PDA

View Full Version : Amit Singh Endorsed by Rand Paul

skiingff
03-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Amit Singh, candidate for Congress in Virginia's 8th District, was endorsed by Dr. Rand Paul yesterday afternoon. The following is the written endorsing statement we were sent:

Amit Singh is a true conservative dedicated to fighting big spending, big government, and the big-business lobbyists in Washington. Back in 1976, my father was one of only 4 Republican congressmen to endorse Ronald Reagan for President. Today, I’m proud to announce my support for Amit Singh, who will fight to continue the Ronald Reagan and Ronald Paul visions of limited government, free markets, and the rule of law.

Dr. Rand Paul, son of Congressman & Presidential Candidate Ron Paul

We plan to ask Rand if he will record this statement over the phone for use on YouTube. We also have a meeting set up with Congressman Ron Paul's Chief of Staff next week.

Amit and his campaign team, which includes a couple dozen dedicated volunteers, needs to raise $15,000 online by March 25. We will raise another $35,000 by making fundraising phone calls to Republicans & friends. The goal is $50,000, because if we don't raise that much we won't look serious as a candidate when we officially announce Amit's candidacy on the 25th on the courthouse steps of Arlington, Virginia, with dozens of media and first-timers in attendance.

Please check out our new website, http://www.amit08.com. The content is still being worked on, but right now we have Chip-In up as a fundraiser until our merchant account gets approved by the bank.

Our opponent said that Congressman Ron Paul "personally told" him that if he kept up his level of energy, he would "absolutely win." It doesn't matter how much energy he has, because his message is flawed. Ron Paul's office and Rand Paul disagreed with that statement, that's why we received the endorsement and have a meeting set up with Ron.

Please help us raise $15,000 by March 25:
http://www.amit08.com

We're not asking for too much, that would be the equivalent of about 6 people on the entire world wide web maxing out their donations. If you can help us out we would appreciate it.

abc123
03-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Donated $10.

Let me know if I can do anything to help.

DirtMcGirt
03-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Nice updated web site... listened to a couple of clips on youtube, Amit is a very engaging speaker...

yongrel
03-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Wow, this is a guy I can really support. I liked everything I saw on that website. I'll be donating to him the same day I donate to BJ Lawson (which is as soon as I have 2 dimes to rub together).

The Revolution is growing!

TruthAtLast
03-10-2008, 02:29 PM
chipped in

Jeremy
03-10-2008, 02:38 PM
What are the chances of winning for this guy?

skiingff
03-10-2008, 02:40 PM
chipped in

Thanks!!! :)

I'd like to note that all of Amit's volunteers, including his Senior Adviser, who was the state coordinator for Pat Buchanan in N.H., and Steve Bierfeldt, the National Field Director of the Leadership Institute, do this for free and every dollar will be put to winning another true conservative a seat in Congress.

I have no doubt we will win the primary, as our opponent is a big government liberal who wants to expand Medicare, Medicaid, and is opposed to a border fence because it would be "too isolationist." He was defeated in the last Republican primary by a margin of 70%-30%, and the guy who won has endorsed us!

We do need money to be taken seriously though, right now our opponent, who claims he "sought the endorsement" of Ron Paul (even though he's pro-war), is leading us in the money race and the establishment will support whoever has the most money, because they translate that to general election viability.

skiingff
03-10-2008, 02:43 PM
What are the chances of winning for this guy?

His primary chances are excellent.

His general election chances are good.

The Democratic incumbent, Jim Moran, has a low approval rating around here, and last primary 43% of Democratic primary voters voted against him and for his opponent in the Democratic primary.

yongrel
03-10-2008, 02:49 PM
His primary chances are excellent.

His general election chances are good.

The Democratic incumbent, Jim Moran, has a low approval rating around here, and last primary 43% of Democratic primary voters voted against him and for his opponent in the Democratic primary.

Very nice! This sounds like a great race for the Revolution.

Where can we learn more about Amit? Will the site be growing?

mavtek
03-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Sent you $25

Oh him I should say.

skiingff
03-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Sent you $25

Oh him I should say.

Thanks!!!

Very nice! This sounds like a great race for the Revolution.

Where can we learn more about Amit? Will the site be growing?

Yes, more content will be added to the site, including a better donation page that automatically updates the thermometer on the main page, more YouTube videos, endorsements, social networking, and a newsletter sign up/how you can help.

One thing people can do if they can't make a monetary contribution right now, is join our Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8812547662

But we really need $15,000 from online donors to supplement the $35,000 we're raising using traditional methods to have a chance in the general.

abc123
03-10-2008, 04:48 PM
bmp