PDA

View Full Version : Don't listen to Ron Paul. He's been wrong before and he's wrong now!

adam1mc
03-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Roughly a year ago several individuals who had been inspired by his 1988 Presidential campaign approached Congressman Paul about a possible Presidential run in 2008. Dr. Paul was apprehensive about the idea as he didn't think many people were concerned about things such as the economy, non-interventionism and the Constitution. He was concerned that his ideas wouldn't resonate with Republican voters nor would he have the financial backing necessary to launch a nationwide campaign. Despite those concerns, Dr. Paul began his 2008 Presidential campaign in mid-January 2007.

By summer 2007 Dr. Paul's message of Peace, Prosperity and Freedom was spreading across the internet faster than a chain letter that promises good fortune when forwarded to 30 people. Forums such as DailyPaul and RonPaulForums popped up and quickly surpassed other well known sites in regard to internet traffic. YouTube and Digg became Ron Paul dumping grounds with hundreds of posts/video's being created each day. Meetup groups were created at astounding rates. Ron Paul quickly became the most searched person on Google and hugely popular on Facebook and Myspace. People walked across towns, Granny Warriors drove across the Country. Blimps and Air Corps took to the air. People all across the Country were painting their cars, hanging signs and even getting RONPAUL license plates on their car. By the end of 2007, Ron Paul had raised more money during the 4th quarter than any other Republican candidate.

Ron Paul once said "I was very reluctant to enter the race, didn't think it would last more than a month or two." We proved otherwise. We proved that Americans are concerned about things such as freedoms, tyranny and a struggling economy. We proved that Dr. Paul’s message not only resonates with Republicans, but also Democrats, Libertarians and most importantly even apathetic voters. We showed that we care about the Constitution and our Founding Fathers suggestions of non-interventionism by contributing millions of dollars into the Ron Paul war-chest. But most importantly, we proved Ron Paul wrong! We are very much concerned about some of the same things.

Ron Paul recently released a video to supporters in which he states "Though victory in the conventional political sense is not available in the presidential race, many victories have been achieved due to your hard work and enthusiasm. We must remember elections are short-term efforts. Revolutions are long-term projects,". Dr. Paul acknowledged that John McCain has the delegate count and will win the nomination.

Ron Paul is wrong! Don't listen to such rhetoric. It sounds like Dr. Paul has been watching too much of the MSM. We aren't quitters and this fight is far from being over. We CAN still win this race. There is a lot of time between now and the convention in St. Paul and a lot can happen. We don't need to throw in the towel just because the race is getting difficult. Now more than ever we need to be energized not demoralized.

We still need to organize meetups, sign bombs, email bombs, phone banking, leaving fliers everywhere we go. People still need to flood YouTube with videos and bombard digg.com with stories. This race is not over and we don't need to quit as if it was.

Get motivated and get organized. Join your local GOP and start attending meetings. Propose Ron Paul style resolutions at GOP events. Find out the delegates in your area and go talk to them. Encourage them to support Ron Paul as he is the ONLY conservative in the race. Don't quit people. Ron Paul is wrong. We CAN still win this!

Most importantly.. EVERYONE needs to be in St. Paul MN for the convention. EVERYONE needs to book their hotel, campground or room A.S.A.P. and get as many people to attend as you possibly can. We need our Revolution to convey in MN, Sept 1-4th. This is important because Ron Paul people need to fill-up the town during these days. We need not leave a single hotel room, or bed available.

If there is anything we have learned over the last year it's that politics is sometimes a dirty game. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to even the playing field if you wish to compete. Michigan is expecting 45,000 Delegates, Alternates and Volunteers to attend the convention. We need to do our best to ensure that none of them have anywhere to stay. We NEED our revolution in MN and we need our revolution to be huge. Let’s show Ron Paul that he is wrong again. We can still win the White House in 2008!

paulpwns
03-11-2008, 11:02 AM
You are delusional.

Liberty_is_NORML
03-11-2008, 11:09 AM
You are delusional.

QFT

Supporters like the OP have runied this campaign.

I love Ron Paul but his supporters are his own worst enemy.

Andrew76
03-11-2008, 11:10 AM
You are delusional.

Yeah, totally.... don't you understand? Now that it's gotten REAL hard, it's time to throw in the towel. Quit working so hard, you delusional Ron Paul supporter. Ron Paul is really unlikely to win, so that means stop campaigning altogether. Plus, since he's unlikely to win, this automtically devalues all of Ron Paul's ideas, so, no need to continue to spread the message either. It was fun while it lasted I guess.

