PDA

View Full Version : CNN talking heads giving the RP view on oil

slacker921
03-11-2008, 07:40 AM
on CNN this AM (~8AM EST).. there was a discussion on the price of oil going over $100 per barrel. Two talking heads had a discussion that sounded almost exactly like Ron Paul in the debates talking about the rise in the price of oil due to the drop in the value of the dollar.. and the drop in the dollar directly tied to the Fed lowering interest rates.

The end of the discussion was essentially acknowledgment that we won't be seeing a strong dollar "anytime soon" and so the price of gas will likely hit $3.75/gal.

If somebody got it on Tivo it would make an awesome YouTube vid mixed with Ron Paul in the debates.. I hope somebody is making something that shows all the points in the debates that he was mocked for - and it turned out he was correct on those points. (Iran speedboats, recession, price of oil, Iraq, etc..)

liberteebell
03-11-2008, 07:57 AM
I'm hearing more and more of Ron Paul's talking points EVERYWHERE and I hardly ever watch teevee.

I heard bill clintoon giving a speech on economics the other day and he was talking about the middle class squeeze due to the devaluation of the dollar and the increase in the prices of goods and energy. I was speechless! They cut away to some other nonsense, but I'd given anything to hear the rest of his speech. I'd bet it was more of "Ron Paul Economics".

Then obamination has taken Ron Paul's foreign policy position--"we" have angered
"them over there" by fighting them on thier soil, we need to talk with them, negotiate with them, blah, blah, blah.

It makes me want to scream!!!! Nobody's asking obamination if he takes his talking points from al CIAda or asking him why he hates America.

crazyfingers
03-11-2008, 08:19 AM
I've recently heard Hillary talking about "borrowing money from China" and an Obama spokesperson talking about how America is no longer being able to sustain such a vast military empire. Also a CNN panel talking about the state of the dollar and how it has gotten to the point where some places in the US are now even accepting pesos.

Unfortunately all this talk will remain empty if we don't continue to push for real reform. Just like many in the GOP talk about small government/low taxes, but then do something completely different when in office. Most politicians will say whatever they think will win them votes...they're not concerned with the real issues.

ryanmkeisling
03-11-2008, 08:21 AM
You ever notice they always have laptops in front of them? I sometimes think that they are browsing these forums to find out what's popular:mad:

liberteebell
03-11-2008, 09:45 AM
I've recently heard Hillary talking about "borrowing money from China" and an Obama spokesperson talking about how America is no longer being able to sustain such a vast military empire. Also a CNN panel talking about the state of the dollar and how it has gotten to the point where some places in the US are now even accepting pesos.

Unfortunately all this talk will remain empty if we don't continue to push for real reform. Just like many in the GOP talk about small government/low taxes, but then do something completely different when in office. Most politicians will say whatever they think will win them votes...they're not concerned with the real issues.

That's what makes me want to scream. It's all blather and hot air. You are correct; it's about votes, not real reform and the GOP is the worst--at least the dems are honest about serving up Big Government. I think we all should work to get some mechanism in place where we can have a recall or some ability to remove representatives from office when they don't follow the principles they've sworn to uphold. 2-8 years is waaaaay too much time to effect serious damage. Just look at what jorge booosh has done...

acptulsa
03-11-2008, 09:49 AM
And, of course, none of them will ever give Dr. Paul credit when they steal his ideas.

I'm all for a YouTube showing Dr. Paul making his points and various parrots repeating them later. If I could, I'd do it myself. If someone has a parrot and can teach him or her a Paul line, that would be the perfect closer!

torchbearer
03-11-2008, 01:54 PM
This is why the revolution is winning... its about infiltrating our ideas into mainstream thought via the media.
Those moneybombs broke the barrier... prior to the moneybombs, no one talked about the economy the way they are doing now... we must continue, unrelenting..

smartguy911
03-11-2008, 01:59 PM
well they are all talking about it but they will do nothing to fix it. its all talk. they talk on tv so they can keep getting their monthly salary. obama/clinton/mccain will talk to get into white house. All talk..things will never change..neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

wgadget
03-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Does This Mean We've Won?

Phantom
03-11-2008, 02:31 PM
I hear that Ron Paul was on Neil Cavuto (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/42206) today.

Hopefully we will get to see a youtube of this today.

Cleaner44
03-11-2008, 02:38 PM
It is good that the subject is being discussed. Probably the ideas will get perverted into something that does the opposite though. Like calling NAFTA free trade, Hillary and the gang will propose some solution like giving the Fed more power to solve the dollar crisis. Watch, they will come up will some bullshit like a bill called The Sound Money Act where they will propose selling all gold and making Bernake the Chairman of America. On second thought maybe its not so good that they are discussing this. :confused:

ItsTime
03-11-2008, 02:58 PM
And this is why I wish Ron Paul would run as an Indie. That would MAKE McCain pander to Ron Paul Republicans. And Ron Paul would not "steal the election for the dems" because Nader is running on the other side and it should balance out. Unless of course Ron Paul gets 20%.

This is why the revolution is winning... its about infiltrating our ideas into mainstream thought via the media.
Those moneybombs broke the barrier... prior to the moneybombs, no one talked about the economy the way they are doing now... we must continue, unrelenting..

voytechs
03-11-2008, 04:08 PM
I record American morning, but not the show afterwards. So just missed it. I went through the entire American morning scanning for oil segments and there were several, they did mention that the weak dollar and the fact that Fed is lowering interest rate, will further drive up the price of oil, but those comments were short and spread out. Nothing that can be meanigfully youtubed. Too bad I didn't get the following hour recorded.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Does This Mean We've Won?

It means the truth is harder to hide after someone with an audience speaks it. That's all.

It means most politicians think simple minded americans are convinced to support politicans with talking points. Look at that Ron guy... people are following him, let's say some of what he says.