PDA

View Full Version : ask RP to challenge McCain's eligibility for President

gaazn
03-11-2008, 02:16 PM
if McCain wins in November. For the sake of future generations and the clarification of the Constitution, the Supreme Court must rule on whether McCain is in fact a natural born citizen eligible for President of the United States. This will only occur if McCain wins in November and one of the losers bring the issue to court. Because of RP's unique position of losing to McCain in the election season and his love for the Constitution, he could be the only person willing to challenge McCain in the Supreme Court.

Read NY Times article about this:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/us/politics/28mccain.html?ex=1361941200&en=cb10996a573ae261&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

Kludge
03-11-2008, 02:19 PM
As with many states, MSM also has a sore-loser law...

jointhefightforfreedom
03-11-2008, 08:25 PM
To date, no American to take the presidential oath has had an official birthplace outside the 50 states.
That statement alone has me demanding a legal ruling!
We need once and for all legal verification!

nate895
03-11-2008, 08:27 PM
I say we get Albert Howard to do it, like the NH recount he sponsored.

Charles Wilson
03-11-2008, 08:37 PM
if McCain wins in November. For the sake of future generations and the clarification of the Constitution, the Supreme Court must rule on whether McCain is in fact a natural born citizen eligible for President of the United States. This will only occur if McCain wins in November and one of the losers bring the issue to court. Because of RP's unique position of losing to McCain in the election season and his love for the Constitution, he could be the only person willing to challenge McCain in the Supreme Court.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/us/politics/28mccain.html?ex=1361941200&en=cb10996a573ae261&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

The US Supreme Court should most definately rule on whether McCain is eligible or not. Those in power today do not give a damn about the Constitution and will only follow it if they are forced to do so -- they prove that every day.

We Ron Paul supporters in the grass roots should start a petition and ask Ron Paul to challenge John McCain on this issue. It is extremely important that our leaders abide by the law of the land.

Under the Constitution, John McCain is not eligible to be President. To be eligible he would have to be a natural born Citizen ( US Constitution, Article II, Section I, Item 4). John McCain was born in Panama and is a naturalized citizen. Please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ationality_law. And http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural-born_citizen.

Also, John McCain may be breaking the law because he, most likely, has spent more than 54 million dollars on his campaign. Please see: http://www.fec.gov/press/press2008/FECtoMcCain.PDF

Slutter McGee
03-11-2008, 08:50 PM
I can't stand McCain just as much of as the rest of yall. But as somebody who was born in an Army Base in Germany, and grew up in Texas all my life, that I can't run for president because my father was ordered to be in Germany.

This is nothing more than the attempted twisting and manipulation of legal precendent, without regard for common sense or logic, serving nothing more than a political purpose. Honestly, it reminds me of something the Republican Party would do.

I am not suggesting that this revolution should not play down and dirty with politics. As much as I detest it, it might be the only way to make a difference. What I am suggesting, is that you should not attempt to limit the RIGHTS of the children of miltary parents. Jesus Christ, isn't that what this whole damn thing is about. Rights.

I have already gotten involved in the political process. Frankly, i think you should all stop bitching about political technicalities, and actually try to make a difference.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Charles Wilson
03-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Slutter McGee

Please read the links I provided above.

Charles Wilson

Kludge
03-11-2008, 09:09 PM
I believe that those laws were more to assure that a foreign influence wouldn't command "our" country. While inept, I don't think McCain is of a foreign agenda.

It'd be a sad day if we'd use such morally bankrupt tactics to defeat opposition, even if he does violate some of these laws

qh4dotcom
03-11-2008, 09:32 PM
At the time the Constitution was written, the US had no military bases abroad. The authors of the Constitution never imagined that the US would become an empire with military bases all over the world. So I say we respect their decision that you need to be born in the US to run for president.

RP4EVER
03-11-2008, 09:35 PM
was McCain born in an American controled area?

Bradley in DC
03-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Until someone produces McCain's naturalization papers, accept that he is a natural born citizen (because his parents were citizens when he was born--geography has nothing to do with it).

qh4dotcom
03-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Here's government proof that McCain is ineligible to run for President

From the state.gov government website

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86755.pdf

It says there

"Despite widespread popular belief, U.S. military installations abroad and U.S. diplomatic or consular facilities are not part of the United States within the meaning of the 14th Amendment. A child born on the premises of such a facility is not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and does not acquire U.S. citizenship by reason of birth."

As such, it McCain is a citizen by law (because his parents are U.S.) but not by birth, and is thus not allowed by the Constitution to run for President.

Charles Wilson
03-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Here's government proof that McCain is ineligible to run for President

From the state.gov government website

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86755.pdf

It says there

"Despite widespread popular belief, U.S. military installations abroad and U.S. diplomatic or consular facilities are not part of the United States within the meaning of the 14th Amendment. A child born on the premises of such a facility is not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and does not acquire U.S. citizenship by reason of birth."

As such, it McCain is a citizen by law (because his parents are U.S.) but not by birth, and is thus not allowed by the Constitution to run for President.

Thanks for the clarification. It is time we all follow the written law under the Constitution and stop rationlizing our own opinions as to what we like and do not like. The US Constitution is not a living document that can be changed on a whim.

We need to petition Ron Paul and ask him to challege John McCain's eligibility to become President. Either we follow the letter of the law or we have no law at all.

Bradley in DC
03-12-2008, 09:12 AM
The US Supreme Court should most definately rule on whether McCain is eligible or not.