So,... what do we do now? Hey, anybody seen a good movie lately? I say, lets start talking about cool new movies, or how about a cell phone forum? Or, a celebrity gossip forum? Well, whatever it turns into, make sure we AREN'T talking about Ron Paul or continuning to campaign for him since it's unlikely he'll win. I mean, right?

Go stuff yourself, quitter.

yongrel
Someone forgot their meds.

acptulsa
You are delusional.

You may say I'm a dreamer

Well I'm not the only one

Maybe someday you'll join us

And the world will be as one.

You ever listen to that guy you use as an avatar, or do you just like his pretty face? Nothing good ever came from anything but someone's dream, and the narrow mind will always call a dream a delusion.

adam1mc
03-11-2008, 11:12 AM
QFT

How is that?

Sandra
03-11-2008, 11:16 AM
You are delusional.

+1

acptulsa
03-11-2008, 11:17 AM
QFT

Well, of course they are. The happy candidate is the one who gets no votes whatsoever.

If it weren't for his supporters, Ron Paul wouldn't have had a campaign to ruin, would he?

jointhefightforfreedom
03-11-2008, 11:19 AM
there is one way!!
Pressure Mccain to drop out!

hawks4ronpaul
03-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Most importantly.. EVERYONE needs to be in St. Paul MN for the convention. EVERYONE needs to book their hotel, campground or room A.S.A.P. and get as many people to attend as you possibly can. We need our Revolution to convey in MN, Sept 1-4th. This is important because Ron Paul people need to fill-up the town during these days. We need not leave a single hotel room, or bed available.

If there is anything we have learned over the last year it's that politics is sometimes a dirty game. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to even the playing field if you wish to compete. Michigan is expecting 45,000 Delegates, Alternates and Volunteers to attend the convention. We need to do our best to ensure that none of them have anywhere to stay. We NEED our revolution in MN and we need our revolution to be huge. Let’s show Ron Paul that he is wrong again. We can still win the White House in 2008!

Maybe this is why RP is saving campaign funds.

Interestingly, 45,000 is close to the number of the Iraq and Afghanistan troop surges (broadly speaking).

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Liberty_is_NORML
03-11-2008, 11:25 AM
How is that?

Because they are so blinded by their own zeal that they can't accept reality.

Those still trying to "win" this election are NOT in it for the long haul.

Maintain your beliefs in small, constitutional gov't.
Spread the message in your community.
Elect liberty candidates locally.
Continue to spread RP's message throughout the remaining primaries.

But don't waste my time telling me that we can sabotage the convention and win the nom.

EVEN IF RP SOMEHOW got the nom...we would still lose HUGE to the dem. candidate.

This country will NOT elect a republican this year. Too much baggage.

Call me a negative nancy or a troll, I don't care.

adam1mc
03-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Please help me understand why you think that (1) I'm delusional or (2) Supporters like my ruined the campaign.

If anything I would say MSM ruined his campaign. Calling him crazy, kook, laughing at him, refusing to give him fair time in debates or even fair questions. Reporters such as George Stephanopoulos or others who told their entire audience that he didn't have a chance...

Silly me... All along I thought it was these people who ruined the campaign. True supporters did nothing but try and increase his visibility and viability.

My entire post was just saying don't quit. Don't give give up yet as lots could happen. McCain hasn't secured anything and if we keep working at it we can at the very least give McCain a run for his money. Additionally I called for a rally in MN during the convention. This would have many purposes one of which would be to fill the town. I'm not the first to propose this idea.

And this is wrong? I'm delusional because of this? Why? Because I want what they said can't be done? Don't you remember, months ago Fox News was saying Ron Paul was done. HE'S STILL HERE FOLKS. We need not give up.

I feel sorry for those of you who have given up.

adam1mc
03-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Because they are so blinded by their own zeal that they can't accept reality.

But don't waste my time telling me that we can sabotage the convention and win the nom.

EVEN IF RP SOMEHOW got the nom...we would still lose HUGE to the dem. candidate.

Under that mentality we should have given up long ago when Giuliani laughed at us during a national debate.

I'm not a quitter. I understand that the revolution is a long term goal. How many of you have become involved with your local GOP? How many are attending GOP meetings and want to have Ron Paul styled people become appointed in local positions?

Yes, I understand that it is a long term goal, but I haven't yet lost sight of the short term goal either.

