PDA

View Full Version : Contact ABCRadio, Inform we will Boycott

Razmear
08-17-2007, 06:21 PM
This is what I just sent to them via their webform:

Because of Mark Levin's call to action on his website telling his listeners to call Ron Paul's office and let the staffers know that Ron Paul has no chance of winning, and that Ron Paul should drop out of the race, The Ron Paul Revolution will be actively boycotting all advertisers that appear on Mark Levin's show, and all ABC and Disney products until a public apology is issued by Mark Levin.
We also reserve the right to take any other non-violent action against Mark Levin as deemed needed to repel this unwarranted attack by Mark Levin upon your radio network.
Best Regards,
Eric Burke
Anderson, SC

The form is located at:
http://abcradionetworks.com/contactus.asp?s=2

and I addressed it to:
Digital Media/Online Ad Sales

Maybe a few hundred more of these notes might get their attention.

eb

torchbearer
08-17-2007, 06:24 PM
comment sent. paraphrased yours.

slantedview
08-17-2007, 06:26 PM
This is a great idea.... make him feel the pain where it hurts (from above) !

E-mail sent.

wgadget
08-17-2007, 06:29 PM
Done. ;)

shrugged0106
08-17-2007, 06:32 PM
done

Colleen
08-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Hi Ron Supporters,

I was able to get three calls in, thusfar. Two different guys answered, one less rude than the other. I could tell by their voices that they were overwhelmed and exasperated. I think calls are coming in from all over. The world!!!

Dustancostine
08-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Good Job Colleen.

Dustancostine
08-17-2007, 06:37 PM
abcradionetworks.com phone number:

For General Programming or ABC Radio Networks questions, please call: 212.735.1700

AcidReign
08-17-2007, 06:40 PM
Beautifully done. Message sent.

Tuck
08-17-2007, 06:43 PM
done ;)

Dustancostine
08-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Email sent, no one is there to answer their phones currently.

jm1776
08-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Done! :)

Marceline88
08-17-2007, 06:46 PM
I registered my intent to boycott ABC/Disney and Mark Levine and his advertisers until a formal apology is issued as well. Boycotting Disney breaks my heart as I love everything Disney dearly. But the company must know that this kind of ignorant venom is going to damage them where it hurts the most. Bottom line.

Hamburglar
08-17-2007, 06:57 PM
He will probably use this to say Ron Paul supporters are anti free speech.

Shink
08-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Just sent them mine. I think Disney's going to be pissed off that an Army veteran is boycotting them and spreading it to other military personnel.

Help us boycott! It's really easy. There's a form that does most of it for you, you just add in your message, basically.

0zzy
08-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Emailed.

Suzu
08-17-2007, 07:01 PM
My note to ABC:

I will no longer listen to any ABC radio or television broadcast nor do business with any firm that advertises on ABC, because of host Mark Levin, who has posted on his website "Call Ron Paul's office and tell him he can't win." When you click that, the congressman's phone number appears in a popup window.

He was getting a lot of calls from supporters of Ron Paul, who were trying to have an intelligent discussion with him. I heard him cut off one caller who started to mention that Andrew Napolitano (from FOX News) has called Ron Paul "The Thomas Jefferson of our day", so I called in myself. The call screener cut me off before I could finish saying the Judge's name.

Then at the end of the show, he said no Ron Paul supporters had called, and that they were all "gutless nerds".

Mark Levin is unbelievably arrogant and ABC is unbelievably stupid for letting him get away with such juvenile tactics. You need to make him either APOLGIZE ON AIR or cancel his show.

I am far from alone in my sentiments. ABC will feel this loss.

libertarianguy
08-17-2007, 07:04 PM
test

Wyurm
08-17-2007, 07:17 PM
sent, also mentioned that my wife and I had intended to take a vacation to Disney World later in the year.

maggiebott
08-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Done

MikeStanart
08-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Mark Levin's recently told his listeners to harrass a US House member ( Ron Paul) by abusing his Washington Congressional Telephone line. This is an absurd disregard for our Civil Servants, and I feel this immaturity should not be displayed by someone at ABC. I am a loyal viewer to the ABC network; on television and radio. However, unless this is dealt with vigilantly; I will immediately boycott ABC, and the products advertised on it's stations.

Thank you
Mike Stanart

slantedview
08-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Mark Levin's recently told his listeners to harrass a US House member ( Ron Paul) by abusing his Washington Congressional Telephone line. This is an absurd disregard for our Civil Servants, and I feel this immaturity should not be displayed by someone at ABC. I am a loyal viewer to the ABC network; on television and radio. However, unless this is dealt with vigilantly; I will immediately boycott ABC, and the products advertised on it's stations.

Thank you
Mike Stanart
Excellent letter Mike.

BuddyRey
08-17-2007, 07:42 PM
We need a YouTube video describing the boycott, maybe even including the original audio of the broadcast. That will REALLY set things off!

MikeStanart
08-17-2007, 07:44 PM
By chance, does anyone have a list of ALL of ABC's advertisers?

slantedview
08-17-2007, 07:44 PM
We need a YouTube video describing the boycott, maybe even including the original audio of the broadcast. That will REALLY set things off!
Any video editors interested? Does anyone have audio from the broadcast that started this off?

pwnsey
08-17-2007, 07:49 PM
done

Henry
08-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Mark Levin,

Not will I only boycott your show, regarding your comments about Ron Paul throwing in the towel. I will also make a vigilant effort to make sure that all of my family, friends, your advertisers, and letters to the editor to our local papers as well as the national press see your distortions. I am going to shed light on your slurred view of democracy.