Then you haven't seen my dozens of posts on this subject (shamelessly pilfered from Findlaw)--the Supreme Court says children of Americans born abroad are "natural born citizens":

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1221551&postcount=5

McCain is a natural born citizen. Period
Because McCain's parents were citizens when he was born, McCain IS a natural born citizen (no matter where he was born). This is the law: 8 U.S.C. Sec. 1401.

Significantly, however, Congress, in which a number of Framers sat, provided in the Naturalization act of 1790 that ''the children of citizens of the United States, that may be born beyond the sea, . . . shall be considered as natural born citizens. . . .'' [Act of March 26, 1790, 1 Stat. 103, 104. See Weedin v. Chin Bow, 274 U.S. 657, 661 -666 (1927); United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649, 672 -675 (1898). With minor variations, this language remained law in subsequent reenactments until an 1802 Act, which omitted the italicized words for reasons not discernable. See Act of Feb. 10, 1855, 10 Stat. 604 (enacting same provision, for offspring of American-citizen fathers, but omitting the italicized phrase).]

McCain is either a "natural born citizen" [hint: he is] or a "naturalized" citizen [hint: he's not]--or do you contest his citizenship entirely?

Weedin v. Chin Bow (1927) holds that "at common law the children of our citizen born abroad were always natural born citizen from the standpoint of this government."
It is the consensus of scholars that foreign born children of Americans are natural born citizens. And that would mean that McCain would certainly qualify.

Deborah K
03-12-2008, 09:21 AM
I heard on the local news this morning here in Cali that a Federal Court Judge in Riverside is going to hear a complaint about his eligibility.

Charles Wilson
03-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Then you haven't seen my dozens of posts on this subject (shamelessly pilfered from Findlaw)--the Supreme Court says children of Americans born abroad are "natural born citizens":

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1221551&postcount=5

McCain is a natural born citizen. Period
Because McCain's parents were citizens when he was born, McCain IS a natural born citizen (no matter where he was born). This is the law: 8 U.S.C. Sec. 1401.

Significantly, however, Congress, in which a number of Framers sat, provided in the Naturalization act of 1790 that ''the children of citizens of the United States, that may be born beyond the sea, . . . shall be considered as natural born citizens. . . .'' [Act of March 26, 1790, 1 Stat. 103, 104. See Weedin v. Chin Bow, 274 U.S. 657, 661 -666 (1927); United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649, 672 -675 (1898). With minor variations, this language remained law in subsequent reenactments until an 1802 Act, which omitted the italicized words for reasons not discernable. See Act of Feb. 10, 1855, 10 Stat. 604 (enacting same provision, for offspring of American-citizen fathers, but omitting the italicized phrase).]

McCain is either a "natural born citizen" [hint: he is] or a "naturalized" citizen [hint: he's not]--or do you contest his citizenship entirely?

Weedin v. Chin Bow (1927) holds that "at common law the children of our citizen born abroad were always natural born citizen from the standpoint of this government."
It is the consensus of scholars that foreign born children of Americans are natural born citizens. And that would mean that McCain would certainly qualify.

Bradley I have a high regard for your opinioin. Having said that, I do not doubt McCain's citizenship. I just want to make darn sure that anyone elected to President is eligible under the Constitution. This is the position of President we are discussing here. It is a slippery slope that could result in untold problems in the future if we do not get it right. I have children that are natural born citizens and children that are naturalized citizens. Frankly, I do not want Arnold from Calefornia or some other politician like Mel from Florida as President of this country. We must be darn careful we do not set a precedent that will open the door to anybody and everybody who wants to be President.

There are enough ambiguities about the issue that I feel the highest position in the land (US Presidency) should be protected by the higest court in the land (US Supreme Court). If the Supreme Court rules that John McCain is eligible to be President then so be it.

scandinaviany3
03-12-2008, 02:28 PM

Costs about 500k to do unfortunately...

I dont think anyone can raise that money unless they are privately wealthy..could be wrong...

Ron Paul is Probably better off submitting a bill on the matter to get a constitutional ammendment and to nullify any acts at statute level to make sure the new wording is not muttled. Also would be good to be attached to the the anchor baby bill for illegal immigration.

That would at least put some fear into people that they would wonder on mccain.

Why did Ron Paul need to put in a Constitutional Ammendment to help McCain they would ask.

The bill could then at least do some good by getting rid of anchor babies and not letting the question go on forever for older people in mccains position of legacy laws and eternal banter by non supreme court parties.

fedup100
03-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Suit was filed on 3/06/08 on this issue by a 52 year old attorney in California. Article says he was a life long democrat but had registered for this election as an republican. :D:eek::D

scandinaviany3
03-12-2008, 02:34 PM
I heard on the local news this morning here in Cali that a Federal Court Judge in Riverside is going to hear a complaint about his eligibility.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_D_mccain11.3bcc741.html

acptulsa
03-12-2008, 02:38 PM

Now, Bradley, you know very well that, one, statutes cannot either modify or define any part of the Constitution. You also know that there were framers of the Constitution involved in the 1802 modification of that law. And you know that the "consensus of scholars" is not binding. I think you really don't much like McCain, so why wouldn't he be challenged?

Anyone have a link to the California lawyer so we can keep track of whether or not he needs money?

Banana
03-12-2008, 02:40 PM
While I personally think the case will get shot down, not on legal merits, but on political merits ("hush, he's still running and we know he's a good American. Let's not spoil the fun, ok?") at least someone's walking the talk.

See, see.

1000-points-of-fright
03-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Again with this natural born citizen motherfuckery. I hate everyone who brings up this topic.