PDA

View Full Version : Today's Duckies and Bunnies Thread

BLS
08-17-2007, 02:55 PM
2 very positive notes about the campaign.

1. I got 5 bumper stickers from Iowa this past weekend, and put 2 on my car last night, before heading up to my first meetup attendance. Today while driving down the road, a rather scruffy looking man, probably in his 40's driving a pickup pulls up next to me and starts honking his horn. I looked over to my surprise to see him giving me a HUGE thumbs up! Took me a brief second, but he pointed at my truck lid (where my stickers are), and the bulb went off, and I smiled broadly and gave him a huge thumbs up.

2. A guy at the meetup last night (Thursday) showed up with a Ron Paul Revolution Tshirt on.
No big deal...I had mine on as well. Then he speaks up during a discussion and says he just drove here from a town about 1.5hrs away and wanted to get some insight on how the meetups work, etc, because then he's starting his own meetup in his hometown and then he's driving to a town another 1hr in a different direction to meet 7 people there who are waiting for a meetup to form.

One guys says to him "wow, that's awfully ambitious. How long have you been following Dr. Paul?"

The guy looks at us, and says "Since Monday". :D

The freaking guy goes on about how a friend sent him a youtube link, and a day later he had orderd his shirts, bumper stickers, slim jims and joined meetup.

Stuff like this only reaffirms that when you first see the 'light'. It's like being born all over again, only you can remember it, and you can celebrate with a beer.

Slugg
08-17-2007, 02:56 PM
2 very positive notes about the campaign.

1. I got 5 bumper stickers from Iowa this past weekend, and put 2 on my car last night, before heading up to my first meetup attendance. Today while driving down the road, a rather scruffy looking man, probably in his 40's driving a pickup pulls up next to me and starts honking his horn. I looked over to my surprise to see him giving me a HUGE thumbs up! Took me a brief second, but he pointed at my truck lid (where my stickers are), and the bulb went off, and I smiled broadly and gave him a huge thumbs up.

2. A guy at the meetup last night (Thursday) showed up with a Ron Paul Revolution Tshirt on.
No big deal...I had mine on as well. Then he speaks up during a discussion and says he just drove here from a town about 1.5hrs away and wanted to get some insight on how the meetups work, etc, because then he's starting his own meetup in his hometown and then he's driving to a town another 1hr in a different direction to meet 7 people there who are waiting for a meetup to form.

One guys says to him "wow, that's awfully ambitious. How long have you been following Dr. Paul?"

The guy looks at us, and says "Since Monday". :D

The freaking guy goes on about how a friend sent him a youtube link, and a day later he had orderd his shirts, bumper stickers, slim jims and joined meetup.

Stuff like this only reaffirms that when you first see the 'light'. It's like being born all over again, only you can remember it, and you can celebrate with a beer.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!

Spirit of '76
08-17-2007, 03:00 PM
It's nice to hear some good news!

jjschless
08-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Great post.

The message of Liberty, Peace and Prosperity holds a great deal of power. At the core of every American, running along side our noble heritage, is the fundemental idea of Liberty and the lengths our forefathers took to secure it.

This common thread connects all of us in ways we cannot image and cannot hope to quantify. It is upon this thread that Dr. Paul and his message has resonated. We must seek to exploit this phenomenom.

We must forge anew the liberty bell and sound it from purple mountains, over amber ways of grain, from sea to shining sea. When Liberty is held as the greatest acomplishment of our government we can without doubt that this truly is the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Shink
08-17-2007, 03:50 PM
It'd be sex if we could compile a list of Duckies and Bunnies in one thread. Great motivator when a person feels election fatigue or set back a bit by a rigged poll. Put in Ron's writings (I can't remember where exactly it came from) about how his supporters fight for freedom nonstop and that is why he can't either....and that'd be one bigass group hug of a thread.