By the way, were you born a neo-con? Or is this a recent event?

Henry

Daveforliberty
08-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Comment sent.

rp4prez
08-17-2007, 08:06 PM
don't know how much it helped but i sent one too.

BuddyRey
08-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Any video editors interested? Does anyone have audio from the broadcast that started this off?

I'm not sure who made this one, but thank you! Please help us build this one up on YouTube, 'cause the neocons are voting it down. And...let the blowback begin!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1rMHQZk4xo

Buzz
08-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Done!

tmg19103
08-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Mine:

I have found Mark Levin's decision to attempt to ruin and derail the campaign of a presidential candidate disgraceful.

Ron Paul is a respected 10 term member of Congress and has the backing of millions of U.S. citizens.

That Mark Levin would call for his listeners to bombard Dr. Paul's headquarters with phone calls (and to post this on his website) is nothing short of sabbotaging a presidential campaign with the backing of ABC.

I will be contacting various media outlets about this. I, my family and friends will boycott anything and everything related to ABC - including your sponsors, whom I will be contacting in regards to this abhorrent, unethical and un-American behavior.

Sincerely,

Man from La Mancha
08-17-2007, 08:32 PM
I think some should not boycott the show. I would think it would be better to swap his call board with Ron Paul people that would really affect his ability to use call in segments. 2 a good long battle with him over Ron no matter how negative will get people curious and look up Ron and you know what happens then. Another Paul supporter and then they will call. I see lots of free publicity here. IMO

EDIT wow I hadn't been gone several hours and didn't realize there is over 32 pages of post on the other thread and these has been discussed. Talk about hitting a nerve

tmg19103
08-17-2007, 08:33 PM
What my girlfriend just sent:

Mark Levin should be ashamed of himself.

I have emailed Ron Paul's campaign suggesting they contact the office of the United States Attorney General in regards to Mark Levin's documented effort to illegally disrupt the business of the United States government by having Levin's listeners bombard Congressman Paul's headquarters with useless phone calls when Representative Paul has important business to conduct as an elected offical serving United States citizens.

With the utmost sincerity,

P.S. While race is not an issue here, I find this far worse than what Don Imus did as Imus only insulted some good people while Levin is obstructing government busienss and I demand his termination.

tmg19103
08-17-2007, 08:35 PM
I say keep sending the emails and then bombard the show 6-8 EST Monday by telling the screeners this call is to indicate ALL ABC shows and sponsors will be boycotted once the phone is hung up.

Eli
08-17-2007, 08:43 PM
email sent.

bbachtung
08-17-2007, 08:49 PM
E-mailed them.

Wyurm
08-17-2007, 08:55 PM
EDIT wow I hadn't been gone several hours and didn't realize there is over 32 pages of post on the other thread and these has been discussed. Talk about hitting a nerve

I look at it like this, if he had told his listeners to call the campaign that would have been very wrong and unethical and we still would be pressing for a boycott. But by asking them to call RP's congressional office what he did boarders on illegal. As I said before, I don't think it actually is illegal, but it is interfering with government activities. If this were to contest a bill or some other government issue it would be ok, but calling his office to insult the campaign is of questionable ethics in the least. Not only that but hes not having them call to say they disagree with RP, instead hes asking them to say he can't win. More importantly, its not RP that will get these messages, its whomever is taking calls while they are not in session. How would you like to be holding down the fort and have a bunch of people call in to say your boss sucks?

Its a personal attack on Ron Paul, and I see a personal attack on Ron Paul as a personal attack on us. Its as bad as if someone was harrassing my dad at work, disrupting his business.

ctb619
08-17-2007, 08:55 PM
done

Bluedevil
08-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Ive never heard of the guy. Hes probably just trying to draw attention to himself.

scottmanis
08-17-2007, 09:02 PM
I sent a message admonishing their lack of foresight in allowing Mark Levin on the airwaves.

pennycat
08-17-2007, 09:22 PM
I sent them a message too. Keep it up Paulistas!

jorger
08-17-2007, 10:10 PM
sent

jj111
08-17-2007, 10:11 PM
I say let's come to our senses. This person is not really hurting the campaign a bit to our knowledge. He is a nobody. If you escalate this thing, you bring publicity and blowback, and this nobody all of a sudden you have turned into a somebody.

Ignore him.

tmg19103
08-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Sorry, but as long as he has that post on his website to call RP HQ and bother RP's staff, he needs to be taked to task.

If this gets any publicity, I'd say it would be great for RP - his supporters backing him against a neo-con radio host who is harassing his campaign and ability to run his congressional office.

robatsu
08-17-2007, 10:18 PM
done.

robatsu
08-17-2007, 10:19 PM
I put in my message that this is the campaign, returning the call.

JPFromTally
08-17-2007, 11:29 PM
I don't see any difference between this and what Imus said about the basketball players.

devil21
08-18-2007, 12:04 AM
My email sent. I also questioned the legality of Mark Levin advising (inciting?) his listeners to intentionally disrupt the office operations of a sitting Congressman. Any federal law scholars here who can look into the legality? I want this guy to become the next Don Imus over this. Blowback indeed.

BuddyRey
08-18-2007, 12:58 AM
This has even blown up on Digg!

http://www.digg.com/search?s=Mark+Levin+Ron+Paul&section=news&type=both&area=all&sort=score

Ironic that Mark Levin will get more publicity from this than he has ever gotten from hosting his crappy, uninspiring radio show!