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Ron Paul is slowly....

satchelmcqueen
03-11-2008, 06:35 PM
....taking over YouTube again! Just the few apperences he has had in the last few days have been pushed into the top page results on almost all catagories on the new/politics section. Go check it out and watch his vids and 5 star and favorite them. help a brother out!

ronpaulhawaii
03-11-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm tellingn ya, he's catchin on! :D

Revolution9
03-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Rewgardless of what the third party and other assorted trolls say.. He is far from off the radar and does not have to flip flop. He talks about convention and giving conservatives a choice. He talks about getting the Republican Party back to its roots. How the hell the third party trolls can summarize that into flip flopping a run to a third party is beyond me..except they just have to troll or push on a string some more to no avail.

Best
Randy

Conza88
03-12-2008, 04:34 AM
Randy wins! And so will Dr. RP ;)

SteveMartin
03-12-2008, 07:05 AM
1/3 of you better wake up.

Ron Paul can only WIN as an independent. He can make lots of nice statements, collect email lists, and build a "movement" just as easily that way too.

LEK
03-12-2008, 07:10 AM
.. He is far from off the radar and does not have to flip flop. He talks about convention and giving conservatives a choice. He talks about getting the Republican Party back to its roots.
Best
Randy

Yes and yes!

Shed
03-12-2008, 07:17 AM
1/3 of you better wake up.

Ron Paul can only WIN as an independent. He can make lots of nice statements, collect email lists, and build a "movement" just as easily that way too.

No, he can never win as an independent, at all, ever, under any circumstances. The proportion of people in the USA who have never heard of him is close to 100% and merely being on the ballot won't change that: on the contrary to win in the electoral college requires a plurality win in many states. To suppose for a moment that Paul can go from 5-10% in low turnout primaries to 50%+ across the country is mindboggling in its detachment from reality.

Long term success comes from reforming the Republican party. A crushing defeat in a general election will hurt the credibility of true conservative ideals.

acptulsa
03-12-2008, 07:23 AM
The Republican/independent debate continues. I, meanwhile, continue to advocate getting him ballot access as a means to the end of getting the Republican nomination because we will, without Dr. Paul's permission, be threatening the party with a split vote. In other words, I feel we need to work toward the one to achieve the other.

We're all on the same side, here. Our goals seem different, but one is merely a frontal attack and the other a flank attack on the same target. We really, really don't need to fight about it. I am working toward both goals--circulating a ballot access petition this summer and voting for Ron Paul delegates at the conventions in the meantime. Frontal and flank.

pcosmar
03-12-2008, 07:34 AM
The Republican/independent debate continues. I, meanwhile, continue to advocate getting him ballot access as a means to the end of getting the Republican nomination because we will, without Dr. Paul's permission, be threatening the party with a split vote. In other words, I feel we need to work toward the one to achieve the other.

We're all on the same side, here. Our goals seem different, but one is merely a frontal attack and the other a flank attack on the same target. We really, really don't need to fight about it. I am working toward both goals--circulating a ballot access petition this summer and voting for Ron Paul delegates at the conventions in the meantime. Frontal and flank.

Hear here, (or listen up)
Taking back the "established' party is the best bet.
I am still trying to educate folks around me, to wake them up.
It is not over yet. I hope for an upset at the convention, but am also prepared to Write In Dr. Paul.
I am making it CLEAR to the Republican party that McCain is UNACCEPTABLE.
I will be working with local Candidates.
This ain't over.