PDA

View Full Version : Clinton/Obama following Dr. Paul's lead?

Dave
05-25-2007, 08:28 AM
Last night Clinton and Obama voted against the Iraq war funding bill. The measure still passed 80-14.

Do you think the high-profile confrontation between Dr. Paul and Giuliani and the ensuing firestorm of discussion and support for Dr. Paul helped give them the courage to vote no? Interesting to think about...

RonPaul4President
05-25-2007, 08:46 AM
What wer're going to end up with is a wave of Ron Paul wannabes trying to emulate his style to garner support. We have to stay on top of this and bring it into the light. As far as I concerned, all the other candidates besides Paul look like circus clowns--on strings. Especially the jaw.

Corruption, here is your ass. Americans are waking up to the fresh smell of truth.

Ron Paul for President.

MsDoodahs
05-25-2007, 09:02 AM
John Edwards was the first dem to demonstrate his follower status by trying to get ahead of the pack and proclaim, "SEE, LOOK AT ME! I'M JUST LIKE RON PAUL!" Hillary and Obama followed Edwards via their votes.

And further, I do NOT believe any of them would have had the balls to do it UNLESS the dems KNOW - and by KNOW, I mean have DOCUMENTABLE EVIDENCE - that their party is losing registered voters who are switching parties expressly to allow them to vote for Dr. Paul in the primaries.

Dr. Paul is truly shaking them up - on both sides of the aisle.

llamabread
05-25-2007, 09:10 AM
I was wondering about the impact of so many people switching to Republican to vote for Ron Paul. Seems like the Republican party would be pretty happy for all of these switchers, but then again, right after the primaries their party membership will plummet.

MsDoodahs
05-25-2007, 09:14 AM
I don't believe the GOP is AT ALL happy to see so many switching or registering.

There is only ONE candidate that is generating enough interest to actually cause people to switch/register.

We know who that is.

So do they.

It must be terrifying to them.

:D

IT SHOULD BE!!!

AMERICANS ARE WAKING UP!!!!

Liberty
05-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Clinton and Obama voted no after passage was assured.

JoshLowry
05-25-2007, 09:55 AM

Got a source/link on that?

Liberty
05-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Keith Olbermann reported it during his show Countdown on MSNBC yesterday, May 24.

MsDoodahs
05-25-2007, 10:28 AM
I've seen it somewhere today in reading around, Josh. If I come across it again, I'll post the link here.

MsD

Liberty
05-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Good article why the Dem's caved.
http://www.antiwar.com/pat/?articleid=11021

Liberty
05-25-2007, 10:49 AM
Section from article linked above that got my attention.

"Also drumming for war on Iran are the floundering neocons and the Israeli lobby. Under orders from the lobby, Nancy Pelosi stripped from a House bill a stipulation that Bush must come to Congress for authorization before launching an attack on Iran."

Hawaii Libertarian
05-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Got a source/link on that?

I watched the vote live on C-SPAN-2, carefully listening to the votes as they were recorded. Indeed, Clinton and Obama didn't cast their votes until after passage of the bill was assured. So much for their leadership and courage on this issue.

slantedview
05-25-2007, 11:29 AM

Agree with others, we need to get a reference to this so we can reference it later.

SeanEdwards
05-25-2007, 02:05 PM
Last night Clinton and Obama voted against the Iraq war funding bill. The measure still passed 80-14.

Do you think the high-profile confrontation between Dr. Paul and Giuliani and the ensuing firestorm of discussion and support for Dr. Paul helped give them the courage to vote no? Interesting to think about...

They may be sleazy, but they ain't totally stupid. John Edwards already started trying to co-opt Paul's strong anti-war stance, now other dems are following suit.

rg123
05-25-2007, 07:46 PM
even the president copied rons answers at the debates when he said

PRESIDENT BUSH Press Conference May 24, 2007 Quote:

Yesterday, in my speech, I quoted quotes from Osama bin Laden. And the reason I did was, is that I want the American people to hear what he has to say -- not what I say, what he says. And in my judgment, we ought to be taking the words of the enemy seriously.

And so, yes, it could be a bloody -- it could be a very difficult August, and I fully understand --

he copied Ron at the debate here

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/05/20070524.html

rg123
05-25-2007, 07:50 PM
not only that I remember exactly when he said bloody as well and the look on his face he had a bush blurb there and did not mean to say that but he was rambling on and screwed up right after his pitch copying Ron

mrapathy
05-25-2007, 08:06 PM
check news on drugereport.com

major troop withdrawl planned for 2008. it could just be propaganda but if true could be the beginning of major wind change. someone else said it best earlier in thread lots of Ron Paul wannabe's. Fred Thompson could come out Pro Iraq pull out.
most would deem it not probable or likely. used to know a saying for that dont recall it.

also whitehouse ignoring CIA intel on what Iraq would turn into and more blowback.

Caution Truth Storm coming expect lots of anger and resentment from those that gun drunk off the wine of babylon as they go cold turkey and hit hangover.