PDA

View Full Version : ... and the movement marches on ...

hard@work
08-17-2007, 04:50 PM
I noticed a lot of activity from certain posters (with small post counts) immediately after Iowa. They were very negative, mostly defeatist in nature. It was clear that the volume on this and many other places I view consistently was higher than it should have been naturally. Yet only some small time has gone and the message Ron Paul has stands stronger than ever.

No matter how many times I've viewed negative information or activity, the movement is growing. It's good to see that naysayers have almost no effect on the community! I'm sure that's going to really irritate a few campaign strategists as time goes on!

:)

Akus
08-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Ron Paul, I am convinced, will be our next president. I keep telling people about Ron Paul and I keep running into people who already know who he is. I have not seen a single person opposing him. I have not heard a single sound argument against him. Any candidate would give his arm for the kind of support and growth that our guy is experiencing.

I can only hope that the listenership of Glenn Beck, O'Reilly, Michael "Psycho" Savage and other so-called "Conservative" talking heads is shrinking. That will satisfy me knowing that people want to make up their own minds who to vote for, instead of some shock jock telling them that.

Lesgov
08-17-2007, 04:57 PM
I agree much of it has been negative lately, but I think some of it was good for us also. It just tells me to work harder.

tmg19103
08-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Iowa only got me more pumped.

Akus
08-17-2007, 04:58 PM
I agree much of it has been negative lately, but I think some of it was good for us also. It just tells me to work harder.

People expected way too much way too soon. Ron Paul is steadily growing, while the other guys' movement is shrinking, or so I understand.

john_anderson_ii
08-17-2007, 05:04 PM
It's his message, it can't be stopped. It's on the threshold of creating a political renaissance in the U.S. One that's long overdue. Even those who have never before been politically motivated are beginning to realize that the beauty of America that was taught as truth in grade school, isn't living up to reality. There are some that are willing to settle for what we have now. It's a good thing most people aren't afraid to work for what we know we should have by right.

Even if the unthinkable happens and Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination. I think his message will have, by that time, hit a critical mass.

As a former Marine, I always like to hand out little USMC or general military quotes to my juniors as the situation dictated them. I think I've found one that's appropriate.

"Courage is endurance for one moment more…"
--Unknown Marine Second Lieutenant in Vietnam

jonahtrainer
08-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Ron Paul, I am convinced, will be our next president. I keep telling people about Ron Paul and I keep running into people who already know who he is. I have not seen a single person opposing him. I have not heard a single sound argument against him. Any candidate would give his arm for the kind of support and growth that our guy is experiencing.

I can only hope that the listenership of Glenn Beck, O'Reilly, Michael "Psycho" Savage and other so-called "Conservative" talking heads is shrinking. That will satisfy me knowing that people want to make up their own minds who to vote for, instead of some shock jock telling them that.

Yesterday, I let a very sharp business friend of mine borrow my car to entertain a couple of VCs. I 'accidentally' left a few Ron Paul yard signs in the backseat. After he gave my car back at lunch he asked why I supported Ron Paul. He seemed opposed at first, probably because he is not a fan of all the litter around town from the signs or MSM influence (I pointed out the MSM's economic conflict of interest) and I laid out a simple position. Then we had to break but he wanted to continue the discussion.

So, I stopped by his office and we chatted about it. Someone heard 'Ron Paul' and it was like blood in the water. A few MBAs, the tech gurus and others showed up out of the woodwork and were very pro-Ron Paul. I finished up a few more of the basic stances he asked about; abortion, government spending, etc. We parted with him committed to going to RonPaul2008.com and watching some YouTubes.

Oh, and I put up two Ron Paul signs on my own private property. The movement grinds along.