PDA

View Full Version : KY Mass County Convention Delegate Call (Except Jefferson)

Dunciad
03-11-2008, 08:26 AM
In the event you did not receive this e-mail, please read and respond. This is being used to put together slates of delegates for the County Mass Conventions.

If you have already received it, only respond once.

Hello Kentucky Ron Paul Supporters:

This letter is being sent to you as part of the Kentucky County Ron Paul campaign. As many of you may already be aware, victories come in many ways. While the likelihood of Ron Paul achieving the GOP presidential nomination is slim, we still have the opportunity and obligation to continue working for the core values we hold dear. This can be accomplished only through the support of individuals like you.

Many public straw polls and primaries have not truly demonstrated the strength of the Ron Paul campaign. The delegate process has. Ron Paul grass-roots campaigns have been very successful at moving delegates up to the national convention, and while many of these delegates will be bound to McCain as the GOP presidential nominee, there will be much more going on at the GOP National Convention besides nominating a presidential candidate.

At the National Convention, delegates will vote on, among other things, Republican Party Officers, and Republican Party resolutions. Through Kentucky's continued support of the Ron Paul campaign, we can help change the future of the Republican Party and the future of our country.

As a Ron Paul supporter, I am sure each of you is aware of the importance of:

• Supporting a small national government

• Supporting war only after it has been properly authorized by Congress

• Voting for fiscal responsibility and a balanced budget

Wouldn't it be great to see the group of delegates gathered at the GOP National Convention supporting these values and deliver a message to the GOP, telling them that we will only support candidates who represent freedom, national sovereignty, and civil liberties!

Given the highly-publicized nature of this event, a strong presence at the GOP National Convention, we will not only be able to deliver this message to the GOP but to the world.

How You Can Help

The Kentucky Convention process is just getting underway, and we need your help to make sure we continue to move Ron Paul delegates to the GOP National Convention. By becoming involved, we can ensure that "We the People" have a say in the future of our country.

Mass County Conventions

Kentucky will be holding their Mass County Conventions next Saturday (March 15th). All persons attending this convention who were registered as Republicans prior to January 29th 2008 can participate.

In addition to conducting Fayette County Republican Party business (such as electing officers and committee members), each County Mass Convention will elect delegates and alternate delegates from to represent each county at the State and District Conventions.

By becoming a delegate at your County Mass Convention, you are simply indicating that you will attend the applicable District Convention and State Convention as a voter. What you will be voting on at the these conventions will include Republican Party Officials (Chairman, Co-chairman, etc.), KY Republican Party Resolutions, and who will be Kentucky's Delegates to the GOP National Convention.

Note: The State Convention will be held at the Sloan Convention Center in Bowling Green, KY on June 7, 2008. The District Conventions dates and times are listed at the end of this e-mail.

Become a Delegate and Help Ron Paul Win Kentucky!!

As mentioned earlier, by becoming a delegate at your Mass County Convention, you are simply indicating that you will attend the State/District Conventions and help change the Republican Party of Kentucky and select delegates who will represent our state at the GOP National Convention.

I cannot iterate enough how important it is for you to get involved and become a delegate or even a Republican Party officer or committee member!!!

To become a delegate or alternate delegate (or Republican Party officer/committee member):

1. Please Reply directly to this e-mail as follows:

a. In the Subject Line, please include the County in which you reside. This will help us to compile delegates, officers, and committee members for each county.

b. In the body of the e-mail, please indicate whether you are interested in becoming a delegate, alternate delegate, or Republican Party officer/committee member. Include your name and contact information (address, phone number, e-mail address). We will compile a list of delegates (known as a slate) or officers, which will be nominated and voted on at the county convention.

Note: Privacy is very important to us; therefore, your information will not be shared with any other individual or group outside the convention process.

Attend your County Mass Convention:

• Fayette County: Will be held on March 15, 2008 at Lafayette High School Cafeteria. Lafayette High School is located at 400 Reed Lane Lexington, KY 40503.

• Clark County: : Will be held on March 15, 2008 at 10:00 AM at City Hall

• Harrison County: : Will be held on March 15, 2008 at 9:00 AM in Cynthiana at the Hospice Community Room on Oddville across from the Elementary School.

• Madison County: : Will be held on March 15, 2008 at 10:00 AM at the County Courthouse.