IDefendThePlatform
03-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Roughly a year ago several individuals who had been inspired by his 1988 Presidential campaign approached Congressman Paul about a possible Presidential run in 2008. Dr. Paul was apprehensive about the idea as he didn't think many people were concerned about things such as the economy, non-interventionism and the Constitution. He was concerned that his ideas wouldn't resonate with Republican voters nor would he have the financial backing necessary to launch a nationwide campaign. Despite those concerns, Dr. Paul began his 2008 Presidential campaign in mid-January 2007.

By summer 2007 Dr. Paul's message of Peace, Prosperity and Freedom was spreading across the internet faster than a chain letter that promises good fortune when forwarded to 30 people. Forums such as DailyPaul and RonPaulForums popped up and quickly surpassed other well known sites in regard to internet traffic. YouTube and Digg became Ron Paul dumping grounds with hundreds of posts/video's being created each day. Meetup groups were created at astounding rates. Ron Paul quickly became the most searched person on Google and hugely popular on Facebook and Myspace. People walked across towns, Granny Warriors drove across the Country. Blimps and Air Corps took to the air. People all across the Country were painting their cars, hanging signs and even getting RONPAUL license plates on their car. By the end of 2007, Ron Paul had raised more money during the 4th quarter than any other Republican candidate.

Ron Paul once said "I was very reluctant to enter the race, didn't think it would last more than a month or two." We proved otherwise. We proved that Americans are concerned about things such as freedoms, tyranny and a struggling economy. We proved that Dr. Paul’s message not only resonates with Republicans, but also Democrats, Libertarians and most importantly even apathetic voters. We showed that we care about the Constitution and our Founding Fathers suggestions of non-interventionism by contributing millions of dollars into the Ron Paul war-chest. But most importantly, we proved Ron Paul wrong! We are very much concerned about some of the same things.

Ron Paul recently released a video to supporters in which he states "Though victory in the conventional political sense is not available in the presidential race, many victories have been achieved due to your hard work and enthusiasm. We must remember elections are short-term efforts. Revolutions are long-term projects,". Dr. Paul acknowledged that John McCain has the delegate count and will win the nomination.

Ron Paul is wrong! Don't listen to such rhetoric. It sounds like Dr. Paul has been watching too much of the MSM. We aren't quitters and this fight is far from being over. We CAN still win this race. There is a lot of time between now and the convention in St. Paul and a lot can happen. We don't need to throw in the towel just because the race is getting difficult. Now more than ever we need to be energized not demoralized.

We still need to organize meetups, sign bombs, email bombs, phone banking, leaving fliers everywhere we go. People still need to flood YouTube with videos and bombard digg.com with stories. This race is not over and we don't need to quit as if it was.

Get motivated and get organized. Join your local GOP and start attending meetings. Propose Ron Paul style resolutions at GOP events. Find out the delegates in your area and go talk to them. Encourage them to support Ron Paul as he is the ONLY conservative in the race. Don't quit people. Ron Paul is wrong. We CAN still win this!

Great post. We still have an amazing opportunity to spread the message of individual liberty over the next several months. Becoming a delegate and trying to make a difference at the convention is good, but I think it would be much more beneficial if Dr. P were to declare an Independent run for president. 8 more months of national campaigning would be an incredible boon to the freedom movement, and is our last, best hope at winning, IMO.

spacehabitats
03-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Why is it we have to decide EITHER to try to win the nomination OR work to establish a long term, effective, political machine for restoring constitutional government?

I am a delegate who is planning on doing everything in my power to win the nomination for Ron Paul, even though I don't think he has a snowball's chance in Hades. Why? Because it will further the movement!

I am also going to continue to do everything in my power to help solidify this movement into a persistent political force for liberty!

Too bad nobody is bothering to read my post "Are you a Moneybomber or a Minuteman?"

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=127676

acptulsa
03-11-2008, 11:47 AM
NORML, the MSM has been ignoring us for decades. Do you think they could ignore an attempt to take the convention?

beachmaster
03-11-2008, 12:13 PM
My main disagreement with the OP is that Ron Paul probably isn't wrong. I think he told us that he is still out to gather votes and DELEGATES for a reason. I don't think the reason is vanity.

I think he wisely told us he was "winding down" (and really it was more meant for the MSM) to keep himself low on the radar right now. If he was still high on the radar, there would be shrill screams from McCain and his handlers, the MSM, the national GOP, etc., to announce his dropping out.

