NATIONAL
CONVENTION

http://devvy.net/pdf/mar08/2008_Call_FINAL.pdf

jasonuher
03-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Rule No. 32
Suspension of Rules
A motion to suspend the rules shall always be in order, but only when made by
authority of a majority of the delegates from any state and seconded by a majority of the
delegates from each of five (5) or more other states severally.

So there it is.

torchbearer
03-10-2008, 10:25 AM
So there it is.

You can actually get the rules changed with less than a majority of the total assembled!

you just need majority in 6 states willing to unbind all delegates.

soapmistress
03-10-2008, 10:31 AM
I had a "Peden moment" (as in Peden my pants like someone else said) when one of CNN's political ticker links was to an article titled - no joke - "Will pledged delegates vote for Nominee?" I was like OH NO! but it was just another article about superdelegates for hillary.

It's funny how little attention they pay to us, but am I the only one who wonders what it's gonna be like when the ess hits the fan? This could be wild!

MikeSmith
03-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Nevermind, I think we may have to unbind delegates at state conventions. I'm not sure whether or not we can do it at the national convention.

d03boy
03-10-2008, 12:05 PM
can anyone verify legitimacy of the rulebook there?

AJ Antimony
03-10-2008, 12:07 PM
I hope everyone understands that America may turn to HATE the freedom movement if we walk out of the RNC saying we ignored that McCain dominated voting and instead gave the nomination to the "unpopular" Ron Paul.

We have to have actual reasons to nominate Paul over McCain or else the MSM/Republican voters may hunt us down.

acptulsa
03-10-2008, 12:14 PM
I hope everyone understands that America may turn to HATE the freedom movement if we walk out of the RNC saying we ignored that McCain dominated voting and instead gave the nomination to the "unpopular" Ron Paul.

We have to have actual reasons to nominate Paul over McCain or else the MSM/Republican voters may hunt us down.

Firstly, remember that real conservatives were splitting their votes between Romney, Huckabee, Paul and Thompson in the early going, while warhawk neocons were splitting only between McCain and Giuliani.

Secondly, remember that there's plenty of time to play up McCain's Panamanian birth (and not in the Canal Zone) which makes his eligibility a valid Constitutional question, and for his fiscal shenanigans to come to light, and for his temper to rear it's ugly head. Lots and lots of time. And since he's just not that popular anyway...

You're right that we'll have to play it well. But we have what we need to do so.

LibertyIn08
03-10-2008, 12:20 PM
A list of all of the counties that passed motions of no confidence in McCain, as well as the total numbers of the anti-McCain vote would be a helpful antidote to some of these issues. As well as the polling that indicates he would get soundly defeated by either Obama or Clinton. (Not that it has much bearing, but could sway some people.)

hawks4ronpaul
03-10-2008, 12:28 PM
You can actually get the rules changed with less than a majority of the total assembled!

I think it says that a minority of 6 states can make the MOTION but you need a majority to pass the motion.

http://www.hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

MikeSmith
03-10-2008, 01:04 PM
I think it says that a minority of 6 states can make the MOTION but you need a majority to pass the motion.

Yes, that's how I read it as well...

btw... can someone post this where other Paul supporters can find it? ie. dailypaul

torchbearer
03-10-2008, 01:29 PM
bump

MikeSmith
03-10-2008, 05:43 PM
bump

kigol
03-10-2008, 05:45 PM
:cool:

american.swan
03-10-2008, 05:46 PM

No, that is just to get the motion voted on.

american.swan
03-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Firstly, remember that real conservatives were splitting their votes between Romney, Huckabee, Paul and Thompson in the early going, while warhawk neocons were splitting only between McCain and Giuliani.

Secondly, remember that there's plenty of time to play up McCain's Panamanian birth (and not in the Canal Zone) which makes his eligibility a valid Constitutional question, and for his fiscal shenanigans to come to light, and for his temper to rear it's ugly head. Lots and lots of time. And since he's just not that popular anyway...

You're right that we'll have to play it well. But we have what we need to do so.

I agree but the propaganda machine is already working against us with the media showing McCain running close to hillary and obama in the November election so the sheeple will think McCain IS the best chance to beat those two.

bucfish
03-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Sign waves Sign waves as well as poignant ?'s at his fundraising places about the economy his weakest link

speciallyblend
03-10-2008, 06:17 PM

the republicans will leave us not us leave them,its up to the republican party if they want us republicans dont blame us blame the gop who endorsed the blackout of ron paul by their actions and inactions... post this crap on mccains site

AMERICANS DONT HATE RON PAUL,THEY HATE REPUBLICANS

Zera
03-10-2008, 06:26 PM
You also have to realize McCain doesn't really have supporters, he has voters. They are the people who watch the TV the last minute on something like FOX or CNN and then go vote. (I give credit to whoever said that on another thread, very good quote).

The typical idiot Republican will vote for whoever the Republican nominee is. It's just the way they are. I live in a suburb of Atlanta, many are white neoconservatives. They hate Obama because they claim he's a Muslim and a terrorist, and they hate Hillary because it's popular to do so. McCain is a republican, so, they'd just vote for him (it was their same mindset back in 2004, John Kerry was a Democrat and could never run the country, apparently).

Bradley in DC
03-10-2008, 06:28 PM
I've posted the call on the forum several times over a few months:

Here about clarifying the brokered convention misunderstandings:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104384

And here last year:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=47114

hawks4ronpaul
03-10-2008, 06:35 PM
You also have to realize McCain doesn't really have supporters, he has voters. They are the people who watch the TV the last minute on something like FOX or CNN and then go vote. (I give credit to whoever said that on another thread, very good quote).

The typical idiot Republican will vote for whoever the Republican nominee is. It's just the way they are.

These are "tell me who I want" voters.

torchbearer
03-10-2008, 09:43 PM
bump

torchbearer
03-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Rule No. 32
Suspension of Rules
A motion to suspend the rules shall always be in order, but only when made by
authority of a majority of the delegates from any state and seconded by a majority of the
delegates from each of five (5) or more other states severally.

remember.