PDA

View Full Version : Quick hide the kids...salvia next M.J.

coastie
03-11-2008, 05:45 PM
When oh when will this fucking madness ever stop....

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — On Web sites touting the mind-blowing powers of Salvia divinorum, come-ons to buy the hallucinogenic herb are accompanied by warnings: "Time is running out!" and "stock up while you still can."

That's because salvia is being targeted by lawmakers concerned that the inexpensive and easy-to-obtain plant could become the next marijuana. Eight states have already placed restrictions on salvia, and 16 others, including Florida, are considering a ban or have previously.

"As soon as we make one drug illegal, kids start looking around for other drugs they can buy legally. This is just the next one," said Florida state Rep. Mary Brandenburg, who has introduced a bill to make possession of salvia a felony punishable by up to five years in prison.:eek:

Rest of artlicle:http://home.knology.net/news/read.php?id=15990993&ps=1011&lang=en&_LT=HOME_USNWC01L1_UNEWS

I'm about to write this bitch, cause she's obviously taken one too many Vicodin with her Vodka and Tonic. Since when to "kids start looking for other drugs they can buy legally" when one becomes illegal. She needs a good slap back into the reality zone, as the exact opposite is true. These idiot lawmakers never cease to amaze me with their logic as if the War on Drugs is actually working or something....Fuck this pisses me off to no end-and I'm on the front lines of this War:eek::mad::mad:.

Nirvikalpa
03-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Because that's so much worse than rape, and murder, and child molesting, of course. :rolleyes:

yongrel
03-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Drugs kill! Almost as often as DEA agents do!

Banana
03-11-2008, 06:04 PM
In good old days, saliva was something you made yourself and gave to a nerdy kid in a form of a ball.

Now they're using it as a drug?!?

Those crazy new waves trying every newfangled something under sky. I tell you, those dad-blasted kids have it easy!

FrankRep
03-11-2008, 06:08 PM
And yet Alcohol and Tobacco remain Legal.

Stupid Drug war...

Banana
03-11-2008, 06:09 PM
What was the rationale for repealing prohibition again?

heartless
03-11-2008, 06:16 PM
What was the rationale for repealing prohibition again?

Mobsters like Al Capone got rich and powerful off of bootlegging

FrankRep
03-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Mobsters like Al Capone got rich and powerful off of bootlegging

Like modern day drug lords....

satchelmcqueen
03-11-2008, 06:25 PM
And yet Alcohol and Tobacco remain Legal.

Stupid Drug war...

Exactly! I didnt drink until i was 32 (last year) , and now the term "illegal drug" is such a joke to me. I wished Id never had my first drink. It is so very addicting and can be so dangerous. But yet still legal....dont get it.

Wait paul said one time the only reason alcohol is legal is because so many polititions(sp?) drink it.

coastie
03-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Exactly! I didnt drink until i was 32 (last year) , and now the term "illegal drug" is such a joke to me. I wished Id never had my first drink. It is so very addicting and can be so dangerous. But yet still legal....dont get it.

Wait paul said one time the only reason alcohol is legal is because so many polititions(sp?) drink it.

Eh, partially true...

The Alcohol and Tobacco lobbies are to blame, they spen healthy sums of money every year (along with the Prison-Industrial complex) to make sure drugs remain illegal by keeping the fear of drugs going....

Something like 3-400,000 people die ever year from alcohol-related health effects and no, the accidents are not included.

Less than 10,000 are killed every year from the effects of heroin and cocaine COMBINED....And these are supposed to be the "baddest of the bad"???

Now look, I dont think ANY of these things should be illegal, so I also get pissed at the "why are'nt they illegal, too" catch phrase that so many cite when arguing about the Drug War.

Why isn't ALL of it LEGAL? The justification of the Drug War is negated by the FACTS of illegal drug related deaths already. Tobacco and alcohol kill more in one year than ALL the illegal dugs COMBINED in several years..

<sigh>.....I could go on, but the Vodka and Cranberry is talking now...:o:rolleyes:

It's a damn shame I cant (at the moment:p:cool:) enjoy things that dont have the side effects of the alcohol.:(