Ron Paul recently told the CNN clown that the campaign for ideas never ends. I'm sure Ron Paul realizes that the chances of a win in MN is very slim, so he cleverly states that a win in the conventional sense is not available to us. However, by KEEPING HIS OPTIONS OPEN, should something drastic happen to cause McCain to no longer be in the running, or should there be a revolt by the delegates who simply will not back McCain, or should the economy just totally go down the crapper (which seems very plausible now, and remember, McCain has admitted he don't know crap about the economy), Ron Paul could either have a MUCH bigger voice at the Convention than he's been given by the MSM or in the debates, so much that any nominee will HAVE to listen... and local and state GOPs will certainly have to listen, and it will give all of the Ron Paul republicans who are seeking office a much louder voice and possibly stir up a national rallying cry.

And then there still is that slim little chance he could walk away with the nomination. If not Ron Paul, perhaps a Bob Barr or a Judge Napolitano will step up and run as a Liberty Candidate (under any party banner) in the meantime, and seeing all the hoopla for liberty at the Convention would only further their campaign.

Or.... Ron Paul could just fade fast and listen to posters on this forum who claim people are delusional, just disappear, giving Liberty delegates no real voice at the convention, tuck the tail betwixt the legs and go back home to Texas. I don't think that's Ron Paul's plan at all. He is smarter than his staff. He will do what he thinks is right for the country and right now, he is not dropping out, he is gathering more votes and delegates, and he plans on being at the convention.

What's so hard to support about that?

acptulsa
03-11-2008, 12:18 PM
The rank and file of the party is waking up. They aren't quite the same as the neocon RNC, though they certainly are team players. Ron Paul is playing this the way he has to. He is leading the burrowing from within, and he's downplaying the fact that he has attacked from without (don't forget that he's a life member of the Libertarian Party and was the Libertarian candidate when I first voted for him for president). He knows that the G.O.P. candidate gets a lot more publicity than the Libertarian Party candidate--and so do you and I. If we can get him that nomination, he can no longer be ignored.

If Dr. Paul seems lukewarm, consider that some of us have gotten a little carried away with enthusiasm. He doesn't want us selling our homes for him or getting so caught up that when the neocons black us out we swing into massive despair. He cannot in good conscience promise us a rose garden. I think we can all see by now that's a responsible position.

Dr. Paul doesn't seem to have given up on us hijacking the convention. I think those ballot access petitions would be useful leverage for him to use to move the G.O.P. If they turn out to be the only way to put him on the ballot where I can vote for him in the fall in my no-write-ins state, that suits me. I've "thrown my vote away" on third parties many a time hoping to create enough percentage points to convince people to join us. We may be on the verge of creating such a critical mass--but we have a better chance of swearing him in if we can push McCain aside.

But if we're going to do that, it is critical that Dr. Paul not scare the rank and file Republicans away. We're rocking the boat hard. He must reassure them that he can be a stabilizing influence to get them to join us. Having the young tell the old, "You must join us or you will be the ones splitting our vote is not the sort of thing designed to make people of a certain age happy. Nonetheless, we have the truly conservative candidate and that's our pitch.

We have to step up to the plate. Dr. Paul must play this quietly and carefully, and we must step up, or this game won't work. We don't have the numbers or the positions of power to hijack the party. We must win the rank and file over. We have youth, we offer enthusiasm and hope for American conservatism to have a future, and the neocons can at this point only offer failure and embarassment. Dr. Paul saw how the party came back after Nixon, and he knows what his role needs to be. He must offer conservatism, stability and us. And we must let him.

This is why he can't spout revolution. This is why he can't even bring up the subject of an independent run himself, and must allow himself nothing more than "wiggle room". This is why we must step up, have faith, and attack the flank ourselves. He must reassure the rank and file, and we must both threaten and inspire the rank and file. Can we do this?

I really see no other remotely viable option that will get us a president with libertarian ideals in January.

TheloniousBonk
03-11-2008, 12:21 PM
The main point here is that this is no longer about the election. That's what gets people throwing the word "delusional" around. It's time to face reality, acknowledge that Ron Paul will not be the presidential candidate. We will lose many bandwagoners over this sad fact. Do you need Ron Paul to "win" to validate your views?
The challenge is now about waging a lifelong struggle. This is a worldview shift, a fundamental philosophy which guides how I now look at almost everything. I am forever indebted to Ron Paul for this, and sites like lewrockwell, ronpaulforums and others.
I have (some) hope for the future, but also a sad acknowledgement that yeah, most people really *are* sheep and will be easily led by the MSM machine.

