PDA

View Full Version : How about winning a primary?

spacehabitats
03-11-2008, 12:57 PM
With all the talk about delegates, brokered conventions, operating in stealth mode, long term goals etc. I think we are missing an obvious opportunity.

How about winning a primary?:eek:

I know, I know it's a crazy concept but think about it.

This would be a tremendous PR coup! Just when the MSM has everybody convinced that it is all over, we WIN a primary. Who even cares about the number of delegates, this could legitimize everything that we have been doing and give us credibility and momentum going into the pre-convention months. Almost anything short of a win would be ignored, but an actual victory (as in more votes than his opponent) would have to make some noise.

People who have not been canvassing might not realize this but despite the poll numbers, McCain's support is very soft.

1) McCain is still very unpopular with a lot of Republican voters.

2) He is a very sleazy guy with a history of an explosive temper, an improper relationship with a female lobbyist, collaborating with his Vietnamese captors, and consistently siding with illegal aliens against the interests of all American citizens.

3) Even his supporters don't like him; they just hate Clinton/Obama and have been convinced that he is the only hope for defeating them in November.

4) McCain does NOT support many important principles in the GOP platform.

5) He is a sociopath and a bold-faced liar who does not even blink when confronted with his falsehoods. (By the way, I am a physician who does not toss around labels like "sociopath" lightly. He IS the real deal. He is the type of guy who is guided ONLY by self-interest.)

6) Now that the nomination is "locked up", his supporters don't have any incentive to go to the polls.

So what should we do?

We need to concentrate all of our efforts on a state with a relatively small population. Preferably it should be a midwestern state with a strong conservative base. Ideally its population should be concentrated in a relatively small geographic area to make canvassing more practical.

Nebraska seems to fill the bill fairly nicely. It would require some help from surrounding states to canvass the Omaha/Lincoln area. Maybe we could reactivate some Council Bluffs, Iowa RP people?

We can approach the voters with the idea that we need to send a message to the GOP that we are not happy with John McCain's "tax and spend" philosophy and swing-vote betrayals of his fellow Republicans. We can tell them that if they do not vote for Ron Paul that they will be sending the opposite message to the GOP, that it is OK to betray all of the conservative principles in the platform and you can still be the party leader.

Maybe he could even spend some money on TV ads in the Omaha/Lincoln area. (It is not that spread out and could be covered by two stations.)

Ron Paul would need to show up at several rallies in this part of the state, but by concentrating his efforts and attention we could finally have what so many people need for their morale, and what could be priceless for our ongoing struggle; an actual victory.

Any thoughts?

acptulsa
03-11-2008, 01:02 PM

English Mastiff
03-11-2008, 01:07 PM
I completely agree w/ you but you will need major grassroots organization to pull off a win, not to mention some support from RP and his campaign. Good luck! I'm in CT so I can't help you.....

UnitedWeStand
03-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Many republicans think its all over at this point and will stay home or participate in the democrat race to vote against one or the other. We really could pull it off.

People who seek power are the least qualified for the job. Let's show Ron Paul that great men have power thrust upon them!

We can totally win these lowly contested last primaries. We can--

1. canvass there
2. make calls
3. make calls to potential canvassers there
4. what else?

slacker921
03-11-2008, 01:26 PM
You'd have a tough time doing this from a grassroots perspective since the Paul campaign isn't going to support it.. they haven't released a press release since Feb 23rd and apparently aren't very interested in winning any of the upcoming states.

But yeah.. this would be fun.

UnitedWeStand
03-11-2008, 01:42 PM
You'd have a tough time doing this from a grassroots perspective since the Paul campaign isn't going to support it.. they haven't released a press release since Feb 23rd and apparently aren't very interested in winning any of the upcoming states.

But yeah.. this would be fun.

We can do this without HQ, can't we? Or maybe we need to write them and explain our intentions? Or..maybe make something press-release worthy happen=)>

spacehabitats
03-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Ron Paul said he would make appearances if the grassroots requested it. Is there someone who knows how to get a message through to him? It would be nice to show him that we had a consensus about a state to focus on. BTW, this is actually what he should have beendoing in Iowa at least in the weeks before. The media blitz was too little, too late. Maybe if in just one state he campaigned for awhile like he did in Texas for his congressional seat.....
He actually has never done that during this whole campaign.

IDefendThePlatform
03-16-2008, 09:48 PM
With all the talk about delegates, brokered conventions, operating in stealth mode, long term goals etc. I think we are missing an obvious opportunity.

How about winning a primary?:eek:

I know, I know it's a crazy concept but think about it.

This would be a tremendous PR coup! Just when the MSM has everybody convinced that it is all over, we WIN a primary. Who even cares about the number of delegates, this could legitimize everything that we have been doing and give us credibility and momentum going into the pre-convention months. Almost anything short of a win would be ignored, but an actual victory (as in more votes than his opponent) would have to make some noise.

People who have not been canvassing might not realize this but despite the poll numbers, McCain's support is very soft.

1) McCain is still very unpopular with a lot of Republican voters.

2) He is a very sleazy guy with a history of an explosive temper, an improper relationship with a female lobbyist, collaborating with his Vietnamese captors, and consistently siding with illegal aliens against the interests of all American citizens.

3) Even his supporters don't like him; they just hate Clinton/Obama and have been convinced that he is the only hope for defeating them in November.

4) McCain does NOT support many important principles in the GOP platform.

5) He is a sociopath and a bold-faced liar who does not even blink when confronted with his falsehoods. (By the way, I am a physician who does not toss around labels like "sociopath" lightly. He IS the real deal. He is the type of guy who is guided ONLY by self-interest.)

6) Now that the nomination is "locked up", his supporters don't have any incentive to go to the polls.

So what should we do?

We need to concentrate all of our efforts on a state with a relatively small population. Preferably it should be a midwestern state with a strong conservative base. Ideally its population should be concentrated in a relatively small geographic area to make canvassing more practical.

Nebraska seems to fill the bill fairly nicely. It would require some help from surrounding states to canvass the Omaha/Lincoln area. Maybe we could reactivate some Council Bluffs, Iowa RP people?

We can approach the voters with the idea that we need to send a message to the GOP that we are not happy with John McCain's "tax and spend" philosophy and swing-vote betrayals of his fellow Republicans. We can tell them that if they do not vote for Ron Paul that they will be sending the opposite message to the GOP, that it is OK to betray all of the conservative principles in the platform and you can still be the party leader.

Maybe he could even spend some money on TV ads in the Omaha/Lincoln area. (It is not that spread out and could be covered by two stations.)

Ron Paul would need to show up at several rallies in this part of the state, but by concentrating his efforts and attention we could finally have what so many people need for their morale, and what could be priceless for our ongoing struggle; an actual victory.

Any thoughts?

Sounds good to me. I think if we could get Dr. Paul here in Omaha and Lincoln just once it would be huge for the state. The entire population of Nebraska is 2 million people, about 1 million of whom live in the Omaha/Lincoln area. One appearance would be huge for us.

Also, as far as advertising, if anyone is interested we are trying to run some newpapers ads in the Omaha World Herald, the only major paper in Omaha. Please consider donating here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=120332

ItsTime
03-16-2008, 09:51 PM
door to door to door to door to door to door to door x10000

GunnyFreedom
03-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Vote Ron Paul, change the party. Make Washington DC learn to respect the Constitution again. Send a message that can not be ignored.