• Bourbon County: : Will be held on March 15, 2008 at 10:00 AM at the Paris County Courthouse.

• Franklin County: : Will be held on March 15, 2008 at the courthouse in Frankfort at 10:00 AM (door will open at 9:30 AM). Only the handicapped door will be unlocked. Go to the 2nd floor.

Note: If you are unable to become a delegate, it is still extremely important for you to attend your County Mass Convention and vote for the Ron Paul slate of delegates that will be nominated. Also, if prior obligations are preventing you from attending both State and District Conventions, you might consider becoming an alternate delegate.

Perhaps you are thinking, "What will my individual presence at this convention accomplish?" Rest assured, there is power in numbers, and if each individual receiving this e-mail responds and exercises their right to become involved in the KY Republican Party Convention process, numbers will ensure our victory.

Please respond to the e-mail as soon as possible and no later than noon on Friday March 14, as we will need to finalized the necessary paperwork for the convention.

If you have any questions or concerns about becoming a delegate/alternate delegate or voting at the Mass County Convention, please contact us at rpkentucky@gmail.com. Keep in mind, that the number of supporters has surprised even Ron Paul. He has always thought of this as a revolution that starts from the ground up, which is why getting involved at your County Mass Convention is an essential part of the revolution.

molly_pitcher
03-11-2008, 11:07 AM
We need any and all supporters in Mercer County out on Saturday March 15.

Dunciad
03-12-2008, 04:58 AM
bump

mudburn
03-15-2008, 12:25 PM
I attended the Metcalfe County GOP mass convention this morning. It was much as I expected it to be: small and informal. Our county is only about 10,000 people and appears to be predominantly Democrat. There were about 30 people present, the majority of them being older (gray haired). Only a hand full of people seemed to be willing to be involved in any of the county-level offices. I am not in a position to be the county chair at this point in time, so I didn't pursue that position (nor do I believe I would've been elected). I ended up being the only precinct captain in the county, the only one to send in the form. I may actually be the first precinct captain they've ever had (at least in recent years).

We selected 7 delegates to the District Convention. This process was on a simple volunteer basis. I am one of the seven. Last time they had a hard time getting the full number of delegates to go. We have 3 alternates this year.

I met one lady there who was favorable towards Ron Paul, but she will vote for the Republican nominee, whomever that will be. I did not wish to overtly ally myself with her because she has the appearance of being a nut. We passed no resolutions, however, an older gentleman stated some concerns about McCain. I followed up with a comment about the Republican Party having left its bases of small gov't and limited taxes and that McCain is an outcome of that. Many agreed, but the mindset is that we have to support whomever the nominee is so that the Republicans can beat the Democrats. I will continue to influence debate within the local party organization regarding fundamental principles of liberty and conservatism.

Anyone else going to be at the District 1 Convention on April 26?

dp

SWATH
03-15-2008, 03:59 PM
I attended Campbell Co., and there were about 25 people including Sen. Jim Bunning. They all seemed to be old chumy party hacks. I actually overheard Jim Bunning say "Ron Paul is nuttier than a fruitcake", and "he ran for president before as something else...some crazy party" We got at least 5 delegates that I know of for Ron Paul, maybe 7 (there were two other young people). There was no vote and no mention of delegate proceedings, so when it was over we went up and asked Barbara Haas if we were delegates or what. She said "Oh my gosh I forgot about the delegates, EXCUSE ME, MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION...YOU ARE ALL DELEGATES IF YOU SIGNED THE SIGN IN SHEET AND CHOOSE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE VOTING AT THE DISTRICT CONVENTION IN APRIL"

From what I hear Fayette Co. was a debacle.

TheTyke
03-15-2008, 04:04 PM
That's not nice of Mr. Bunning :( I had always heard he was good, but at ontheissues.org it said he voted for the Patriot Act?? :o I'm soo not up on my local politics. :D

Nelson County seemed less formal than I had expected it to be, but I think most of the delegates are favorable to Ron Paul. :) I was happy.

patrickdsg
03-15-2008, 04:09 PM
From what I hear Fayette Co. was a debacle.

Yes, it was - I was there.

molly_pitcher
03-15-2008, 06:57 PM
If you are in the 6th district and you have not PMed me, PLEASE DO SO!