Anthony T
03-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Hahaha I'm so sick of these threads. :rolleyes:

Liberty_is_NORML
03-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Please help me understand why you think that (1) I'm delusional or (2) Supporters like my ruined the campaign.

If anything I would say MSM ruined his campaign. Calling him crazy, kook, laughing at him, refusing to give him fair time in debates or even fair questions. Reporters such as George Stephanopoulos or others who told their entire audience that he didn't have a chance...

Silly me... All along I thought it was these people who ruined the campaign. True supporters did nothing but try and increase his visibility and viability.

My entire post was just saying don't quit. Don't give give up yet as lots could happen. McCain hasn't secured anything and if we keep working at it we can at the very least give McCain a run for his money. Additionally I called for a rally in MN during the convention. This would have many purposes one of which would be to fill the town. I'm not the first to propose this idea.

And this is wrong? I'm delusional because of this? Why? Because I want what they said can't be done? Don't you remember, months ago Fox News was saying Ron Paul was done. HE'S STILL HERE FOLKS. We need not give up.

You didn't read a damn thing I wrote.

When did I say anything about giving up?

That is my point...crazy ass people read what they want into whatever you say.

Liberty_is_NORML
03-11-2008, 12:44 PM
NORML, the MSM has been ignoring us for decades. Do you think they could ignore an attempt to take the convention?

No, but I feel like the MSM would just characterize us as "terrorists" holding the convention hostage. "Wow, those RP supporters are crazy...RP has been mathmatically eliminated for months and they are still clinging on to some hope that McCain will die, and Romney and Huckabee will die at the same time... this will make the RNC will change their platform to magically conform to RP's and nominate him for POTUS."

Everyone wants everything RIGHT NOW. That is no way for us to change the way people look at the government...it is going to very small baby steps...your local school board, city / county council, town managers, mayors, state reps and senators, etc.

Want to take over something?

Try the MSM...it seems that all of you think this is the only way.

acptulsa
03-11-2008, 12:49 PM
No, but I feel like the MSM would just characterize us as "terrorists" holding the convention hostage.

And if they use such over-inflated hyperbole to attack us for working within the system and not hurting anyone, would they win the hearts and minds of the public or would it be a "have you no decency--have you no shame?" kind of a moment? I don't think anyone in this country is stupid enough to feel sorry for John McCain, and I sure don't think he's that beloved.

weslinder
03-11-2008, 01:11 PM
How is Dr. Paul wrong? It is very unlikely that he will win the Republican Party nomination at this point. A lot can happen between now and September, but if nothing major happens, John McCain will be the nominee. I'm glad Dr. Paul is staying in, just in case something does happen, but it is time to redirect our energies into changing our State and Local RP organizations and getting like-minded candidates elected.

Liberty_is_NORML
03-11-2008, 01:11 PM
And if they use such over-inflated hyperbole to attack us for working within the system and not hurting anyone, would they win the hearts and minds of the public or would it be a "have you no decency--have you no shame?" kind of a moment? I don't think anyone in this country is stupid enough to feel sorry for John McCain, and I sure don't think he's that beloved.

I guess my response to that would be this...

It is the same as a police officer asking to search your vehicle..while it is well within the rules to say "No, you can't" the officer is going to say "Well, if you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to hide.

It's not fair, it's not right...it's just how it is.

You are contradicting yourself, also...you trash the MSM for decades of bad / no coverage but then expect them to change all of a sudden at the convention? Plus, the American sheeple will not understand what the hell we were trying to do.

beachmaster
03-11-2008, 01:25 PM
No, but I feel like the MSM would just characterize us as "terrorists" holding the convention hostage. "Wow, those RP supporters are crazy...RP has been mathmatically eliminated for months and they are still clinging on to some hope that McCain will die, and Romney and Huckabee will die at the same time... this will make the RNC will change their platform to magically conform to RP's and nominate him for POTUS."

So why do you suppose Ron Paul is still out to get votes and delegates?

Is he delusional as well? Will he be characterized as a terrorist holding the convention hostage? Will he be portrayed as "clinging on to some hope that McCain et. al. will die"?

adam1mc
03-11-2008, 01:29 PM

You guys misunderstood. I never said anything about hijacking the convention. What I was calling for was a huge rally to FILL THE TOWN. The purpose being to take up all available hotel rooms and camping sites which would prevent some (not all) but some from attending the national convention which would open the spots up to (hopefully) Ron Paul alternates or would at least create enough of a power struggle to give Ron Paul an actual chance at winning. I read somewhere (probably here) that Lincoln only had 20 delegates when he went to Nationals.

