PDA

View Full Version : Don't troll each other - please stick with the movement - important

libertythor
03-11-2008, 12:53 AM
Good evening everybody. After an ample amount of time of observing everybody on this board, I notice a lot of discouragement, and some are wanting to break off and support one of the major candidates that one would think would be "the better". Let me tell you this.....in 2000 I campaigned heavily for Harry Browne, to the point that I was a delegate to the Libertarian Party national convention.

Come the general election results, Harry Browne receives just 400,000 votes. This was against all odds. If you asked 20 people if they had heard of him, barely one would say yes. Very few had even a small inkling of what Constitutionalism or Libertarianism was.

Now lets fast forward to today. Probably about half of registered voters at least will recognize Ron Paul's name. The majority will say something positive about him. The majority of the problem is the distortion now that the media has given to his views and the belief in "wasted votes". I see that we have advanced far beyond what existed of consciousness of what is at stake since 2000.

Why do I say this? Well I imagine that at least 60% of the people in this forum are new as far as having known about a similar movement. Maybe for their whole lives they have had those views...but for the first time the whole ideal has been concretized and offered to the mainstream. Don't be discouraged. Don't give up. As somebody who has been involved with similar politics since the age of 18 in 2000 (I am 26 now.), the position and strength appears 50 times stronger. Imagine in 2000.....Harry Who? Librarians? Jejejejeeje LOL

Don't go running away over stupid flame wars and look for a "winning horse". Things have improved and continue improving. Look at what has been done in some states such as Minnesota, Colorado, Montana, Alaska, Nevada, North Dakota....etc....EVEN in NEW YORK Ron Paul registered better amongst minority voters in NY than amongst the majority whites.....amongst those who voted Republican from each BS defined segment (why the media focuses so much on divide and conquer techniques and racial politics, I don't know....look at the fing Obamamania rhetoric and platitudes being thrown around.) that they break down in the exit polls.

This is for the long haul folks.

:)

All the energy that has been placed in this campaign resulted in a large amount of territory gained.

libertythor
03-11-2008, 06:57 AM
bump

acptulsa
03-11-2008, 07:07 AM
Well said.

People are here for one of two reasons. Either you are a paid troll or you are here because you are tired of the mess the string of "lesser of two evils" politicians has gotten us into. If you are tired of this mess, you won't clean it up by falling back into the same old comfortable trap. Voting for the lesser of two evils won't salve my conscience!

Why are you here?

Edu
03-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Why are you here?I'm here because you paid me to be.

Just kidding :)

acptulsa
03-11-2008, 08:39 AM
I'm here because you paid me to be.

Just kidding :)

I know you're just kidding, you know you're just kidding, and my banker really knows you're just kidding.

Can't bleed a turnip...

jointhefightforfreedom
03-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Ron paul delegate here!

speciallyblend
03-11-2008, 09:00 AM
well if it wasnt for harry bronwe or the libertarian party and others. i would of dismissed ron paul at the beginning. so why did i support ron paul? because harry bronwe opened my eyes. I disgaree with you .if it wasnt for my leaving the dems and joining the libertarians message then ron pauls message would of fell on deaf ears. The facts, i will support Ron Paul.,but i will not support a failed republican party(mcaain). If Ron Paul doesnt run in 2008 .I will have no choice but to vote for anyone but a republican or democrat.
The only wasted vote is voting for mccain . my vote will serve better as a write in or for someone else. i dont have to vote republican and voting for anyone else in the republican party would go against what ron paul has been saying. the republican party has to deserve my vote which they are not doing. My vote will go to Ron Paul or anyone but a republican. The only reason Ron Paul's message is gaining traction is because of people outside the failed republican neocons. It's up to real republicans to jump aboard or ill be leaving the republican party in the next 4 yrs,but to be honest the republican party is already dead and if they fail to listen to us so be it. My vote will go someone else.It's up to Ron Paul if he wants my vote then he needs to run in 2008 all this is up to Ron Paul,if he doesnt run .THERE IS NO ONE IN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY TO VOTE FOR so voting for mccain is the wasted vote.id rather vote for a libertarian before i ever vote for mccain. RON PAUL HAS TO RUN INDY if he isnt nominated in the republican convention. IF HE DOESNT RUN THEN RON PAUL doesnt deserve my vote either. MY VOTE IS FOR RON PAUL but if he chooses not to run. I have no other choice but Libertarian . Id rather vote for themessage and lose then vote for a message thats uselss to me and goes against ron pauls message