I don't want to hijack the convention. I'm not trying to recreate the Democratic National Convention of '68 or anything. I was just suggesting an ethical and legal strategy to try and sway numbers in our favor.

beachmaster
03-11-2008, 01:30 PM
It is the same as a police officer asking to search your vehicle..while it is well within the rules to say "No, you can't" the officer is going to say "Well, if you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to hide.

That one is easy.

American: "yes, I may have something to hide"

Cop: "What would that be?"

American: "Only everything I own. I'm a private person. Get a warrant or get lost."

Ron Paul says civil disobedience is a good thing. Maybe we should listen to him come convention time?

Or not?

kaleidoscope eyes
03-11-2008, 01:34 PM

+100

mysticgeek
03-11-2008, 01:36 PM
LIKE WHAT-Ever!!!!!!

d03boy
03-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Quitting before it's over is delusional. As long there is a chance that he can be president, we should be pushing for it. Even if the chance is one in a million or billion or trillion.

DealzOnWheelz
03-11-2008, 01:45 PM
keep in mind John McCain has to be alive by the convention to be the nominee and I heard that he has had surgery for malignant melanoma twice already and from what I know when that attacks it can grow very rapidly and be fatal.

we can only hope right......j/k

By the way Ron Paul didn't have a chance when he started(at least thats what I heard on FAUX) so whats different now??

beachmaster
03-11-2008, 01:48 PM
keep in mind John McCain has to be alive by the convention to be the nominee and I heard that he has had surgery for malignant melanoma twice already and from what I know when that attacks it can grow very rapidly and be fatal.

we can only hope right......j/k

By the way Ron Paul didn't have a chance when he started(at least thats what I heard on FAUX) so whats different now??

Also, McCain has some FEC campaign financing problems. Sweet irony.

Rhys
03-11-2008, 02:06 PM
the OP is right. No one is the nominee until September. Lincoln had 22 delegates. Half what Ron Paul has.... sure, there were less overall but so. There's only two people running and for all we know, the delegates hate the other one. There's nothing delusional about working for a win at convention.

The people with the most to say on RonPaulForums always have the least to say, and do the least.

0zzy
03-11-2008, 02:13 PM
He is not getting the Republican nomination. if McCain dies, Romney will unsuspended his campaign. They won't pick Paul.

Zera
03-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Whats up with these bastards? The past few days have been all delegates talk and we've been making some great success. Why are these guys coming here and trying to bring us down? We're making some damn good progress, and we still have like six months to continue to do so.

adam1mc
03-11-2008, 02:25 PM
He is not getting the Republican nomination. if McCain dies, Romney will unsuspended his campaign. They won't pick Paul.

They said RP had no support.
They said RP would drop out long ago.
They said RP supporters were only capable of blogging and text message voting.
They said RP supporters wouldn't get out and vote / become delegates.
They said we couldn't be the top 1 day fund raiser out of all Republicans, ever.
They said the blimp idea was "full of air" and would never launch.
They said the race was secured to Giuliani and Romney.

THEY have been wrong since day 1.

Since when do we listen to 'they' when they say something can't be done?????? We've always accomplished what was unattainable.

Don't listen to MSM when they tell you McCain has the nomination locked up. No one has voted yet. I'm a delegate and I'd sure as hell not vote for McCain. This is not over and don't give up.

Romney suspending his campaign IMO really ruined it for him. Many of his supporters realized that he doesn't have it in him to continue a hard fight. He lost credibility and supporters when he suspended his campaign. Even if he does come back, he's lost too much to be considered a serious candidate any longer.

BravoSix
03-11-2008, 02:36 PM
A thorn in the side of this movement has been - and will continue to be - those involved who feel the need to instantly attack other supporters when they express an idea.

There are some real assholes on these forums.

beachmaster
03-11-2008, 02:36 PM
He lost credibility and supporters when he suspended his campaign. Even if he does come back, he's lost too much to be considered a serious candidate any longer.

Reminds me of Perot when he dropped out then tried to come back. That don't play well with voters.

Magsec
03-11-2008, 02:52 PM
I do believe the thread title should've read "He's been Ron before and he's Ron now!"

adam1mc
03-11-2008, 02:58 PM
I do believe the thread title should've read "He's been Ron before and he's Ron now!"

:D Cute

krazy kaju
03-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Ron Paul needs to run third party.

If he can steal at least 3% of voters that would go Republican, he'd force the Republican Party to go back to its conservative roots.

tangent4ronpaul
03-11-2008, 03:09 PM
OK guys - game plan....

1) grave robbing party - every one show up at Lee Harvie's plot at 3am tonight....

2) someone rent the old Frankenstein place - the lab is still intact - right?

3) ...

:)

-n

NerveShocker
03-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Where there's a will there's a way. Should we give up? No.. Ron Paul never said give up he said winning this election will be difficult. He also said this doesn't end with just 1 election.. so all this talk about giving up because probably won't win this time is opposite of the message he sent.

Oh yeah I probably shouldn't say this but who knows something could happen to Mccain making him unfit to serve as president any longer.. then what? Like what is McCain goes crazy?.. Ah shit he already has and it probably just made him more fit for president.. damn. ;(

beachmaster
03-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Ron Paul just recently said on CNN (and in his video to us) that he is out to continue getting votes and delegates. Enough said. Let's help him get votes and delegates. Any questions?

PennCustom4RP
03-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Its seems that posters #2, 3, 4, 5, to this thread only read the title, not the body of this OP.
Simply it states that RP at onset, did not think that this effort would go far, and to this he was wrong...and pleasantly surprised at that. I guess some posters do not understand Irony.

This is not a thread about quitting, but one of persevering.

voytechs
03-11-2008, 03:38 PM
...Michigan is expecting 45,000 Delegates, Alternates and Volunteers to attend the convention. We need to do our best to ensure that none of them have anywhere to stay. We NEED our revolution in MN and we need our revolution to be huge. Let’s show Ron Paul that he is wrong again. We can still win the White House in 2008!

I like it. I think its a good idea. We already started talking about Sept. in our meetup.

Akus
03-11-2008, 03:40 PM
You are delusional.

I'm sorry, how so?

tangent4ronpaul
03-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Where there's a will there's a way. Should we give up? No.. Ron Paul never said give up he said winning this election will be difficult. He also said this doesn't end with just 1 election.. so all this talk about giving up because probably won't win this time is opposite of the message he sent.

Oh yeah I probably shouldn't say this but who knows something could happen to Mccain making him unfit to serve as president any longer.. then what? Like what is McCain goes crazy?.. Ah shit he already has and it probably just made him more fit for president.. damn. ;(

OK - plan B...

at McCains next big shin dig, get one person in a waiters costume with a vial of good liquid LSD near the punch bowl, then bribe the DJ to encourage ppl to get neekid and do the funky chicken - lastly be sure to invite the media and maybe a SWAT team... problem solved!

:)

-n

adam1mc
03-11-2008, 03:47 PM
I like it. I think its a good idea. We already started talking about Sept. in our meetup.

I like that idea too (NOTE- it wasn't my idea originally) but no one has really jumped onto it. It's strategical, tactful and legal. We all need to start spreading the word to our meetup groups.

Ball
03-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Wow, I'm saddened to see so much stupidity and defeatism!

McCain's supporters have already found the conventions in NV and CO to be hostile environments. He will not get the nomination, and if you knew the process, you would know why.

The other candidates aren't going to expose the myth because they're running for comfy positions in the next administration (or positioning themselves for political runs in the future), but nothing prevents us from doing so (so long we have enough delegates).

I think this thread got on the wrong foot with the title, but TS is correct. The game is far from over.

Also, a Washington march is a loser...we should be marching to the convention (preferably as delegates).

Liberty_is_NORML
03-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Its seems that posters #2, 3, 4, 5, to this thread only read the title, not the body of this OP.
Simply it states that RP at onset, did not think that this effort would go far, and to this he was wrong...and pleasantly surprised at that. I guess some posters do not understand Irony.

This is not a thread about quitting, but one of persevering.

It seems like you haven't read anything, either.

My 2nd post on this topic (if you are keeping score):

Maltheus
03-11-2008, 05:12 PM
McCain's supporters have already found the conventions in NV and CO to be hostile environments.

While I can say that our Ron Paul speaker got more applause than the McCain speaker at our County Convention here in CO, and the Ron Paul table was far more crowded than the McCain table, it's fairly clear that McCain will still take most of the delegates here. People have warmed up to him since my precinct caucus and I think the herd will follow him off the cliff. Republicans will only vote for Paul if he's seen to have the momentum. He doesn't. That being said, anything could happen between now and September and I've invested too much in this to quit now. When things get really bad, I want to be able to say I gave it my all when we still had a chance to turn things around. And I don't want to let down my fellow meetup supporters because, well quite frankly, I like hanging out with them. That's all that's keeping me in at this point. Oh yeah, and I'm stubborn.

porcupine
03-11-2008, 06:25 PM
there is one way!!
Pressure Mccain to drop out!

Riiiight. What do you propose? Digg a "Drop out" petition to the front page of digg? Seriously, people. Grow up. McCain gave everything he had for this nomination and he will not give it up. Period.

Ball
03-11-2008, 06:59 PM
McCain gave everything he had for this nomination and he will not give it up. Period.

You make it sound like he has a choice.

Edit: He doesn't have any delegates yet. He's the PRESUMPTIVE NOMINEE

Thomas Paine
03-11-2008, 07:47 PM

It's over.

adam1mc
03-11-2008, 07:52 PM
It's over.
"Sir, we have not yet even begun to fight!" -- Commodore John Paul Jones

Which one is it? It's over or we have not yet even begun to fight. I choose the latter.

AFM
03-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Amen
LIBERTY WILL EXIST IN AMERICA

TruthAtLast
03-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Quitting before it's over is delusional. As long there is a chance that he can be president, we should be pushing for it. Even if the chance is one in a million or billion or trillion.

by this line of thinking we should be trying to get Ron Paul elected forever. Because it might be a trillion to one shot but I guess if a pandemic killed off all of the other republican candidates, Republican leadership, and all other NEOCONs that would potentially step in to fill that void, THEN we might be able to get Ron Paul elected this term. :D

Maybe McCain takes office, but gets impeached, and Ron Paul successfully passes an Amendment saying that only people who have served in Congress for a minimum of 3 terms and have delivered at least 4000 babies are eligable to be President. Then we're SET!!!!

Trillion to One odds anyone?

nate895
03-11-2008, 08:11 PM
by this line of thinking we should be trying to get Ron Paul elected forever. Because it might be a trillion to one shot but I guess if a pandemic killed off all of the other republican candidates, Republican leadership, and all other NEOCONs that would potentially step in to fill that void, THEN we might be able to get Ron Paul elected this term. :D

Maybe McCain takes office, but gets impeached, and Ron Paul successfully passes an Amendment saying that only people who have served in Congress for a minimum of 3 terms and have delivered at least 4000 babies are eligable to be President. Then we're SET!!!!

Trillion to One odds anyone?

Well, for the election, I agree with him. Start over with someone else if we lose.

pepperpete1
03-11-2008, 10:04 PM
The OP will find it VERY difficult to find any space available at the convention. Rooms have been alloted in blocks for the delegates, volunteers, speakers, superdelegates, etc. already.

I plan on attending the convention even if I have to stay an hour's drive away to attend.

As far as Romney rejoining the race, what are they going to do with the delegates that he gave away and were replaced with uncommitted delegates, most of whom have "pledged" to John McCain?

Does anyone know the real rule that would be applied if something dreadful happened to McCain? Would Ron Paul stand alone as the nominee? Anyother candidate would have had to have filed all the proper papers way back when, before any deadlines.

I had posted earlier, that we need a money bomb just for a national ad to let people know that Ron Paul is still a candidate, and to make the footsoldiers', who are still out there, job a little easier. Hard to drum up votes when the voters think he is not still running.
I think Ron Paul has run this race in a passive aggressive manner, and that now an ad may not be the right thing to do.

After hearing what RP had to say on CNN, I feel that he is hedging his bets and is lulling the mainline GOP into a false sense of security. One can only hope that we can persuade enough delegates that are not RP supporters to become one. That we can get enough delegates elected in those states that have not had their conventions yet. Maybe McCain will not be let off the matching funds hook by the FEC, maybe he will lose his temper so bad it will cost him,
maybe those skeletons in his closet will rattle too loudly, and he will NOT get enough votes at the convention.

The "unconventional means" is the same means we have been using all along. Those means we have been using to get ourselves elected as precinct delegates, county delegates, national delegates, attending GOP regular meetings, running for local, state and national offices. ALL of which is spreading the message for now and in the future. I did not see any posts here where anyone is giving up on that. People just need to see that the means to getting RP nominated and elected IS also looking to the future, whether he actually gets nominated or not.